Raining Droplets.

Excited.

“Are you ok?”

Kellen looked at me as I reached over and took his shaking hands into my own. I noticed over the last ten minutes that his hands were shaking slightly and as far as I could tell it can’t be from something like nerves. We were at Brayden’s parent’s house and even though it’s been a while since me and him have been here, he was the one that really wanted to get out of our house.

“I’m good, my hands just keep shaking.” He muttered looking down at our hands.
“You’re not-“ I swallowed thickly. “Going to have a seizure or something?”
“No, I don’t think so.” He said shaking his head. “I feel fine, normally before I have one I feel weird, like if nothing makes sense and everything around me is spinning.”

I nodded softly and ran my thumbs over his knuckles gently. I looked up at the half packed car and then over to the house. I could see Joyce – Brayden’s mum – walking around through the kitchen window, probably making sure Brayden had everything he wanted to take or cooking.

Though Kellen just said he was fine, should I take him home?

“Do you want to go home?” I asked looking back at him.

He shook his head and I stared into his eyes. When I saw that his stare wasn’t out of focus or anything like that, I nodded dropping his hands. He turned and walked slowly back into the house with me following close on his heels. He headed off into the living room where Brayden’s dad; Stephan, was watching some movie. It sounded like Ice Age but I didn’t pay much attention.

I stopped at the kitchen doorway and poked my head around the corner. Like usual Joyce somehow had eyes in the back of her head and turned smiling at me.

“Can you keep a close eye on Kellen for me?” I asked lightly so only she could hear me.
“Of course.” She smiled kindly.

I smiled back and made my way down the hallway towards Brayden’s old room. I bit down on my lip softly as worry flooded my chest. Is Kellen really going to be ok? Should I actually take him home or something? I never really noticed his hands doing that before, but then again he a times had them balled into fists for some reason. Maybe it happened often and he tries to hide it?

I frowned slightly walking into the bedroom to find Brayden sitting on the edge of his bed looking through a container of bits and pieces. I sat down on his lap gently and pulled one arm around my waist leaning against him as he placed the container down. He slipped his hand just under the edge of my shirt and ran his fingertips over the exposed skin.

“What’s wrong, you were so happy before.”
“I noticed Kellen’s hands were shaking, he doesn’t know why but doesn’t feel like he’s going to have a fit.” I sighed.
“He’s ok though, right?”
“I think so; I asked your mum too keep a close eye on him. Do you think it could be to do with his fits?” I asked lightly.

Normally when I have questions like that I try to find out myself first before asking, but today was meant to be a happy day because Brayden is moving in so I want to get if off of my chest. Was it bad that for once I wanted to push all that to the back of head and not worry about my uncle – even for five minutes?

“I think...maybe. Well, he shakes when having the seizures so it might have to do with it. Not like an actual fit but is, like happening from the same thing.” He stumbled over his words a bit but it made sense. “If he said that be feels fine at the moment, then he must be.”

He didn’t sound so sure and sounded more like he was trying to convince himself, but I nodded and shoved the worry to the back of my head. If something did happen he’d set off his necklace or warn Stephan and Joyce. There are four of us to look after him so there is no way anything really bad was going to happen to him. I hope.

I sighed lightly and shook my head sliding off of his lap.

“We better get the rest of this stuff packed.”
“Not much left, just clothes really.” Brayden murmured while standing up. “Is it bad that I’m so excited about all of this, leaving home and all?”
“Not at all.” I grinned.

He beamed back at me with his eyes lighting up like a kid on Christmas.

+.+.+

Lifting the last bag into the boot of the car, I sighed slamming the cover down and made sure it locked properly. I pulled the keys out the lock and headed over where everyone was standing by the front door talking. As I stood next to Kellen, he passed me a container of mix cookies Joyce had made us with shaky hands.

I looked at him worried and slid my hand into his squeezing lightly. I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye; it made me feel better though his hand still shook slightly.

“So have you got all the stuff you want?” Joyce asked.
“Pretty much.” Brayden smiled. “If I need anything I’ll just come over and get it, I have what clothes I wear; the rest can go to the OP shop or whatever.”
“I think your cousin might fit into them, I’ll have to check though.” Joyce said thoughtfully.

Brayden nodded and looked at me smiling. I smiled back then looked at his parents who both smiled as they saw their son take the box of cookies from me to be able to take hold of that hand and link our fingers together.

Even now, I still remember the day that Brayden told them that we’re more than just friends, a month after we became official. They were shocked to say the least and not exactly happy about it – hearing that from out of nowhere it was understandable. Neither of them had anything against two males being together luckily, but they didn’t really expect their son to be gay and in love with his best mate. To be honest I probably would have reacted the same if I were them.

It took a while – a few months - but they got used to the idea of us being together. Brayden said it was because they saw how happy we are together and how happy I made him. Kellen said something about how in love we are, like he always likes to point out. I will always be grateful for them being able to accept us and be happy for us, even his siblings – it means more than they would ever know to Brayden and me.

Their somewhat a second family to me in a way, I guess I could say now.

“If you need us for anything just call alright, Kellen?” Stephan offered suddenly. “Keep us in check of how you’re doing too.”
“I will.” Kellen nodded. “I see the specialist in a month, hopefully then I’ll get answers about all of this.” He frowned.
“I hope you do too. I’m still shocked they haven’t already.” Joyce pointed out.

I looked away from them out at the street. I really didn’t want to hear about that again, at least not right now. I don’t want to be reminded; today is meant to be a happy day and another huge step in our relationship. I felt Brayden squeeze my hand after a moment.

“We better get going.” He pointed out. “I wanna get some of this stuff unpacked today. Thank you for the cookies mum!”
“You’re welcome, when the container is empty bring it back and I might bake something else to put in it.” She laughed.

Joyce gave us all a soft hug and a light kiss on the cheek as Stephan smiled. Brayden let my hand go to hug his dad and I led Kellen over to the car before getting into the driver’s seat. He had a little bit of trouble clicking the seat belt in so I reached over and did it for him.

“Thanks.”
“Are you still feeling ok?” I asked looking at him right in the eyes again.

He nodded but didn’t break our eye lock. I know that he knew what I was looking for and I could see that he was a little worried of what I would find. I heard Brayden getting into the backseat.

“I feel fine; nothing is confusing or feels weird.”
“Your eyes are completely focused.” I said softly before breaking our gaze to start the car.
“Does it happen often?” Brayden asked unsurely.
“Every now and then.” Kellen muttered making me look back at him. “This is the second time it’s been bad enough that I can’t pick up things, doctor said it had to do with the fits. Some brain signals or something.”

Frowning, slowly I turned the car around driving over Stephan’s front lawn so I wouldn’t have to back out from the driveway. Everyone that came here did that so I knew it would be no problem, most of the front yard was all lawn anyway. When the road was clear I pulled out and headed straight for home – four blocks away.

I wanted to ask why Kellen never told me of that before...but I didn’t. I stayed silent because I think I know why he did; he didn’t want to worry me more that he already was. I don’t know if that was a good thing or not for me not to find out until now.

Once I was parked at our house and the front door was unlocked I made sure that Kellen sat resting on the couch as me and Brayden went right into carrying everything inside. When you really look at it all, it wasn’t much; bag of clothes, a couple of boxes of books, photo album, stereo, CDs, DVDs and so on. I never realised until now how much of his things were already here. Seeing all of this made me happy though, because he was really going to be living here and I get to wake up to him every morning and fall asleep next to him every night.

Just something simple as that made me feel so much better with everything that’s been going on, because it’s with Brayden. He makes everything better for me just by being in the same room and I just hope that I do the same for him.

I walked into our room with one of the boxes in my arms and like earlier today found him sitting on the edge of the bed, but this time opening a box he had brought in. I smiled and put the box down in the corner, with the rest to be sorted out later. Spinning on my heal I leap onto the bed making him bounce up high with a yelp.

I laughed and dragged him up so he was standing on the bed with me jumping lightly.

“Why are we jumping on the bed?” He asked curious.
“Because I’m excited.” I grinned.

I’ve been waiting all day to do something that showed how excited I was, other than jumping his bones of course. Brayden laughed and jumped a little higher making the bed squeaked dangerously.

“Either keep in PG rated or buy a new bed!” Kellen yelled echoed though the house followed by laughing.

Brayden burst out laughing and almost fell over. I grabbed him by the hips to hold him up. I chuckled and looked at the doorway even though it was empty.

“You dirty old man we’re just jumping on the bed like kids!”
“Just because you get none.” Brayden called giggling lightly.
“I get plenty actually, why do you think I fake all the fits to go to hospital for?” Kellen laughed.

I wanted to frown at the joke on his medical problem, but I just rolled my eyes and laughed lightly. I kind of missed yelling out random things though the house at each other like we used to. At one point me and Kellen almost drove the neighbour nuts, though that was their fault, they were the ones that wanted to sit outside next to the fence closets to our house where the back door was open.

Brayden laughed lightly and wrapped his arms around my neck pulling my body flush against his. He lifted his mouth of my ear.

“He didn’t have such a bad idea though.” He giggled winking as he pulled his mouth away.

I smirked and was about to come back with a smartass comment when an almost ear splitting beeping made me and Brayden freeze in shock. Just as sudden as the noise started I ripped out of his arms and leaped off the bed landing on the ground with a loud thump. As I raced out the room I barely noticed that the beeping was slightly different, it had more of a pause between each noise.

I ran into the living room to see Kellen standing by the couch trying to take the necklace off.

“I’m fine!” He yelled before looking up to see me. “The battery is going dead, can you get it off? I can’t, my hands are shaking too much still.”

My knees wobbled under my weight and I almost fell to the floor relived but I managed to walk over to him. He twisted the chain around so the lock was in front of him. I reached up and got it off quickly as he told Brayden where batteries for it were kept. I sat down on the couch with it beeping in my hands and closed my eyes breathing in deeply to slow my heart rate down.

I felt Kellen’s hand rubbing gently up and down my back. I hate this fucking warning necklace.

“At least it wasn’t one.” He murmured.
“Yeah.” I sighed.

Brayden rushed into the room with a small box and screwdriver. He handed them to me and sat down on my other side resting his head on my shoulder, knowing that would calm me down.

Once something great happens, something else always had to bring my floating heart back down to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it. :)
Once again I worked on this instead of my other story xD

Comment and Subscribe? :D