Raining Droplets.

Friendship.

The light, which I guess was coming from my window, was the annoying thing that woke me up from a somewhat peaceful sleep. Groaning annoyed I rolled over, pulling the blankets over my head slightly and reached out for Brayden.

After five minutes of searching I realised he wasn’t there on his side of my bed. Yawning I opened my half crusted eyes and looked around. Other than me the room was empty, which made me frown. I hate waking up alone. I looked around for a note in case he had to go home for something because he normally left one, there wasn’t one anywhere.

Frowning again I dragged myself from my bed and stumbled across my room half asleep still, only wearing my track pants I had fallen asleep in. I lifted up one hand as I left the room to rub my face and then try to flatten my hair which I know already would have been a mess. I don’t think there was a day that my hair didn’t look like a mop.

“Babe?” I croaked out making me clear my throat so I could actually speak. “Brayden?”
“In the kitchen!”

Mumbling a whole bunch of sleepily gibberish to myself I stumbled into the kitchen, only to groan and shield my eyes from the room being so bright. Me and lights or sunshine never got along early in the morning for the first half an hour after I woke up. Normally I would have an odd weird sneezing fit because of it.

I heard Brayden giggle quietly and felt his arms wrapped around me softly. I yawned and moved my head into his chest to block out the light as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I could feel him starting to play with the hair at the back of my neck.

“Good morning.” He chirped.
“Morning love.” I mumbled into his chest.

How he could be so cheerful in the morning I wouldn’t have a flipping clue. I yawned again into his chest. I hate mornings...unless Brayden was the first thing I woke up to then honestly I don’t have a problem with the start of the day.

“Suppose I better get ready.” I muttered.
“For what?”
“To break Kellen out of that hellhole of course.” I sighed starting to move away.

But Brayden’s arms locked around me and I was still to sleepy to bother fighting out of it.

“That’s already taken care of, I already broke him out.” Brayden grinned. “He’s in the lounge room.”
“What?” I asked confused, my brain still half asleep to understand much of that.
“While you were asleep I went and got Kellen from the hospital. I didn’t want to wake you up because I know you didn’t fall asleep until some stupid time in the morning. So I got him for you so you could sleep more.”

I stared at him for a good minute as my brain woke up to fully understand what he said. Brayden laughed nuzzling his head into my neck kissing it. Mornings are so bloody confusing when you didn’t slept well the night before. Or on and off the last two months.

“You could have woken me up Brayden; I could have easily taken a nap later or something.” I sighed.
“But I know you too well; you wouldn’t have taken a nap unless I strapped you to the bed.”

I grunted making him laugh again. Normally it was a good thing he knew me so well but I hated when it bite me back in the ass. He squeezed me tightly before letting go.

“Go and see Kellen, while I’ll make you breakfast.”
“You don’t have to-“

He quickly placed his lips on mine making the words I planned to say disappear. He pulled away and winked knowing that he won. If I didn’t have only just woken up, he wouldn’t have. I pouted looking at him with sad eyes because I knew that would make him kiss me again – which it did. I grinned happily running my tongue over his lips before letting him do the same. I pulled away before he could slide his tongue in my mouth and licked his cheek before half bounding into the lounge room.

I heard him laugh before saying he was going to get me crumpets for breakfast. Chuckling lightly, now fully awake, I turned and spotted uncle Kellen sitting on the couch. Smiling softly I headed over to him.

The light purple bags that were under his eyes was almost gone, his hair was a lot neater, but still slightly messy as always and even from here I could tell that his eyes were clear and focused, much unlike last time I saw them.

He looked away from the TV to smile up at me.

“Good morning.”
“Morning Chance.”
“How are you feeling?” I asked sitting down next to him.

He smiled leaning forwards for a hug. I hugged him back before he let go.

“I’m good, just tired and a little sore.” He nodded. “Like I normally am after an event, I’m a lot better then what I was after the last one.” He smiled.
“That’s good then.” I nodded.

I always found it weird for some reason that seconds before and right after a seizure he was completely fine. The only thing was that he got exhausted after having one, but other than that it was almost like he never was flaying around on the floor unable to control any of his own body.

Then the scary thing to that was the fact he could have one at anytime. He knew when he was going to have one, but he couldn’t always tell me – that’s what I stress about so much. What if he was alone and had one, what if he was holding something like a knife while cooking dinner, what if he hits his head harder that what he has so far, what if his alert necklace didn’t work.

What –fucking- if.

“So a little birdie told me you didn’t sleep well last night.” He stated snapping me from my thoughts, which was probably a good thing.
“Yeah.” I grunted. “My mind would not stop; I ended up watching Brayden sleep for a while which almost made not sleeping worth it.” I smiled softly being fully honest.

I actually kinda hope Brayden heard that.

“You know maybe that’s why I keep having so many fits as of late, you two are just so adorable and I can’t cough up butterflies properly.” He laughed.

I laughed –slightly forced, because of slight embarrassment- shaking my head and nudged his arm. I couldn’t help but smile still after we stopped laughing because getting complements on us being together didn’t happen too often. Normally we were treated like that guy in KFC last night did. I hated how so many people are so closed minded on things they were scared of or couldn’t understand. Though it was more that people didn’t want to understand rather than try to.

I guess that was why I took so long when coming out to my uncle that I was bi and practically in love with my best friend. I was scared about what he would think of me the most out of anyone because he was my family and has been most of my life. I never felt so much relief when I told him and he was fine with it. He even helped me when I wanted to tell Brayden how I felt.

He made me do the cheesiest and crappiest thing ever, but it was worth it. And I would do it again and again if I had to because I had found out that Brayden felt the same that night.

As the memory of that night flickered a sudden weight on my lap completely cut it off and brought me back to reality, once again. I blinked surprised and found that Brayden was sitting happily in my lap. Then just as sudden there was a warm crumpet right in front of my face.

“If you don’t eat it willingly I’ll force feed you.” He chuckled.
“Oh really?”
“Yup, even Kellen will hold you down.”

Kellen chuckled nodding making me pout. Brayden smiled and moved the crumpet closer to my mouth. I leant forward and took a bite, hoping that I didn’t get vegemite that was on the crumpet all over my mouth. The things he does just to look after me.

As I swallowed Brayden moved his mouth to my ear.

“Good thing you’re willing to eat, if I had to force feed you I might have made you do other things that Kellen wouldn’t want to see.” He whispered before pulling away winking.

I laughed and took the piece of food from his hand so I could continue eating it. Maybe I should have made him force feed me. I finished off that piece quickly and ate the other one after he took a bite himself. I smiled and whipped the back of my hand over my mouth to make sure I got nothing there.

Still smiling softly I sat back into the couch and wrapped my arms around Brayden’s waist. He leant back with me and curled up into my chest with his head tucked under my chin. He always reminded me of a cute kid when he did this, which is one of the many things I loved about him.

I tighten my arms around him and Kellen started coughing. I looked over at him a little worried, though I was always worried about him –how could I not? - and raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry the butterflies started coming up.” He smiled cheekily.

I snorted to hide a laugh and I could almost feel that Brayden was confused.

“You’re an idiot.” I muttered bitting back a smile.
“Well that must make you one too as you’re related.” Kellen smirked.

I said nothing back to that as Brayden burst out laughing. I have such a lovely family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy late new years! :D
Hope you liked this chapter, I found it pretty cute to write in a way.

Also I have to thank BisexualAngel for commenting on every chapter so far: so thankyou~! It means alot as this is my first full slash story (:

Comment and Subscribe maybe?