‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Going Back

I knew where I was going even before I had walked out the door. It was the same place that many months ago, I was brought by a boy that I had not even known. I had passed by the same run down apartment building a ton of times since then and always held back the urge to see the people there.

I now knew the way there and I could get there without getting lost. Taking the first step away from our apartment was the hardest. Even part of me wanted to turn around and talk some sense into the person I was leaving, but my pride wouldn't let me. So I continued to walk, and walk and walk. Instead of going down the alleys that I had gone down with Joey, I took streets instead, it was longer but easier to go by.

I was determined to not look back, but that ended up failing. I was constantly looking back in from the direction that I was going, hoping that at some moment I would see him chasing after me. I never did. I bet he was thinking I would be going home.

I took another street and kept on walking. San Diego scared me more in the dark, but it would probably be dark by the time I got there. It was a long walk. I found a stone on the sidewalk and started kicking at it for something to do. That is, until my kick went askew and the rock slid into the gutter. I let out an angry grunt and just kept trudging forward.

The first time I actually looked around me, I noticed the sun was going down and the traffic was picking up. The wind was blowing slightly, but just enough for a chill to go through me. I put my bag on the ground and dug through it to retrieve one of the two jackets I owned. I shurgged it over my shoulders, closed the bag and stood up to notice the street getting emptier and emptier.

I continued to walk. The sky grew darker and darker, but I was blinded to it by anger. The same thoughts kept running through my mind. How could he do this? He can't be serious. I just wish there was something I could do. I could go back, but I didn't want to.

I was on the same street that the building was on. The sky was black and the streetlights hardly did any damage against it. Only a few more hundred feet and I would be there.

"Well, well, look who it is." A figure appeared out of an alley way a little bit in front and to the right of me. I took a step back, not knowing who it was that had seen me. I heard the person chuckle and he stepped into the street light. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw who it was. Sure, it wasn't the person I really wanted to see, but it was at least a familiar face. It was Joey.

"Hey." I tried to smile, but I don't think anything could actually make me smile really. It must have come out at least a little bit because he smiled back and walked up to me.

"What brings you here? Teacher find a new student?" He was being sarcastic, but it hurt anyway. I looked to the ground and held back tears. I knew he hadn't found someone else that he loved more, but the doubt was now placed in my mind. He saw my face and put an arm around me. "I was just kidding. Come on."

He lead me to the building like he had months before. This time walking instead of running. I could hear loud music and people talking when we neared it. Someone was throwing a party, that's what I needed right now. Something to clear my head. Alcohol, maybe weed. I don't know, just something.

"Sorry, there's a party going on in our place. I can take you somewhere else if you like." He stopped leading me and turned to go somewhere else. I didn't move and just shook my head that I didn't want to go anywhere else.

"It's exactly what I need right now. It'll help me clear my head about Chris, so let's go." I tried again to smile, but this time it didn't come out at all. He nodded his head and lead me to the apartment. I wish I had taken his word to leave. This night would haunt me for the rest of my life. Not because of what happened, but because of what was created.
♠ ♠ ♠
So my typing schedule is back on track now
I'm back in Ankara so I'll be able to update almost everyday again
[:
Okay guys
try guessing what's going to happen
do it :D