Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Some Tension.

When Jacob got back to Sam’s house he lazily sat down in a chair and listened to everyone around him converse. Glancing up at the clock that read five thirty, he grew angry. How could Sam do that to him? Today was his birthday for crying out loud. Jake felt guilty for thinking badly of his alpha when Emily placed a gigantic cake in front of him.

“When did Hannah call Emily?” Sam asked nicely, after he’d glanced at one of his wolfs.

Looking at the refrigerator Emily made a sad face, “uh, just yesterday.”

He simply shook his head. Sam did feel bad, he hadn’t planned on there being so much activity that it would they would be out there for so long. Besides Sam was doing his alpha duties and keeping his best fighters on the ready. Even if Jacob was a little sidetracked, Sam knew he would remain strong when needed. Jake just didn’t understand the difficulties when it came to decision making as an alpha. There had been plenty of times Emily had to come second, and Sam knew that Hannah meant it when she said she accepted what Jacob had to do. It was just time for Jake to acknowledge the fact, too, again.

After an hour of some awkward silences, loud laughter and grubbing down food Jacob declared he was going to get some air. More or less he was going to go see Hannah. Although he did find it weird that he was chasing her on his birthday, he easily shook the thought away as his legs ran faster.

Smiling he did realize that she had gotten him his gift; just her. She was just good like that, apparently. When he approached the Pierce household, he set his shorts on the ground before him and unshaped. Making sure there was no one watching him, he heaved on his jeans before knocking on the door. He waited patiently, until the large door was swung open revealing a shocked looking Hannah.

“Jake—“

“Shh,” he cooed stepping inside, shutting the door and take a few breathers before his eyes danced feverishly with hers.

Ignoring his suggestion Hannah whispered, “why are you here?”

Backtracking to the staircase he stared right at her, “for this.”

Forcing his lips to hers, it literally broke his heart into millions of pieces when she pushed him off of her. Although his hands remained at the sides of her face, his eyes swarmed into hers. He just wanted her. All of her, on him… with him. His human and wolf senses were at the bursting limit right now and Jacob wasn’t sure he could wait.

However, he couldn’t quite place where these feelings were coming from. Jacob just wanted Hannah so badly that he would get caught doing anything. So, after giving her pleading and honest eyes he couldn’t help but smile when Hannah pulled him back down for more.

Tugging on his bottom lip, Hannah pulled away only to yank him up towards her bedroom. He loved her room. It was always so tidy, smelled like Hannah and was slightly dark. Staring off at a corkboard above her computer, Jacob’s thoughts on Hannah’s homework for the week was interrupted when he felt Hannah stand beside him.

Hannah was feeling it too, though. She wanted Jacob so much that it hurt. She could literally feel her insides burn and yearn to his skin to collide with hers. It was making every cell in her body scream. So, almost knocking him off balance Hannah’s arms wrapped around Jacob’s shoulders. Lifting her up carefully by placing his hands underneath her thighs, he walked over to the side of her bed and laid her down carefully with his face only an inch away.

Looking into her piercing eyes, Jacob licked his lips before pushing his against hers. Soon, it felt like he was drinking her, his mouth was that wrapped up in hers. His forehead was gently pressed to hers as well; his hands playing with the hem of her flimsy weighted shirt. As Jacob attacked under her ear, he gave a low laugh inside of his throat when he felt her body become rigid below him. He liked being the more dominant one, he supposed he got it from being part wolf.

As for Hannah, Jacob’s warm hands mingling with her skin didn’t help the situation any. She helped his hands crawl up her torso, too. When he firmly, yet softly grasped her back was it then that Jacob began to molest her neck causing Hannah’s eyes to clamp shut and her to repeatedly lick her mouth. His hot tongue on her flesh sent bone chilling tingles throughout her being. Until he gave a light squeeze on her neck with his teeth did she gasp audibly.

Getting pretty heated, Hannah decided to end this when she reached the point of wanting to rip Jacob’s shorts off. It was just too soon in their relationship to be doing this and the only reason for it getting this far was because of Jacob’s birthday. Trying to move her head to the side Hannah mumbled, “Jake, we need to stop.”

Whining, he kissed the corner of her mouth, “aw, Hannah.”

“Don’t aw Hannah me,” she laughed and attempted at sitting up.

Pressing his mouth hard against hers, he decided not to push his luck. He was fortunate that he even got a nice kissing session, so he backed up and sat on his knees as he watched Hannah sit up to face him. Linking her hands into his, he looked down and gave her an apology. He didn’t mean to get so upset, but he was scared. Even if one of the guys was to be patrolling, it didn’t mean that she’d be safe out there by herself.

“It’s okay. Are you alright?” She asked bringing his hands to her face.

He nodded somberly, “no.”

“No?” Hannah nervously chuckled. “You want to talk about it?”

For some reason, he wasn’t sure why he got angry with that question. Well of course he wanted to, but he wasn’t going to. Hannah didn’t need to know that he had a harsh dream about his forever imprint now did she? But then again, he thought. It could be possible that talking it out could help.

Opening his mouth several times, he grew irritable that nothing came out. Honestly, he just wanted to pour everything out onto her, let her know just how he felt for her. How strong his feelings were. That when her calm eyes locked with his, there was no escape for him even if he tried to turn away. Or that even her slightest touch made him burn far greater then he already was warm.

“You won’t understand,” he said calmly figuring that it wouldn’t help to remain angered.

“Try me,” she leant towards him and decided to lead him down into the living room where she forced him to sit down on the couch; her taking the other end. When she saw him looking around Hannah said, “they aren’t home.”

Just before Jacob was about to spill his feelings, hardships, emotions—everything, Hannah snapped her fingers and told him that he’d better stay there. Walking into the laundry room, she grabbed a neatly folded shirt and came back to place it nicely in Jake’s lap. “Thanks. Did you wash it?”

Nodding Hannah asked, “I don’t suppose you want a bloody shirt do you?”

“No,” he chuckled. “I don’t think I would, but thanks.”

* * *


Head in her hands, arm leaning on the top of the sofa, Hannah found herself staring at her amazingly gorgeous and tanned boyfriend while he explained some of the things that he was feeling. Most common among them all was his confusion about being so angry and ‘lost’ all the time but more recently having that anger lashing out on people who didn’t deserve it.

“You know the day you got hurt,” he waited.

“Mhmm,” Hannah rubbed her lips together.

Sitting up, he told her about the dream he had of Bethany. Well, that it was half a dream mixed with a memory. It had actually happened, but that he had dreamed about it as well. He went on to say that he still misses her, and that he thinks that part of the reasons why he is acting this way all the time is because he won’t get rid of her. That ever since him and Hannah became a thing that Beth has been more frequently popping into his mind, and he’s having more dreams about it and that he doesn’t quite understand why it is happening; him being scared for some reason.

Continuing, he told Hannah about the memory. About how weak he was that he couldn’t do anything to help Beth, and that he practically let her die in that hospital bed. He even admitted that the day after Bethany died, he had laughed. Really, truly he laughed about it… only to cry for days straight afterwards.

After he had finished, Jacob become angry again. He was upset that he let himself explain what was going on inside of his head. He wasn’t supposed to do this, not yet. He couldn’t just bring up his dead ex-girlfriend like it was an everyday sort of conversation, it wasn’t okay.

Shaking her head Hannah said, “now explain this imprint thing to me more.”

During the explanation, Jacob had to stop himself several times in the process. Why did it matter if he told her what imprinting was? What an imprint meant? How it affected a person so badly that they felt like dying themselves.

“Jake,” Hannah put a hand on his. “It’s okay to love her, you know that right?”

Remaining still he countered, “no it’s not. She’s gone Hannah.”

Blinking back mournful tears Hannah continued, “but it is, Jake. She was your imprint. Something that connected you two so deeply; and to not have that anymore… you don’t have to pretend to be strong.”

“But you don’t understand. No one will be able to understand until they’ve lost what I have. None of the guys have lost someone that the universe planned—made damn sure for them to have,” he stood up but held eye contact with Hannah.

Reaching out for a hand that never came, Hannah turned her gaze towards the spot Jacob was currently sitting in and pulled her hand to her body. Feeling the tears bubble in her eyes, she refused to cry while he was here. She refused to cry because she had been effected by what Jacob said and lastly Hannah wouldn’t cry because the person she was growing very attached to—she had no hope with. Jacob wouldn’t and probably couldn’t end up loving Hannah so powerfully as Beth. Even though she was alright with this, and although she hated short relationships for the purpose of never getting the chance to know the other at all, Hannah got up and wrapped her arms around Jacob’s neck.

“I think,” Hannah felt the tightness grow in her chest, “you need some time. I’ll be here. See—“ she let a small tear fall, “see if us not being ‘labeled’ helps.”

“No! Don’t you dare leave me Hannah, not now.”

Seeing him shake uncontrollably, Jacob felt like he’d been a deer in headlights when he stopped as Hannah’s smooth hands forcefully pulled his head to hers. Telling him to look at her, seemed to help Jacob too. He could slowly feel that need to shifting into his wolf subside with Hannah’s touch on his burning skin.

Pulling him down to the couch, Hannah knew that there was some tension so she tried to make him smile by suggesting them to go and make dinner. Besides, she still had to make him a cake; and although he told her that he’d had some she shook her head and nipped his nose with her fingertip, “I don’t care. I’m going to make you the best birthday cake you’ve ever seen.”

“Well, I would much rather have dinner first then,” He followed her into the kitchen.

“Hmm, well I was going to make some pizza,” Hannah said pulling out some ingredients from the fridge.

Leaning his palms on the countertop Jacob began to laugh, “why do you always make things from scratch? They’ve made frozen things for a reason you know?”

Snobbishly walking past him, swaying her hips, Hannah stuck her nose up to say, “it’s a way to kill time, you fun sucker you,” before she let out a soft smile and urged him to grab a bowl from the top shelf.

Just like with the cookies, Jacob was captivated by Hannah. The way she stuck out her tongue, or furrowed her eyebrows, or when she caught him looking at her she would turn beet red and shove him playfully. She made him feel at ease and at home.

By the time she was looking up the time to leave the pizza in the oven and Jacob was putting it inside, the doorbell rang. Confused, they both looked over at one another. However, by the time Hannah was halfway towards the door it was too late for Jacob to suggest not in answering it.

Scowling his eyes scornfully, Jacob hated the sight that he was seeing. He was beginning to grow instantly protective. How could he touch her? How did she not realize he was stone cold? Striding over towards Hannah, Jacob placed his hand on her hip and yanked Hannah towards him.

“What are you doing here?” He growled.

Ever so politely, Edward answered, “why, I am simply giving Hannah her homework assignments,” slowly before adding maliciously just for Jacob to see, “like she asked me to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, sorry for making ya wait five WHOLE days.
I don't know if I like this one...
But I did like how Edward was an ass at the end :)
Comments? (: