Raining Droplets.

Understanding.

The rain pattered down on our tin roof in an almost calming way. It was loud but at the same time it wasn’t that loud to be annoying or disturbing; the pitter-patter was like a constant background noise that you liked to hear. It was nice just listening to it lying in bed and it obviously didn’t bother Brayden from his sleeping either, if anything it almost looks like it helps him sleep better.

I watched as eyelids flutter softly and his chest rising and falling gently, with a small smile pulling at my lips. I just love watching him sleep when I get the chance, it was almost as peacefully calming as the rain.

Right now it was a nice combination to keep me relaxed even if I was listening out for the rustling noises Kellen made as he cleaned the living room. I told him not to bother but I gave up before we could even get into an argument over it. I gave up telling him to take it slow and after a moment of watching him, came back to bed.

I have a feeling that Brayden was still sleeping because he stayed awake late last night watching me sleep. I’m sure when I rolled over at one point when I half woke up that I could feel his eyes on me. Instead of asking or looking at him I just let myself fall back to sleep. I probably should have told him to stop watching me and go to sleep though.

I don’t mind him watching me if it’s because he wants to or can’t sleep, but I do mind if it is was because he was worried about me and watching me to make sure I was sleeping alright. He’s been doing that at least once a week since that nightmare, it’s understandable, but I want him to have a decent night’s sleep too. I don’t want to be looking after him as well as Kellen. One right now is more than enough.

I smiled a bit brighter as the rain started coming down a little bit harder, actually tapping on the window now. Without making much movement I reached over for Brayden’s hand picking it up gently in mine and threading our fingers together when he stirred a little. I wonder if he likes walking up to me besides him as much as I like walking up to him next to me.

I should probably ask him one day, but I dunno. What if he thinks it’s a stupid question?

The sound of footsteps heading up the hallway caught my attention and I turned sitting up a little in the bed looking at the open doorway. Kellen walked calmly around the door and placed my phone charger on my desk.

“You have no idea how much shit is in that room.” He muttered quietly walking back out.

I bit my lip so I wouldn’t laugh. Well, I did tell him not to bother.

I felt Brayden’s hand move in mine before he shuffled over trying to curl into my side, which was hard since I was half sitting up. He made almost a whining noise as he pulled his hand from mine and reached blindly for me. I lied down as his arm slid around my waist and crawled on top of me. He buried his head into my neck as I wrapped my arms around him. I ignored the fact his hip bone was sticking into my stomach almost painfully.

“So warm...mine.” He slurred sleepily.

I smiled and held him a little closer. I could feel where the blanket wasn’t covering his skin before was cool to the touch, so I pulled the blanket right up to his shoulders. He yawned against my neck.

“Morning.” I whispered before kissing the top of his head.

He hummed lightly and didn’t move other than his chest rising and falling calmly. For a few minutes I thought he had fallen back to sleep before he yawned again. People don’t yawn in their sleep, right?

“Probably should...get up now.” He mumbled breath hot on my neck.
“You don’t have to.” I whispered.
“I want to, ‘m hungry.”

Without wanting to I let him pull away from me and winced as his hip dug into my stomach harder before he climbed off. Rubbing the area lightly I slid out of bed as Brayden crawled over to the end making the bed more of a mess.

“Can you carry me?” He asked looking at me with almost pleading eyes.
“Only because you asked.” I grinned.

I turned around and let him climb up onto my back wrapping his arms around my neck as I held onto the back of his knees. I walked out of the room and to the living room, careful not to accidently hit the door frame...like last time when I had carried him around the house. I took two steps into the room and stopped.

To be honest it looks like a bomb had hit it.

“Spring cleaning much?” Brayden whispered.
“The Kellen bomb hit it.” I whispered back.

We both started laughing and Kellen’s head snapped up from whipping the shelves with his mobile in one hand. He smiled at us before pressing some buttons on the phone. Brayden slipped off of my back and wondered off into the kitchen, where I head the fridge being opened.

I stepped and weaved my way through all the junk on the floor over to Kellen and peeked over his shoulder at his phone, I couldn’t see anything though.

“Stephan offered to take me to Perth, when I see the specialist.” He said lightly looking at me from the corner of his eye. “I said yes.”
“Oh ok.” I nodded sucking my bottom lip into my mouth and nibbling on the skin. “It’s it just you two going, or?”
“I was thinking us two and Joyce actually. I know both you and Brayden would want to go and everything, I’d like yous to come...but I was also thinking that you both can stay home.” He said trailing down to a whisper.

How did I know he was going to say that?

“Why?” I asked more curious than anything.
“Because we all have enough stress now and we’ll be travelling in a car for about three hours and I know for a fact you will be watching over me like a hawk making sure I’m alright. I appreciate that, but I know you stress and panic a lot. It seriously can’t be good for you.” He sighed turning around to pull me into a tight hug. “I don’t want to be visiting you in hospital.” He whispered voice watery.

I felt my stomach churn from a whole range of sudden emotions and my eyes starting to sting a little. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms back around him. I didn’t hesitate or be shy to press my face into his chest like any upset kid would.

“But you know I’m just going to stress here.” I said though it was muffled from his shirt.
“I know; that’s why Brayden will be here.” He sighed. “He can keep you calm, I know he does.”
“True...” I whispered.

I don’t like that idea though, saying home while he travels to Perth to see the specialist. I want to go and maybe even go into the room with the doctor with him. I want to be there.

But...but if he wants me to stay home, then I should. If I complain, beg and have a fit over not going than that would make the whole situation worse. I’ll be over stressing about him and he’ll be over stressing about me. Something like that could make us both crack over our limits and I can’t do that. I need to be together and strong for him. I don’t care that he thinks I don’t need to be strong for him, he needs that right now. So, that’s what he’s going to get – he needs me and I’m going to be there no matter the cost.

“Well if that’s what you want,” I started, pulling my face from his chest. “Then I’ll stay home. But you know you have to have your phone handy and I will be calling, if not texting you, alright?”
“I figured you would.” He smiled almost sadly. “I’ll make sure to get a bunch of credit on my phone before I go.”
“You better.” I nodded.

I moved my head so it was resting against his chest again. It made me remember of when I was little doing this after a nightmare or a heavy fall from my bike when he would hold me to make me feel better. Things seem so easier back then, less worry I guess.

“Is everything ok?”

I lifted my head from Kellen’s chest to look over his shoulder to see Brayden standing on the other side of the mess holding a piece of toast looking worried. He steeped over some of the junk trying to get to us by the TV cabinet.

“We’re fine, just talking about something.” Kellen said lightly. “Chance can fill you in, I need to get this room done before someone trips over and breaks their neck.”

Kellen tighten his hold slightly before letting me go, turning around facing the shelves again. I quickly rushed over to Brayden and held his arms to help him step over a bunch of badly stacked DVDs and photo frames. He grinned at me and placed a sweet kiss on my cheek. As he did that though he had his toast pretty close to my face so once his lips left my skin I leant forward and took a bite.

He whined loudly and hit my shoulder making me smile. Right now would be a great example of what Kellen meant.

“Now half of my toast is gone.”
“Is not, I hardly got anything.” I shrugged.

He looked at the piece of toast before tearing it in two holding half out for me. I chuckled taking it and pecked his lips as a thank you. Kellen made a soppy ‘awe’ comment that I ignored.

I took Brayden’s hand and pulled him over towards one of the arm chairs that didn’t have anything in it. Before I even got the chance he sat down in it and pulled on my hand almost making me fall into his lap. I sat down gently and ate my bit of toast.

“So, your dad is taking Kellen to Perth and probably your mum too...Kellen wants us to stay home.” I said quietly.

Brayden looked up at me confused while tilting his head to the side.

“Why? Wouldn’t it be better if we go too?”
“Well yeah...but if we do go, you know me, I’ll be watching over him the whole trip not letting him out of my sight and that plus other things will just cause more stress, you know? Kellen doesn’t want that.” I sighed looking down at my lap. “I want to go but, yeah.”

A pair of arms wrapped around me and pulled me into his chest. I pressed my face into his chest like I did with Kellen before and closed my eyes. I don’t really know what to feel about that than wanting to go with Kellen for support.

“Well I guess it’s his choice.” He whispered. “It will be alright, I’ll be here with you and my parents will be with him. If anything does happen I’m sure they can cover it.”

I nodded softly and leaned into him a little more.

“Why does everything have to be so complicated?” I asked after a long moment.

He didn’t answer me and I didn’t expect him too. I sighed and pulled away from him standing up. I walked back over to Kellen and grabbed another duster to help. He smiled at me in thanks as I started on the other set of shelves. I noticed out the corner of my eye, Brayden starting to sort through all the junk on the floor. I’m sure most of it doesn’t even belong in here.

“Thank for understanding.” Kellen said catching my attention.

I half forced a smile and nodded. I understood and respect his decision...but it still doesn’t mean I like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked it :)
Where I live we've been wanting rain for over 2 months and the day after I started writing this, it rained, much like the start of this chapter for about two hours. It was almost scary. o.o

Comment and Subscribe? :D
I'd really like to know what people think of this story so far, it would be really helpful :3