***in' Perfect

We're Gonna Be Fine

Lexi POV-

"We need to talk," Zack said, breaking the silence that was between us. "I know. I've been thinking the same thing since we got home," I replied. "It's about the miscarriage," Zack said. "Yeah...I think I gave you the wrong impression...made you think I don't care. It's not that I don't care, Z...I just...I'm relieved. I wasn't ready to be a mom...and I guess my body wasn't ready to handle it, either. Mentally, emotionally, physically...I wasn't ready to have those kids. I love you...and maybe one day we can try again...but not right now," I said. Tears had filled my eyes and spilled over my lashes, which Zack brushed away with his thumbs. "I know you weren't ready. It's okay. I just...I can't help but be a little sad about this. I want you to be happy. I want us to be happy. And I don't think that right now is the best time for us to have a kid...much less two of them. Maybe this was for the best," he replied. "Really?" I asked. Zack nodded and kissed my lips. "It's gonna be okay. We're gonna be fine," he said.

Zack and I had a lot to work on. I'd never had him all to myself. He was always mine to share, but since Alli left him, we had to work on a personal relationship. It wasn't going to be easy, I knew that much, but god damn it, it was going to work out. I loved him and I sure as hell didn't plan on letting him go. "So are you feeling up to going somewhere?" Zack asked a few minutes later. "Sure...where?" I replied. "Just come on," he answered, taking me by the hand. We got in the car and despite my badgering, he never gave in and answered me. Instead, he just drove to Anaheim and parked behind the House Of Blues. "Zack, what are you doing?" I asked. He smiled and knocked on the back door. "You'll see," he replied. "Hey brother," a smooth voice said. I knew that voice. My heart skipped a beat as I looked up and my eyes met his. William mother fucking Francis.