For What You Are

Preparation

“Look I know Elena doesn’t want Jeremy involved, but honestly the kid’s not completely useless in a weird teenage wannabe kind of way.”

Damon lounged by the fire as he spoke to Stefan on the phone.

“He shouldn’t be there. If Elena finds out-”

“It’s not like she’d kill you.”

“There are worse things than death,” Stefan responded.

“Oh there you go again with your whole human emotion thing.” The phone beeped. “Hang on, I got another call coming through.”

Answering the incoming call, he was greeted with, “So what time are we meeting at the party?”

“Seven. Wait a sec.” Switch back to Stefan.

“So I’m bringing along some assistance, hope you don’t mind.”

“You’re not supposed to bring dates. Anyway, I thought Kara didn’t know about any of this.”

“It’s not Kara,” Damon said. “It’s the slayer.”

“Best buddies now are we?”

“Far from it. She has a personal vendetta against Katherine.”

“Then her help is much appreciated. See you at seven.”

“Can’t wait.”

And back to Jayne.

“You there?”

“Yes,” she sighed. “I don’t like phones. Are you home alone?”

“Yep,” he replied. “Why do you ask?”

He heard the soft background noise of a few papers falling to the ground and a strong wind before he heard the soft clink of glass behind him. Spinning around he jumped towards the sound, knocking Jayne (who had run into his house) to the ground in the process.

“Thank you,” she commented pushing him off her, standing up and ending the call on her phone with a smile.

“You have a different mask on today,” Damon commented. “I don’t think green is really your colour.”

“I don’t particularly care, I just threw something on before coming here. So, what’s the go for tonight?”

“Masquerade,” he replied. “Your favourite.”

“I’d already figured that much. But how are we going to kill Katherine?”

“Trap her in a room upstairs,” Damon explained. “Stake her. The classic approach.”

“Don’t you think she might be expecting something like this?” Jayne replied.

“Not if she thinks we’re about to give her the moon stone.”

Jayne literally fell into the chair she was about to sit on, her eyes wide in shock.

“What?” she asked dangerously. “You have the moon stone?”

The look on Jayne’s face made even Damon want to cringe. “Yes.”

“And by killing Katherine you’re hoping that you won’t have to give it to her.”

“Yes.”

“Are you intending to break the curse?”

There was a delayed silence as Damon contemplated his answer. “No,” he finally said. “But we want to prevent the stone from getting to Katherine. Now just seemed like the opportune time to stop her EVER coming back for it.”

“Awesome. So, I’ll meet you there?”

“Sure,” Damon replied. “It’ll take you what, all of ten seconds?”

“Around about,” Jayne agreed, beginning to walk towards the front door.

“What are you wearing?” Damon called as she opened the door.

“You’ll just have to wait and see,” Jayne responded, speeding out of the door just as Damon’s phone rang once again.

“Hello,” he said.

“So,” Kara’s voice on the other end started. “Do you need a date for tonight?”

“I actually wasn’t intending on going,” Damon lied. “Maybe you’d like to hang out with Elena. I hear she’s not going either.”

“It seemed like fun though.”

“It’s not really my scene,” Damon continued. “You have fun with whatever you do tonight then.”

“Okay. Bye.”

Damon took his time hanging up the phone wondering why on earth Kara’s accent had changed to something he couldn’t quite figure out.
♠ ♠ ♠
A fair bit of dialogue, just thought i'd get it all out of the way. Anywho. Comments, subscriptions...

Nita.xx