Status: Working on it

Soul Meets Soul on Lover's Lips

I'd rather be here with you

The sun peeked in through the thin covered windows like a poor kid peering into an expensive candy shop.

Spencer slowly opened his eyes, looking over to see a contently sleeping Katie. Her wavy raven locks laying where they may, the sun kissing her porcelain skin as her chest heaved up and down.

His heart was drumming so mercilessly from within his chest, that he almost didn't hear her say, in a rough yet soft voice: ''Morning.''

He smiled unintentionally, looking away from her big icy blue eyes. She made him far too nervous.

She sat up, rubbing a hand through her messy dark hair. ''Thanks for staying with me Spenc, you're the best friend I've ever had.''

She smiled at him once, before standing.

''N-No problem.'' He tried waving it off. ''I'm gonna go home, I have to get ready and... yeah.'' He shakily stood up, shyly and briefly waving over his shoulder as he left.

She waved goodbye, going to the bathroom to take a shower. She dressed in a loose black and dull orange jumper, a slightly tight black pair of jeans and her infamous black boots.

She french bread her bangs and tied her dark curly locks in a messy, loose bun.

She grabbed her keys and drove to work.

All day long Katie received sympathetic looks and condolences. It was a long miserable day and all she wanted was to get home.

''We have a case.'' Hotch informed, walking up the steps to the conference room. They began to follow, wanting nothing more than to catch as many perverted nutcases as they could.

''Katie, you can stay here in Virginia if your not ready. Reid can stay with you, we'll contact you over the phone.''

With that, he left. He didn't exactly ask.

She looked over at Spenc, biting her lip. She didn't want Spencer to miss a case because of her.

''It's fine. You go ahead.'' She urged, smiling reassuringly. Although it was obvious it was fake, well at least to Spencer.

''No, I'd rather be here with you.''

She smiled a real, wholehearted smile. She wondered what she did to get such a wonderful friend.

''Are you sure?'' She asked, not wanting to be a burden.

''100%'' He simply answered, smiling lovingly down at her.

She reached up on her tippy toes to place a soft, brief innocent kiss over his cheekbone. She wrapped his arms around his neck lightly, tightening her grip ever so softly.

He quickly attempted to recover from her sudden psychical contact, wrapping his arms around her waist, closing his eyes as he desperately wished to prolong this moment.