Between You and Me

Chapter 5

Devin’s POV

Andy asked for Jo’s phone number? Does that mean he likes Joanna?

“Andy, do you like her or something?” I asked when he walked closer to his car.

“I don’t know. I think she’s a good girl,” he replied. Suddenly he rolled his eyes, “Are you… jealous??” he asked me back. Surprising question.

“Whatt? Why do you think I am?” I surprised, I answered his question in nervous. Do I like her? I do not know.

“Just guessing.” He glanced at me, and he get into the car, so did I. And we left Jo’s house. We went to Jeff’s house, where we will practice.

When we were practicing, I didn’t do it right. I missed spelling, forgot the lyrics and more. I was completely not focus at all.

“Dev, are you okay?” Jeff asked me, he realized something was wrong with me.

“I am good, man! Maybe just tired,” I replied.

“Breaakk!!!” Brent said. Then he clapped my shoulder.

“Should I call umm.. Britnany?” Andy asked.

“No, please!” I replied. Bring Brittany to me will never good idea. I want to over her, but she's still on my mind.

“I need fresh air,” I said as leaving the practice room. I went outside, to backyard of Jeff’s house. Then I sat on the small red chair. I didn’t know what’s wrong with me, what did make me so not focus

Normal POV

Next day, I was walking down the corridor suddenly someone shouted my name.
“JOANNAA!!”

“Noah! No need to shout!” I said to Noah. Noah is best friend. I met her when we were junior. We were in the same class.

“Whoops, .. sorry?” she said. “So, what’s up?” she added.

“I’m fine, but things were going unusual lately, how about you?” I said as I walked down the corridor with Noah. I was bringing my books. Heavy!

“Nothing special with me. HA. So what happened?” she asked me back.

“I will tell you, but not now. This is kinda secret for me,”

“Okay, but you have to tell me! Promise?” Noah said.

“Yes, babe! Promise!” I said and yeah we arrived in the class.We took a seat in the second row. We were studying literature things, which I never understand. The teacher is Mrs. Elly Munoz. She got very beautiful voice, which makes me sleepy when I heard her voice.

Bell rang. Class over. And Mrs. Munoz gave the students homework. Make a poem. And I and Noah went to the canteen. We were gonna have lunch.

“Mrs. Munoz’s class was boring! I didn’t even pay any attention and now I have to write poem? Was she joking?” I said in angry tone.

“Chill down, Jo!” Noah laughed as she put her arm around my shoulder.

“But I can’t make a poem, Noah!” I said, shrunk my forehead.

“Oh, dear! Make a poem is easy! Just write down all your feeling on a sheet of paper.” She told me. Yeah she was very good in literature.

“umm.. okay I’ll try! But not now,” I said as smiled.

“That’s my best-pal!!” she said and hugged me.

“Never stop to try. Never try to stop!!!” we said it together and laughed. Girls time.

“So tell me!!!” she asked me, again.

“Okay okay.. listen it carefully! I am gonna whisper!”

“I’m all ears!” she said.

“Have you heard band called I See Stars?” I asked her, tried to tell her the whole story.

“Umm, yes! I heard the lead singer is hot!” she said.

“You know the lead singer of I See Stars? I met him in the party 2 days ago when I came there with my brother,”

“You did?”

“Yes! And he was drunk! And ..” I stopped. “he kissed me.” I whispered.

“WHAAATTTT??? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS??” she was very surprised.

“Easy, Noah!!”

“NOO WAY! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” she said once again.

“Me neither. But calm down! Or I won’t tell you more,”

“Okay, sorry! You know, it was just .. okay I don’t know how to explain,” she said.

“Listen, he did it because he was drunk. And I didn’t do it back to him. Got it? So calm down,” I explained to her.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I even cried.” I said.

“You did?” she laughed.

“Don’t laugh, Please?” I said and she stopped laughing as said sorry. And then I continued tell her about that things. I told her that I met Andrew Oliver, and how Devin Oliver came to my house to apologize.

“That was sooo funny,” she didn’t stop laugh.

“I didn’t find it was funny,” I stared at her.

“But for me, it was,” she said. And our lunch was over. I and Noah went back to the next class.

After school, I and Noah went to my house. And when we home, I found Devin in our living room. It really surprised me.

“Devin?” I said when I saw him sitting on my mom favorite sofa.

“Hi, Anna,” he said as he smiled. He acted awkwardly, like nervous or something.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. I never really liked to see him around. He still freaked me our, somehow.

“I was practicing with my band, and when we break, I thought I am gonna visit Mr. Ingelido. Can’t I?”

“That’s fine,” I asked him again, and Noah was pulling my shirt. I guess I know what she wants. “Oh yeah, sorry! Devin this is Noah, my best friend. And Noah this is Devin,” I introduced Noah to Devin. And I left them, so they could do some chit chat. I went upstairs through my bed room. I went inside to find Devin, and I found him in the kitchen.

“Devin, what Oliver doing here?” I asked him, and I did surprised him.

“Whoa, Jo! You surprised me!” he stood up, grabbed his orange juice off the counter.

“Sorry. But saw Devin Oliver in our living room was more surprised me.” I said. “What is he doing here?”

“Don’t be rude, Jo! He’s just visiting me, us. That’s it!” my brother said with a little emotion in her tone.

“But .. “ I stopped, as stared at my brother, Devin Ingelido.

“Is it because the thing that happened between you and him that night?” he asked me as walked up to me.

“… yes”

He hugged me, “It was accident, dear! Forget it!” he said. “Instead, you should be friend with him. Because you keep thinking bad about him,” Devin said softly.

“But it still freaks me out sometime to see him.”

“then you should hang with him more often so you can figure it out by yourself that he is not a bad person! You don’t even know him but you judge him, that’s unfair!” my brother said.

He was right. I didn’t even know him, I should have get to know him before I could judge him.

“Maybe you are right! It was so unfair to judge person we barely knew.” I said, as hugged Devin Ingelido tightly.

“That is my pretty sister,” he said as kissed me on the forehead.

Someone was seeing my brother kissed me without we knowing, “Sweeeet moment between brother and sister..” she said.

“Noah!!” I said, a bit loud.

“Sorry, “ she smiled. “well I was looking for you, Anna! My mom just called me, she need my help, so I should go home like right now!”

“Is your mom alright?”

“Yes, I guess.”

“Should I come with you?” I offered her myself.

“Nah, I’ll be fine. Kay, see you Jo’s brother! Bye Jo!” Noah said.

“See you, Noah.” My brother and I said at the same time. Then Noah left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy it.

Joanna's outfit : http://www.polyvore.com/daily/set?id=25365698