***in' Perfect

What About Belle?

Zack POV-

"I need to talk to you," Alli said, pulling me by the arm out into the hallway. "Okay?" I replied. "Craig asked me to go on tour with him," Alli said. "Okay? Go. I don't care," I told her. "This is such a big deal. Going on tour with him? And you're about to go on tour, too. Who's gonna take care of VU?" she asked. "Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it," I told her. "So you don't care if I go with him..." Alli said. "Al...go. Have fun," I answered. It was hard to hide the fact that I was a little hurt that she'd just abandon her responsibilities at home to go on tour with her new boyfriend. "Zack...what about Belle?" she said. Belle...our daughter. I hadn't even thought of her. She had been with my mom for the past week and we were supposed to get her back tomorrow...but which one of us was going to get her? Alli was staying in LA with Craig...so was I getting her? Separated parenting was harder than I thought it would be. "I think there's a lot of discussing we need to do about her. Who's getting her from my mom tomorrow? Who's taking her on tour? Shit. I didn't know this would be so fucking hard," I said, leaning against the wall.

"Neither did I, Zack. Shit. I'm so fucking sorry," Alli said, her eyes filled with tears. "Oh God. Don't cry. Please," I said, reaching for her hand. She pulled away and wiped her own tears away. "I'll get her from your mom tomorrow...unless you want to...and I can take her with me on tour...unless you want her with you," she said. "I think it might be best if you take her with you, Al...honestly," I answered. She nodded and crossed her arms over her chest. "Okay. I'll bring her by to see you tomorrow after I pick her up from your mom's," she told me before walking back into the green room with everyone else.

Good job, Zack, I said to myself before heading back in myself. I sat on the couch with Lexi and Nicholas, trying to keep my mind off of the situation with Alli. I never planned on us being this way. I thought I'd be with both girls for a really long time...especially after Belle came along, but I was very wrong, clearly. In just a few short minutes, I'd seen how happy Alli was with Craig, and as much as it hurt to admit, she was happier than I'd ever seen her.