Between You and Me

Chapter 4

“You kissed her,” my brother responded. Really quick. And I punched him on the leg. And Devin was very surprised to hear my brother.

“Wh..what??” his eyes were about out of his skull. “Did I?”

“Why do you think I would tell a lie?” my brother added, asking him back.

“Oh hell, I am really really sorry,” he said, his face was regretful.

“Yeah you are suppose to be,” My brother replied. “by the way, please come in! We don’t want the neighbor to hear what you have done, do we?” very nice of my brother.

“Um .. thank you,” he said, walking in to my house and have a seat in our living room. And my brother whispered to me to have a seat and accompany him, I didn’t want at the first, but my brother forced me. So there I was, accompanied Devin Oliver sitting in our living room.

“I’m gonna bring some drinks, asap!” my brother left us in the living room. And in that condition, it forced me to have conversation with Devin Oliver. But I was afraid to start it first, and after he did that to me, I was kinda shame even thought he didn’t remember it.

“You know,… I am really sorry. I am feeling like a jerk!!” he said, breaking the silence moment.

“You should! But I don’t want to remember it. It was accident by the way” I replied, spit it out that crossed in my mind.

“I never good when I get drunk,” he said, trying to explain probably.

“Then don’t do alcohol!” I said. “You know, it was my first,” I added, nervously.

“First?” he didn’t get it yet. And I just about made a gesture with my hand, and he got it. “The kiss?” he guessed. And I nodded my head.

“Oh God! You made me feel really guilty,” he replied.

“You are suppose to be, but just like I said before. Don’t remind me! So I don’t need to count it in,” I said.

“Okay,” he nodded. “So we can be friends now?” he asked. “At least it will make me feel better, and that’s the way you can forgive me,” he added.

“Okay,” I replied.

He smiled, seemed he really felt relief. “Good, so what’s your name again?” he asked me.
“Joanna,”

“Devin, Devin Oliver,” he opened his hand, and we were shaking hand. Then suddenly my brother came, bringing some drink for us.

“So, you guys are cool, huh?” he asked us, handing me and Devin the orange juice. And I only nodded my head.

“Yeah I guess we are,” Devin replied, then he drank his juice.

“Good then,” my brother still stood up when drinking his juice.

“Excuse me, but I was wondering…” he said, “you just cried, didn’t you?” he continued his sentence, asking me.

“Yeah she was crying,” my brother answered.

“So my eyes really shows like I finished cry?” I asked my brother. My brother nodded his head.

“Is it because of me?” Devin asked, with his innocent face.

My brother laughed, “Oh man, you are just too confident. Why do you think she would cry for you?” It made me laugh as well.

“No, I was watching, a series movie actually,” I answered quickly.

“Supernatural actually,” my brother added. My stupid brother just told him I cried because I watched Supernatural. He might think that I am weird.

“Are you sure?” he asked. His face like having a doubt.

“Yeah,” my brother did it again. He humiliated me. And he just laughed so hard. And it made Devin Oliver laughed as well.

“Okay you guys stop!!” I said and punched my brother, Devin ‘stupid’ Ingelido. And I left them both, back to continue watch DVD.

“Don’t get mad, dear! I just laughed, I don’t kiss you when I get drunk like that kid did to you, right?” my brother said, still laughing. And Devin felt offended.

“I said sorry,” Devin Oliver responded.

“I was kidding, man!” my brother replied. He chuckled. “Wanna join us watch DVD?” my brother asked Devin Oliver to join us.

“Sounds cool,” he said. Devin Oliver and Devin Ingelido, my brother, walked in and joined me that was watching my favorite series movie.

And three of us watched DVD until lunch time almost to come. Because my brother, Davin Ingelido, kept saying that he is hungry. Since Devin Oliver was here, I didn’t want to cook. Because it might taste not so good. So we went to a fast food restaurant, with Devin Oliver’s car. He still felt bad for what he has done, that was why he drove us to the restaurant and he was going to treat us. My brother seemed so happy.

In the restaurant, My brother, Devin Oliver and I, were sitting. And we ordered some foods. When we were waiting, suddenly Andrew Oliver came.

“Hey, you guys here!” Andy said, with a cheerful voice.

“Andrew??! What a coincidence!” I replied.

“Yeah, man! What are you doing here?” Devin Oliver, his brother, asked.

“I was waiting for you in the house, then you just took it too long. And I am still a human being, I get starving,” he explained.

I and my brother was chuckling, and so was Devin.

“Sorry, man! I .. um .. made friends and we .. were having our time as friends?!” Devin Oliver said, explaining to Andrew.

“I get it, that’s okay!” Andrew replied. “so, may I join you guys? You know I don’t want to sit alone,”

“Oh yes, please,” I said. And he took a seat, in front of me. He smiled. It made me smile.
Andrew, Devin Oliver, my brother and I, had our lunch in the fast food restaurant. And most of the time, my brother always tell a joke. It made Andrew and Devin laugh. And we were getting closer, like close friends. It was really good. And I started to think that Andrew is cute and Devin is cool.

After we had our lunch, I and my brother decided to go home, Andrew and Devin Oliver decided to go to music studio. They had band practice to do. But since Devin was the one who drove us to the restaurant, he also supposed to drive us to home. Because my brother didn’t bring his car. And yeah Devin drove my brother to home and since Andrew also brought his car, and he was going to drive to our home, and he said it’s not really fun to drive alone with no one to talk to, so my brother decided that one of us should be with Andrew. And I said I am with Andrew. And my brother was okay with that. So Andrew drove me home and Devin Oliver drove Devin Ingelido home.

During my time with Andrew Oliver, I talked about how funny was it to have a friend that has the same name with your brother. And how it kinda made me confused because when I call one of them, both of them will respond it. And I and Andrew laughed. And we were wondering how awkward they could be, because they were in the same car, and when they talking to each other and they say like ‘How about you, Devin?’, it would be like they talk to theirselves. And we laughed so hard. Yeah we did. I thought that Andrew is friendly. And we had a really nice conversation. I wished he’d think like the way I think.

Finally, Andrew and I arrived. And we saw that Devin Oliver and my brother arrived first. When I wanted to get out of Andrew’s car, he opened the door for me. It was nice of him. And before I get in to house, Andrew asked my cellphone number. So I gave him my number. And said thanks and he and Devin Oliver left.

“Ready to mingle, huh?” my brother asked, raising his eyebrow.

“I don’t know, he just asked my number phone, so I gave him,” I replied, not really care with my brother would think. I just smirked.

“Oh yeah, last night the younger brother kissed you and today the older brother asked for your number. Very nice! My sister is gonna be a playgirl,”

“Oh shut up, Dev! Don’t you know that Devin has a girlfriend?” I said.

“Really?”

“Yeah, a girl named Brittany. In that party, I met her. She is so pretty and Andrew said to her like ‘my brother is not over you yet’. Yeah like that,” I explained. And I went upstairs, straight to my room. And I heard that my brother, Devin, still asked me with his loud voice about Devin. But I just didn’t really heard him and I didn’t care.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote that long lame chapter. Still hoping you guys will enjoy it. Subscribe and comment would be great =)