‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Travel Down Memory Lane

After my revelation, I started to have fun. Fun that I hadn't had since Chris and I were living with each other. We stopped by a roller coaster that I had a fond memory of. I couldn't help smiling to myself and thinking back to when Chris had brought me here.

"Chris no! I don't want to go and you can't make me!" I stopped dead in my tracks and pulled my arm away from where he had grabbed it to lead me towards the roller coaster. I folded my arms across my chest and pouted at him.

"Oh, come on Charlie! It's not that bad. Really." He smiled and stepped towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his forehead to mine. I kept my pout on my face and he sighed. "I'll be right there with you. You have nothing to fear. Please? I'll buy you ice cream afterward!" He grinned as the sides of my mouth started twitching. I sighed giving in.

"Fine, but only if you buy me ice cream." I cracked a smile and allowed him to lead my by the arm into the line before the massive coaster.


"Charlie?" I was snapped out of my memory by Joey's voice. He was giving me this concerned look that had a hint of disappointment. I didn't realize why he seemed disappointed until I felt my jaw ache, only to realize that I was smiling.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I opened my mouth wide to relax the muscles so they would stop aching. I heard a laugh next to me and only then noticed how I looked. I couldn't stop myself from grinning again, causing my muscles to ache once more. I groaned and tried to relax them.

"So what were you thinking about?" Joey asked as we got in line for the roller coaster that I was no longer afraid of going on.

"Oh, just the last time that I went on this roller coaster." I smiled to myself thinking back on it again.

"I did it!" I jumped for joy once I was off the coaster. I felt like I was acting like a little kid because of how I jumped up and down, holding Chris's hand and squealing that I had done something that seemed stupidly frightening only moments ago.

"You did. I'm so proud of you." Chris grinned while he grabbed me by the waist, picking me up and spinning around causing me to squeal even more with delight. He chuckled and set me back on the ground, never taking his arms from around my waist. He bent forward to give me a kiss. I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Normally I wouldn't kiss in public, but at this moment, I didn't care. Our kiss deepened and the sound of kids screaming and rides thundering faded into nothingness. The only real thing, it seemed, was the two of us. He groaned when I parted from him and gave him a goofy smile which he reluctantly returned.

"If I'm not mistaken. You still owe me ice cream."


I was so zoned out that I just realized we were now on the roller coaster, being strapped in and I was animatedly talking to Joey. I had no clue even what we were talking about, but he was laughing and I was grinning like a fool because of my trip down memory lane.

The roller coaster lurched forward and the ride began. Going up a massive hill and stopping right at the top. I could barely see down with all the people in front of me, but it made it all the more thrilling.

I squealed with delight mixed with fear when we went over the hill, followed quickly by a quick turn to the right and then a corkscrew. I giggled like a maniac and struggled to keep my hands in the air.

As soon as it started it was over. I was standing next to Joey again and we were talking about how impossible it was for me to learn how to surf. I had been trying for years and never had been able to get it down. I don't think he noticed my distance from the conversation, though he probably did and just was too nice to actually say something about it.

I kept going back and forth between my memories of Chris and I being here only a few months ago. It all seemed so far away and unreal at this very moment. Thinking back to it, I wondered if the two of us would really ever be the same as we were.

I sighed and tried to get the thoughts out of my head. Of course when I went back in the next week and a half it would be the same. It would be like nothing ever happened. I could forget about Joey kissing me. We would move in a while and he didn't have to worry about losing his job, though that's not something you can forget so easily.

I still felt guilty that it was basically my fault he had lost his job. I mean, if I had been more careful then Valerie would've never seen us in the room. Becky would have never found out either and we would be fine. Chris would still have his job, we'd still be in Oakland and we would've lived happily ever after.

We could still live happily ever after. Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took longer than normal to update
it's the holiday season and truthfully I didn't feel up to it
because I'm away from my family for the first time during Christmas
and so I wasn't a very happy person
that and
I lost my wallet somewhere in a random taxi in Ankara Turkey
there's like 74738473829474712 of Taxis here
]:
tell me what you think