Women of Anarchy: Never Look Back

Not Ready to Make Nice

I slammed the door to my mom’s SUV the following Monday, after my fight with Jax Friday, agitated that nothing had gone right today. I was woken up late, all the hot water was gone, Will needed me to start the washer for his laundry, Dad was having a bad day with his back so Will and I had to help him down the stairs, I had to wait for mom to come home from the store so I could use her car, and the worst part of all we were out of coffee. Almost two hours later here I am three hours late for work. I almost stomped my way across the parking lot of the garage almost. Incoherent mumbles passed through my lips as I cursed everything that had decided to make my day a living hell before it really even started. I kept my head down glaring at the black asphalt through my sunglasses.

“Hey Dixie” Opie’s loud voice boomed as he waved me over into the garage.

“Hey Op” I said in a soft exhausted voice leaning into his broad firm body as he wrapped an arm around me in a hug.

“You ok?”

“Yeah…why wouldn’t I be?” I asked looking up at him from the frame of my glasses as they slid down my nose.

“Jax came to the party Friday about the same time I did. He was pissed and mumbling something about you, before he started downing the whisky like it was going out of style. I knew you two were having dinner that night so I was just wanting to check on you.” He spoke concerned.

“We got into a fight.” I said thoughtlessly running a finger over my split bottom and upper lip.
Opie’s large rough hand gripped my chin softly “He hit you!” He almost yelled.

“Shhh! I don’t need all of Charming knowing my da*n business” I spat hitting him lightly on the chest.

“So he did hit you?” Opie countered.
I sighed running a hand over my face. “Yes Opie. He smacked me in the face. I’m fine. It’s just a split lip. We both know I’ve had worse. Besides we were both yelling. We weren’t thinking straight. The alcohol didn’t help any either.”

“So you’re defending him and forgiving him?”

“No! I just….I don’t know right now ” I said before walking toward the office.

“You’re late.” Were the first words I heard as I closed the door behind me.

“I know Gem. I’m so sorry. Just…..nothing went right this morning. I’m sorry” I mumbled.

“Hmm. We haven’t had that much go on this morning so I’ll let it pass. Don’t let it happen again.”
I nodded and started on my usual stack of paper work. An hour and a half later Gemma had gone to talk to Clay about something and I still had my head buried in papers. Sighing in frustration I rested my head on my hand as I continued to look through the file.

“Sh*t. They weren’t kidding when they said they had you working” a deep voice cut through the comfortable silence.

”Happy!” a smile grew from ear to ear on my face as I walked over to him.

“Hey baby girl” he greeted as he wrapped his thick strong arms around me.

“Da*n. Hap you never told me all the ladies looked this good down here” a deep voice cut threw my happiness. My eyes turned to a tall muscled man with dark hair.

“Not all. Just me.” I smiled playfully as I pulled away from Happy.

“I’m Dixie.”

“Eric”

“Well I gotta go find Tig. I’ll see you later Dix” Happy waved before walking out of the office.

“Ok. Bye Hap.”

“So you’re the famous Dixie Kelly?” Eric spoke leaning against the wall.

“Guess so. Just how famous am I?” I asked with a grin.

“Oh pretty famous in Tacoma. An Original 9’s daughter the only daughter of the Sons. Knows her way around a gun better than most men. Pretty much a legend.” He listed.
I let out a soft laugh “Well know that you know the basics on me. What about you?”
“Uh,….well not much to tell. Born and raised in GA packed up my stuff one day and drove as far away as I could get ended up in Oregon. Got patched in. Now I’m sitting here talking to a pretty lady.”
I blushed and looked down at my hands. ”How long are ya’ll here for?”
He shrugged “As long as it takes to take care of business. A week at least.”
I nodded and we talked a little more getting to know each other. My paperwork completely forgotten.

“Hey Dixie Clay wants to see you for a minute.” Half-sack said pocking his head in the door.

“Alright” I nodded standing up and walking out of the office.
I walked towards Clay who was talking with Gemma quietly. A cigarette hanging from his fingers.

“You wanted to see me Clay” I asked stopping beside him.

“Yep. Now hold still.” He mumbled putting the cigarette in between his lips. He pulled out a bandana and tied it around my eyes.

“Sh*t. Clay what the h*ll are you doing?” I asked clawing at the fabric. He slapped my hands away and placed his hands on my shoulders leading me off somewhere.
We stopped and Clay gave my shoulders a soft squeeze. “This is your welcome home present. It may be a little late, but better late than never right?” he asked fumbling with the knot. My stomach started buzzing with excitement. Once the blindfold was removed I looked ahead of me to see all the guys, except for Jax, standing in front of me with Juice a few steps ahead.
I lifted my head to look back up at clay “You’re giving me Juice?” I asked jokingly. Suddenly an engine was reved quite loudly and the guys moved out of the way as a beautiful red Camaro was driven up to me. My mouth fell open.

“Now which is better Juice or the car?” Clay laughed.
I remained silent as continued to stare in awe as Will climbed out of the driver’s seat a smile on his face.

“It’s a little….” I started walking up to it “gorgeous” I smiled happily running my finger tips over the paint.
I turned and jumped in Clay’s arms. “Thank you thank you thank you!!” I said loudly kissing his cheek.
Clay chuckled as Gemma appeared by his side wrapping her arms around him a small smile playing at her lips as she watched as I went around and thanked each of the guys with a hug and kiss to the cheek.
After I examined my car inside and out. Gemma dragged me back to work. My day had taken a complete turn and now I can’t stop smiling. Finally work was over I filed the papers and looked out the window to see all the guys either working or joking around. I smiled again. Things were slowly getting back to the way I remembered it. That’s when I saw Jax with Tara next to Tara’s old cutlas.

My smile fell along with my heart as they embraced tightly. Gemma appeared beside me and followed my gaze. “Sh*t” she mumbled. I left the office with my purse and jacket hanging on my arm. I slid my sunglasses up my nose as I unlocked my car door and slid inside inhailing the new car scent. A shadow appeared from behind my door and I looked to see Eric. I fake smiled ever so slightly and got out of the car leaning against the door.

“You going to the party Friday?” he asked.

“Kind of have to. I’m bar tending. Why?” I asked.

“Well I was wondering if maybe you would want to go with me?”

“Any time I have that I’m not working I’m all yours.”

“Great!” he exclaimed awkwardly hugging me. I hugged back tightly hoping Jax was watching.
After he walked away I slipped back in my car and remained still my heart still in the pit of my stomach as I saw Gemma storm out of the office and towards Jax pulling him away
I started up the car and honked my goodbye and drove out of the garage parking lot.
Not wanting to go home I drove to the hospital. Parking my car I walked into the lobby and went to the elevator. A mother and daughter were waiting inside as I pressed the button for the floor I needed. I smiled at the little girl who was staring at me curiously holding her Barbie doll. She smiled back but her mother pushed her closer to the opposite wall glaring at me. I sighed knowing the mother’s reason. The leather jacket mostly gave away that I was involved with the Sons and some people didn’t like having an Mc run the town even if the Sons did their best to protect it. My day had gone from bad to good to bad again all in a matter of a few hours. I reached in my bag and turned off my phone as the elevator dinged. I walked out and walked to the where Abel would be. I sat in the rocking chair and watched as Abel slept my mind reeling. Why would I care if Jax hugs Tara? Its not like I love him anymore? Right? Jax and I keeping going round and round from good to bad it seems. But then again you always have a place in your heart for your first love. I still don’t see how those words I said sent Jax into a state of mind to hit me. Had he not hit me we probably could have worked it out and been fine. I wouldn’t be here alone seeing Abel he would be with me. And what about this new guy Eric? He was cute, well mannered, funny, and just a true Southern gentleman, but….. he’s still no Jackson Teller.

“Dixie” my thoughts were interrupted suddenly. I looked up to see a familiar face. “I thought that was you.” She smiled. She was pretty naturally tan skin and darker curly hair.

“Hey Olivia How are you?” I asked smiling slightly, at the old friend from high school.

“I’m good. When did you get home?”

“Oh about a month or so ago. Are you one of Abel’s nurses?” I asked

“No. I’m a nurse in the ER I was here the day they brought Wendy in and they delivered him. I just check up on him and see how he is doing every now and then.”

“That’s sweet of you. So how much longer is he in the incubator?” I asked.

"Not too sure. With him being so young he’ll probably have to stay even longer than the usual recovery period, just to be on the safe side.”

“That might be a good thing. Give Jax more time to prepare.”

“Ha yeah. Abel is a good baby though. I barely ever hear him cry or fuss.” She smiled looking down at the sleeping infant. Suddenly her pager went off.

“Sorry I gotta go. We should do lunch sometime though” she waved as she left the room.
I sighed heavily shifting in the rocking chair bringing one leg over the other and resting my head on my hand with my elbow propped up on the arm of the chair. The thoughts of Tara and Jax swarmed my head again. Why do I always have the worst luck when it comes to things like this? Tears pricked my eyes before flowing down my cheeks. I wiped them away and stared at Abel my thoughts now lost as I saw him wiggle around now awake. I picked up one of the books on the table separating Abel and I and began to read out loud.
Once I finished the book I stood up and left for home.
The rest of the week went by and before I knew it it was Friday. Jax and I still hadn’t spoken a word to each other or even looked at each other for that matter, but Eric had seemed to take his place. We had gotten to know a lot about each other over this one week. We ate lunch together and he would come visit while I was working and keep me company. Whenever Jax was around I made sure to occupy my time with Eric.

I was home now getting ready for the party. After curling my hair and dressing in my vest top and shorts I slipped on my black converse carrying my red heels in my left hand as I walked down stairs and left. Once at the garage I parked as close to the club as possible and walked inside. I put my heels under the bar until the time called for them and helped Bobby with sorting out the empty bottles of alcohol with new ones.

“hey Bobby give me a lift?” I asked finishing my first beer of the night as we set up for the party.

“Sure.” He shrugged bending down and allowing me to sit on his shoulders as I switched out bottles. Soon enough we were ready and Bobby and I were serving drinks. For every two drinks I served I had another beer or two shots of whisky just so I knew I could loosen up a little. You can do the math on about how much I had had. I was laughing having a good time with Bobby and the boys as they sat along the bar. I heard Gemma curse from Clay’s lap. I followed her eyes and felt my heart drop to my stomach and shatter on impact almost dropping my new beer. Jax walked in with Tara on his arm looking out of place as always when around the club. I quickly looked down not wanting anyone to know that Jax and Tara had caught my attention and had this affect on me. I finished my beer and grabbed another wanting to free my mind of the blonde man standing only a few feet away.

I leaned forward, searching for something to keep my mind off of Jax and Tara. Finally I found it amongst the crowd of people. Eric. I watched as he played the last bit of a game of pool with Happy. He threw his head back laughing before taking a sip of his beer. His eyes locked with mine and he winked at me. A blush creeped up from my neck to my cheeks as I adverted my eyes to the worn bar underneath my elbows. What girl doesn’t blush when a guy winks at her? Bobby nudged my shoulder from beside me. I looked up at him.

“Go hang out with Eric. I got the bar covered.” He assured me.

“But-“

“Go” he shoved my shoulders in Eric direction.
I stopped finishing my beer, switching out of my converse for my heels and taking another shot, before walking towards where Eric was sitting on the couch. Crow eaters crawling around begging for just a scrap of attention to which Eric was ignoring.

“Excuse me” I said ,in a harsher tone that I meant to come out, to the young bleach blonde that was trying her best to be in Eric’s lap.

“Is there a problem?” she scoffed.

“Yeah, actually there is. You’re in my seat.”
She opened her mouth to say something but one of the older Crow eaters pulled her away, apparently she was new or stupid one. I sat down beside Eric and draped my bare legs over his jean clad ones. He placed his hand on my knee and the other went around my shoulders.

“Nice of you to join me finally.” He joked, but kept a serious face.

“I’m sorry.” I pouted giving him puppy dog eyes.

Like stone, his face broke from its serious stare and cracked into a smiling face and let out a laugh pulling me closer to him. We sat talking for awhile on the couch, before I stood up.

“Dance with me” I asked.

He chuckled “You’re gonna regret asking me that”

“We’ll see” I grinned taking his black trucker hat off his head and putting it on mine.
We walked out to the open space that was crammed full of people. Eric’s hands held onto my hips as we danced to the music. After five or so songs we went back to the couch.

“I’m going to get a beer you want one?” I asked out of breath.

“No, babe. I’m good”
I nodded and walked back to the bar.

“Hey baby. Why don’t you dance with me huh?” a scrawny boy wearing a light blue polo with a surfer boy haircut spoke blocking my way to the bar plastic cup in his hand.

“No thanks.” I shook my head trying to side step him.

“Aww come on now don’t be like that” He continued grabbing at my hand and pulling me closer to him.

“I said no.” I said a little louder pushing him away from me. Eric suddenly appeared beside me pushing the guy away.

“Look city she said no. Now back away from her.” He barked. His voice full of authority his accent seeping with every word. I giggled at the thought of Eric giving this boy the nickname “City”. He did look like a boy that was comfortable living in his Daddy’s pay check.

“Why don’t you go mind your own da*n business fool?” ‘City’ spoke trying to act like a gangster or something.

“leave her” he spoke his voice low “Alone” they were now face to face with each other.

Drunkenly ‘City’ took a swing at Eric who dodged it with ease. ‘City’ almost lost his footing before he dropped the plastic cup on the floor.

“Come on” ‘City’ slurred raising his arms in a taunting way. The entire party had come to watch now making a circle around myself, Eric, and ‘City’.

Eric backed me away before throwing off his leather jacket one of the guys from his charter took it from him as he rolled his shoulders and cracked his knuckles. The crowd went wild as Eric did this screaming and cheering him on.

“You wanted me ‘City’. You got me.”

‘City’ walked closer to Eric and once he was in reach Eric grabbed hold of his shirt and brought his fist in contact with ‘City’s’ jaw bringing him to the ground. Eric followed him to the ground continuing to punch him at every available moment. ‘City’ was now limp on the ground as Eric stood up. All the boys from his charter yelling louder than the rest. Eric came toward me and took the jacket from his friends hands and pulling it over my shoulders. Wrapping his arm around my waist I watched as ‘City’s’ friends carried his unconscious body out of the club. A large hand clasped over Eric’s shoulder causing both of us to look up at my dad. He gave an approving smile Clay following and doing the same.

Everything calmed down and Eric and I went back to the couch after I grabbed my beer. He pulled me in his lap his jacket still hanging on my shoulders. I finished that beer and cuddled up to Eric. Everything in my line of vision blurring together and the room starting to spin.

“Lets go to your room” I whispered in his ear before softly claiming his lips in a tender kiss. Eric cupped my face in his rough hands and kissed back slipping his tongue past my lips. Once we broke apart for air Eric helped me stand up and he led me to his dorm. I looked back to see both my mom and Gemma giving me questioning looks. I smiled and winked at them. The last thing I saw was Jax. His face red and contorted with anger. I smiled to myself before Eric pulled me into the room. His caresses were soft and his kisses sweet. I pulled off his shirt and continued kissing a path down his toned abdomen. He brought my face back to his and we kissed again………….
♠ ♠ ♠
outfits
COMMENTS=CHAPTERS