Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Bed Time.

After hard convincing that Jeremy should give Hannah her keys and go back home, she decided to pay Jacob a visit. She knew he wouldn’t expect it, but she had brought this gift with her, knowing she’d be in La Push. Pulling into the slick lawn she parked her truck and waited for a moment. She needed to cal down. Besides Jake didn’t need to see her all worked up over something so minor.

When she was halfway to the warm looking home the wind must have been against her because one huge blow and she was right in the middle of a frosty brown puddle. Struggling to stand on her feet, Hannah felt large hands grab near her ribs and help stand her to her feet. Faint laughter caused her to spin around and almost fall once more except those hands restrained it from happening.

“Call me crazy but I don’t think you are having the best of luck right now.”

Sarcastically, Hannah replied, “you’re crazy then,” before the shivering came. She could feel the thick, crystallized mud hardening on her backside, especially her hamstring area. All she now wanted were some nice comfy sweats, a hoodie and a steaming cup of hot chocolate to melt away the coldness. Though, Jakes large shirt and jacket did wonderfully as he began to soak her now stained jeans.

Billy was sound asleep on his chair, looking peaceful when Jacob grabbed Hannah’s hand and lead her to his bedroom. She set the steaming mug on his dresser and walked over to sit at the edge of his small bed. Looking over at his white smile it hit her—why was he only wearing a pair of cut off shorts? He must have had to be freezing, so she stood and briskly walked over to him; wrapping as much of her body around him as she could.

“Uh, isn’t it my job to keep you warm?” He squeezed her harder to him.

“Yes, but you’re half naked.”

Bending his head to kiss each of her cold ears he whispered, “I’m part wolf, remember?”

Making the ‘oh yeah’ face Hannah felt the soft tingle his warmer lips gave her numb ears. The shiver escaped over her body, all the way to her slightly warm but exposed legs making them go weak. She absolutely loved the feelings he gave her whether it be from his mouth on any part of her skin, having him engulf her or just by the sound of his voice. And now that he was her boyfriend, she would have him do it all the time.

Realizing it was the late afternoon; her grandparents probably not expecting her until much later anyways Hannah suggested that it was now time to lay down, particularly in Jacob's very appealing bed.

“I’m tired,” Hannah yawned and gave a fake whine.

“Then sleep,” he motioned for her to lay down in which she did.

Giggling and rubbing her legs together from the tiny excitement that Jake was covering her up with his blanket, she felt like a five year old getting tucked in and excited for the story that came soon afterwards. Except she wouldn’t be getting a story.

“You’re not going to join me?”

Looking down at his beautiful pouting girlfriend he explained that he needed to finish his patrol, that he ‘took a break’ when he saw her truck pull into his lot from a distance. Getting on her knees, totally ruining Jacob’s purpose for tucking her in, Hannah reached out for him to come closer. He rushed over and linked their fingers together. Just the vibrations he got from Hannah made him feel loved. However Jacob’s mind got to wandering. His girlfriend was in his bed, half-exposed and asking him that he lay with her. Then for some reason his mind switched and Bethany came to his mind. Guilt swept over him as he backed away, rubbed his eyes a few times and took a better look to see that Hannah was most certainly not Beth.

Ashamed that he even had those ludicrous thoughts, Jacob pressed his lips to Hannah’s and sensing she knew Jake was ‘off’—he shook those feelings from her when he deepened their kiss. He had to admit he missed Bethany like when a kid finds out their favorite animal has passed away but he knew deep down, somewhere within his heart she would want him to be happy. Hannah did that job miraculously, too. Everything Hannah seemed to do was so poised and thoughtful.

It just sucked that Hannah wasn’t Jacob’s true other half; his original imprint cause then he’d make sure to protect her with everything his body had to offer. As he pulled away from Hannah’s sweet mouth he urged her to please get some sleep and told her he would be back faster than she knew it. He did look back and blow a kiss before running out the door, though.

Before he transformed however, a question came to him. Since he basically let Bethany die (he was so morbid about this) was he able to get a second chance? Hot tears actually streaked down his tan face, “of course not,” he spat and made angry stomps in the mud.

No matter how hard he tried to shake the never ending questions, they seemed to come back more fluent, quicker. Why had Hannah even come into his life? What was her purpose to him? Why did she agree to be Jacob’s when one he let his true love fall beneath his grasp, and two—why did she agree to be Jacob’s even though he liked her so much that she could never compare to his feelings towards her? Lastly, was she going to stay his?

He knew he was the major blame in rushing their relationship, it took him forever to get with Bethany but the ‘pull’ Hannah had over Jacob grew more and more intense. For example, just the other night he had to tell himself to calm down when Hannah’s grandma brought up that guy at dinner. He dropped it and never said anything because it wasn’t essential. He trusts Hannah, but it is still present on his mind. Of course it is, though. He chiefly lives in his own mind sometimes.

Returning to Sam’s side in the forest, Jake waited for his new orders. Run over to the cliffside. Sniff it out and then come back. Sam thought hastily.

Jacob nodded his snout and turned to sprint in the direction of rising salt. He could smell the revolting odor of a vampire, however it seemed as if he or she had disappeared into thin air—the wind carrying off its scent with the filthy creature. He ran along the edge of the rock’s face before coming to the conclusion that there was nothing there. Sam nodded and told him to go ahead and go home, but to be back tomorrow when all of them would be out.

Jake’s heart tamed itself when he saw that Hannah’s truck was parked where it originally was. He couldn’t help the boyish grin that plastered his face. As he walked home, he could see her so vividly in his mind. Her smooth looking hair, soft skin, and his ultimate favorite was her genuine smile. He winked to himself when he got a bit naughtier and thought of her body, also.

Luckily and surprisingly, Billy was still knocked out in his seat. Jacob smirked at this, unknown to the reason as to why. He was just so anxious to get to that bedroom of his. Upon opening to the door, he honestly felt that he could get used to seeing this, daily. Hannah’s little body up against the wall, near the window and all scrunched up. Obviously she was cold.

Trying to refrain from that smile of his, Jacob marched over to his bed and cautiously laid down. Grabbing onto Hannah’s body he pulled her from the cold wall and into his nervous beating chest. Carefully laying his head above hers, Jacob was glad he didn't wake Hannah; soon finding it within himself to fall asleep too.

By the time that Hannah wakes up, she is face to face with a disgruntled looking Jacob. He is still sleeping, but the dream he is having must not be a very good one. Lightly kissing his bottom lip Hannah then tries to snake down the bed in order to get to the bathroom. Hearing Jacob groan oddly puts her into hysterics, causing him to open just one eye but raise an eyebrow.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked pulling her back up.

Tapping the tip of his nose she says, “the bathroom.”

He rubs his face a few times before asking, rather somber, “you were going to leave huh?”

“No!” She defends, holds a finger up, and runs to the bathroom.

When she returns, Jacob is still in his bed looking right at her. Rubbing her hands together from the cold water she had just washed them with, she rushes over and jumps on his before rolling over to her little spot in between the wall and Jacob. Where he can hover over and protect her. Overlapping his hands on hers he yanks to towards him where he kisses the top of her head.

Giggling, Hannah says, “I smell like you.”

“That necessarily a bad thing?” Jacob’s husky voice asks, she’s supposed to be marked. She now belongs to him.

He can feel her shake her head ‘no,’ underneath him. Blinking pointlessly, Jacob calms himself. He now has the mindset that Hannah and him are together. He’s not going to give up so easily, let her go without a fight, and he’s going to make damn sure she is protected, even if that means doing to the extreme and picking her up from school or watching over her house at night while on patrol.

He snuggles her closer and thinks to himself, ‘I just can’t lose another one.’
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAT DID YOU THINK? I loved this one, honestly.
Made ya wait 5 days; muahaha!
Wanna wait 5 more for the next one?
Let me knoooooow! ;)