Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

This Is Life In A Plane Crash

I searched for hours, literally hours.

The middle and elementary school had been drained dry of any inhabiting life and I just couldn't believe it.

Ryant was gone. Jesse was gone. Amanda was gone.

I had no idea about Uncle Trevor or Aunt Meg and my cell phone had disappeared a while ago.

That night I ended up in some random house, a knife placed on the bed stand next to where I slept. I got a glass of water and barricaded the door just before taking a long hot shower and finding the most fitting clothes in that closet which ended up being some cargo shorts and a green thermal. I turned on the television in the cabinet and found CNN.

Outbreak of Deadly Virus Hits Southwestern Town: Many Accounted For As Dead

Dead, I thought. No one was dead. If they dragged their feet and still moved past when their hearts stopped, they had crossed over to the other side.

“Stories of all kinds are being told. Horrific encounters with those infected by this deadly virus are rising into the thousands. The cause of the virus is still being investigated by government disease control.”

I fell back into the bed, my head spinning from the aspirin I had chugged down. There was no God and this Earth was a hell of it's own. I stepped out the house the next morning, bag on my back filled with food, water, extra clothes, hand sanitizer, and an assortment of weapons. The one in my hand was still my trusty old bat. I guess you could say I had a killer swing(literally).

I walked a few miles, the sun chose to burn in deep shades of orange this morning. I was appreciative I still wore my cargo shorts and had opted for a breathable shirt. My lips took a swig of some water after about twenty minutes, wondering if I should start looking for a car. I needed to get out of town, get to a phone, or something like that.

A heavy groan hit the air and I whirled around. At the top of the street was a zombie, gaping hole of red in his stomach and a section of his neck hacked away.

I went sailing into a backyard and took refugee behind some bushes. I thought I was safe. At least until I heard the tires squealing down the road and heard the bullets flying out the windows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, not the most exciting chapter but it moves things forward and sets it up to move on to this.