Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

No Answer

The smell of coffee brought me from a soft sleep. I let my eyes adjust to the light as I sat up in bed. Posters coated the white walls of the room and I knew I was lying in Devin’s bed. I sat up, stretching in the process. I looked to my side, smiling at the large cup on the small dresser.

I grabbed the sheet, covering my bare body with it as I cupped the mug in my hands. A childish smirk plastered itself against my lips as I thought back on last night. Devin and I had slept together for the first time and I could only describe it as magical. He was so gentle, but knew how to please me.

I sipped at the caffeinated drink, enjoying the taste of a light and sweet drink. I looked up as footsteps echoed in the hall. Devin stepped through, jeans hugging his body loosely. He smiled wildly before pressing a kiss on my forehead. He was still damp from his morning shower.

“How’d you sleep?”He sat down beside me.

“Wonderful.”I leaned forward, stealing a gentle kiss from him.”Thankyou for the coffee.”

“No problem, babe.”He reached for a t-shirt and pulled it over his head.

“I need a shower.”I frowned.

“I know.”He chuckled quietly.”You smell like sex.”

I chuckled softly as I brushed my hair from my eyes.

“Thanks.”I smiled.

“Shower here.”He insisted.”I’ll bring you home after so you can change and all.”

“Sounds good.”I looked down, wondering how I could get into the bathroom without his mom realizing what went on during the night.

“Here,”He tossed over my bathing suit and shorts with a smile.”get changed.”

He winked in my direction before leaving the room. I slipped on the small clothes before scampering my way to the bathroom. I showered quickly, pulling the bathing suit and shorts over my soft legs. I stepped out, shaking my wet hair from the towel.

I pulled it back in a loose ponytail and walked my way downstairs. The smell of bacon filled my nose and my stomach began to growl. I licked my lips as I stepped in, finding a plate of eggs and bacon on the counter. I looked up at Ms. Thatcher, smiling warmly in her direction.

“How was your night?”She snickered softly to herself, forcing a dark shade of blush to creep onto my cheeks.

“Cozy.”I stated quietly.

“Put some food on the table for you hon.”She said nicely.”Eat whatever you want. There’s more than enough.”

“Thankyou.”I sat at the table as Devin walced into the room.

After breakfast, Devin grabbed his keys. We walked out to his car and I snickered quietly. He looked over, arching his eyebrows in the process.

“What’s so funny?”He asked.

“Your mom totally knows we had sex last night.”I began to laugh as he opened my door.

“Don’t even tell me that. Get in.”He grinned.

The drive was loud and eventful, but ended too soon for my liking. As he pulled up to my house, I leaned over, kissing him passionately on the lips. I smiled halfway through, chuckling as I pulled away. Devin snuck his finger in between the string on my top and pulled me closer.

He stole another kiss before he whispered, “I love you, Hillari.”

“Love you too, Dev.”I said quietly.”I’ll see you later.”

I climbed out of the car, trailing slowly to the front door. The door was open; the screen was the only thing keeping the bugs out. I waved him off before stepping into the house. I looked around before finding my parents talking in the backyard. I walked over, peeking my head out the open doors.

They slaved over the grill, smoking and talking happily amongst themselves. They smiled warmly as my dad flipped burgers and dogs over the grill. He flicked his cigarette before sticking it between his lips; “Hey sug.”

“What are you guys doing?”My mom looked from the stereo to me.

“Getting ready for a barbeque.”She said.”Anyone you wanna invite?”

A smile crawled it’s way across my face at the thought of Devin. I stepped outside, lighting a cigarette aswell. I inhaled deeply before a thought processed through my mind. What if I invite Jimmy? Would it be too soon?

“I’ll be right back.”I trailed back inside and went straight to my bedroom.

I pulled out my phone, dialing Devin’s number quickly. It was only a few rings before he picked up.

“Miss me already?”He chuckled.

“You wish.”I smirked.”Barbeque, my house, one hour. Bring your momma.”

“Wait,”He began.”say that again?”

I slapped my hand to my forehead, sighing quietly. Sometimes he was a little too slow for me.

“My house,”I said slowly.”one hour. Bring, your, mother.”

“Got it. See you then!”I froze; should I ask his opinion on inviting Jimmy?

“Wait!”I choked on my breath at the thought.

“What’s the matter?”He asked.

“I need your advice.”I said softly.

“Uhm,”He thought.”you’re not fat. You should wear your shorts and tank top,”

“Shutup,”I giggled softly.”it’s actually important.”

“Shoot.”He said.

“I need your opinion, alright?”I said.

I chewed on my bottom lip and inhaled on my dying cigarette. Yeah, I was nervous. I only met him once, but what’s better than inviting someone to a cook out to get to know them?

“Should I invite Jimmy?”I breathed.

Devin stayed silent on the other end; he was most likely thinking it over aswell. It was a hard question to answer. You had your ups and downs to it. He could come and we could have fun; he could come and it could be the most awkward thing in the world. Yet, we got along so well on the beach.

“You know what I think?”He said.

“Please, be serious.”I pleaded.

“I think you should do it.”He stated calmly.”You guys got along well on the beach, so why not go to a cook out?”

“Well, it’s inviting him to my home.”I frowned.

“Yeah, that’s true.”He said.”Tell him to bring a friend.”

“I’ll give it a shot.”I smiled.”Thanks, Dev.”

“No problem. I’ll see you in,”He stopped for a moment.”about forty five minutes. You wasted precious time, Hillari! Now I’ll never be ready on time!”

He scoffed into the phone, forcing me to laugh loudly. With final goodbyes, I hung up and killed off the rest of my cigarette. I flipped my phone between my fingers before building enough courage to call Jimmy. It seemed like I held my breath as I brought my ringing phone to my ear.

I waited, but it slowly went straight to his voice mail. With an arch of my eyebrows, I looked down at my phone with a questioning glance. He was most likely busy. I would wait about fifteen minutes before trying back. The time ticked by slowly, but it eventually came.

I tried once more, but I only received the same thing. I hung up and scrolled down my contacts, stopping at Matt’s name. I debated on calling him and figured it wouldn’t hurt. He may have forgotten his phone, it could have died; it could be a number of things. I pressed send and waited to hear his raspy voice.

“Hello?”I almost choked when I heard him.

“Hey, Matt. It’s Hillari.”I said softly.

“How are you?”I could almost hear the smile come to his lips.

“I’m fine. I actually called cause I couldn’t get in touch with Jimmy.”I said.

“Oh, I see. Not calling to see how things are going,”He chuckled.

“Well, that too.”I whispered quietly.

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m sure Jimbo's busy showering or something. I’ll tell him you called, alright?”He said.

“Alright, thank you.”We hung up and I breathed in deep.

With a sigh, I tried his phone once more. It was going on twenty minutes, but still no answer. I brushed back my damp hair before letting my head drop. Maybe he pretended the beach was a good time? Maybe he just used it as an excuse to see me again, but doesn’t want to.

My eyes welled up slightly at the thought of scaring Jimmy off. I wiped my eyes and shook my head. There was no way he would do that to me; he got in touch with me for a reason. He couldn’t have done it if he didn’t want to get to know me. Maybe somebody said something to him?

I walked out of my room, trying to force a smile on my lips. Devin would be coming over within the hour, along with many others, and I would be able to have a good time. I never thought that he could also be at work. It is, after all, what normal people do.

He had enough time to call me back; we still had an hour. I was just hoping he wouldn’t forget. I really wanted him to come. Maybe he would bring one of his friends. I would love to meet at least one of them for now. I stopped before the door and pressed a smile to my lips. I had to be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image

Image

Banner one by Neche. Banner two by hachie. Banner three by P.L.K.A.F.. Thankyou guys so much! :)

Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867
VengeanceRevSyn6661
cobra9874
katebug
BringMeNirvana
AcidTripInDisneyland
Xxamericanxxidiotxx
TuckYou
OMGfun111
HelloFascination
avenging angel

Thankyou subscribers :D