***in' Perfect

Perfect?

Zack POV-

I don't even know how I made it through the show. I didn't party with the guys afterward. I just went upstairs to lay in bed with Lexi. "Zack, don't," she said, pushing me off of her. "Lex, I just want to be here for you. You can't tell me you're not upset over this," I replied. "I don't know what I feel. You know I never wanted kids. Am I happy I miscarried? No, but I wasn't ready to be a mom, either. I just...I want to forget about it. I want you to enjoy your birthday. Let me get dressed and we'll go downstairs," she answered. She rolled out of bed and disappeared into the bathroom. I walked out into the living room of the hotel suite and sat on the couch next to Alli.

"Hey," she said. "Hey," I replied, dropping my head into my hands. Alli rubbed my back. "It's gonna be okay," she said. "I wish I could believe you. Things have been so fucked up this past year, Alli. We lost Jimmy, now all this. Yeah, there was some good shit in between but if I could...I'd go back and do so much shit over. Fuck. Lexi wants to pretend the whole pregnancy never happened. You left me...what am I doing wrong?" I asked. "Nothing. Nothing at all, Zack. You're perfect," Alli replied. "Perfect? Does every girl leave a perfect guy?" I replied. Alli looked hurt. "I'm sorry. I'm just...stressed. I'm sorry, Al," I said, reaching to hug her. "Don't," she said, snatching away. She walked to her bedroom and shut the door. Great. Now I'd fucked up with her. "You ready to go?" Lexi said from behind me. I nodded and stood up, taking her by the hand. The last thing I remember after walking out of that hotel room was a bottle of Jack before everything faded to black. Happy fucking birthday to me.

Alli POV-

I helped Lexi put Zack to bed when they came in. He was piss drunk and passed out. I wished him a happy birthday once more before kissing his cheek and leaving Lexi and him alone to sleep the night off. "Hey Al..." Lex said before I shut the door. "Yeah?" I replied. "He felt really bad about whatever happened between you two earlier. Said he didn't blame you for leaving him," she told me. I nodded, tears filling my eyes and shut the door. My phone vibrated in my back pocket. "Go to sleep," the text said. I smiled and wiped my eyes. "I wish I could," I answered. "Did you give any more thought to what we talked about earlier?" Craig asked. "I did..." I said. "And?" he asked. "I'll see you tonight," I replied. I pulled my jeans off and climbed into bed. It was nearly 5 AM and wake-up was at noon. "Goodnight beautiful. See you later.<3" Craig's reply came just as my eyes started falling shut.

Lexi POV-

After a rushed check-out, a late lunch, and a short flight, we were back in SoCal. Alli was acting odd, I was sore, and Zack was still partially drunk from the night before. "You okay?" I asked Alli. "Yeah," she replied, turning right at a light. "Al, this isn't the way home," Zack said. "I know. I'm...I'm not going home," she said. "What?" I replied. "I'm gonna stay with Craig for a few days," she answered. "You're going to stay with him?!"