Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

From Above

It had been two days since Sunny’s outburst but every time she was alone with the brothers things were still tense, they didn’t speak to each other and spent the time with their heads deep in books trying to find a way to stop then apocalypse. On occasion Castiel joined them but he wasn’t much help, instead he spent most of his time there distracting the woman from her duties.

Sunny let out a quiet giggle as Castiel’s lips brushed over her ear, she gave another quiet giggle and pushed at his gut trying to move him away “I need to read these books” they broke eye contact to stare at the pile of books Bobby had left at his desk for her “and you’re not helping” he ignored her and pressed a light kiss against her nose “Cass, come on” she smiled softly, her smiled faded quickly as Dean let out a loud, very obvious sigh but she chose to ignore him “can you get me a beer?” her smile returned before she pressed a light kiss against his lips “thank you”.

She followed him in the swivel chair until he was gone into the kitchen then looked back down to the open book in front of her, she traced her finger under the words as she read them slowly in her head. Suddenly all eyes shot up as the beer bottle smashed across the wooden floor, they found Castiel slouched against the door frame, holding his head in his hands.

“Cass you okay?” Sam asked quietly, the man rushed forward as Castiel dropped downwards hissing out in pain, Sunny rushed from behind the desk and pushed Sam to the side before dropping down in front of Castiel

“Castiel? What’s wrong?” she asked in a panicked tone, she sat one hand on his knee the others fingers wrapped around his wrist lightly “what’s going on?” he hissed again and shakily got to his feet bringing Sunny up with him

“There’s something happening” he informed them quietly

“What’s happening?” Dean asked finally getting to his feet but he got no reply as the angel vanished form the room “damn it” he snapped turning away, he dropped back into his seat and pulled the book up to his face “maybe Sunny can get some work done now”.

&&

Where Castiel had landed had used to be a forest, the trees had all been flattened into the ground and it looked like a bomb had exploded. Castiel knew it was the angels though. Cautiously he made his way towards the centre of the circle, the ground was moving like there was something or someone trapped beneath it trying to get out.

The angel bent forward and brushed some of the dirt away before he sensed someone approaching him quietly from behind, he let the second angel get close enough before he turned and caught it’s raised arm keeping the sword clear of his body. Castiel flipped the suited angel over his shoulder and used his body weight and strength to bring the sword down into his chest. There was a blinding light before the vessel stopped moving.

There was a few seconds silence before a third angel appeared, he rushed towards Castiel with his sword held out in front of him, again Castiel waited until he was close enough then tugged the first sword from the dead vessel and spun around quickly, slicing the angels throat in one swing. He remained silent, stepping over the corpse and heading back towards the moving soil.

He brushed more soil aside, staring on in confusion as a hand appeared from within. He grabbed it and tugged the body from the ground in one swift movement. Again his features crunched in confusion as he took in the crumpled man laying in front of him, finally as he rolled onto his back slowly Castiel realised how he knew him.

His arm was thrown around the angels neck before Castiel took them back to Bobby’s house.

&&

“I’m just saying that I don’t understand half of the things written in here Sam, it’s all in old English” Sunny sighed heavily before Castiel appeared in the doorway with another man, she got to her feet and rushed forward only stopping when he threw the younger onto the small military bed “Cass…who is he?”

“His name is Adam” he paused and wet his lips before looking between Sam and Dean “he’s your brother”

“What?” Sam exclaimed jumping back, his eyes locked on the still figure in front of them “we don’t have a brother”

“Yes you do” Castiel responded quietly, he looked to Dean who was yet to say anything and found his jaw locked in silent rage “there were angels at the scene, I think they may be moving on from you” he sighed “Adam is your brother, he’s still within the Winchester blood line-”

“We don’t have a brother damn it!” the room turned to stare at Dean as he slapped the desk “it’s been me and Sammy and only me and Sammy. This kid ain’t squat to us okay?”

“Well obviously he is Dean. The angels wouldn’t have raised him if he wasn’t part of the Winchester blood line” he was interrupted by Castiel.

“He’s waking up” Sunny turned as the boy as he gasped and sat upright. She sat down next to him handing him a glass of water. The boy took the glass from her gratefully, taking a sip.

“Adam?” the boy turned to face her, shock in his eyes.

“How do you know my name?” he asked quietly, staring at everyone in the room.

“Uh Cass here knew you” she gestured to Castiel who nodded at the boy. Adam turned to look at Sam as he left the room. He finally looked back round at Sunny who was smiling kindly at him. “Do you want anything to eat?” she asked him, standing as he nodded his head.

“Uh.. Thanks”

“No problem” she nodded her head and walked out of the room into the kitchen. Sunny opened the refrigerator door and took out some stuff for a sandwich. When she closed the door Castiel was standing behind it. Sunny dropped some of the things in her hand when she jumped. “God don’t do that” she said putting her hand on her heart.

“Sorry” he mumbled bending down to puck up the stuff that had fallen.

“Thanks” she said taking it from him “So what’s up?” she asked, looking at the side of his face as he stared forwards.

“What do you mean?” he asked looking round at her.

“I mean why aren’t you in with Adam and Dean?”

“Because I wanted to be here” she smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She then started to butter the bread, turning her attention away from Castiel. “Can I ask you why Dean doesn’t seem to like Adam? I thought he would like having more family”

“He’s just in denial, he doesn’t want to believe that his dad had any other kids apart from him and Sam, he’ll come round don’t worry” she sighed as she finished the sandwich, putting it on a plate.

><><><><><><><><><

Adam stared up at the ceiling. It was nearly one in the morning and he still wasn’t asleep. He just wanted his mom, and he didn’t care how childish that sounded. He closed his eyes over and when he opened them again he was staring at a children’s playground. He recognized it instantly, it was where his mom used to take him when he was a kid. Suddenly he sensed someone beside him. He jumped round to face a balding man, in a suit smiling at him. “hey kid” he said.

“Uh… hi?”

“She’s not coming you know… your mom I mean”

“Where is she?”

“She’s safe it’s fine, but if you ever want to see her again you’ll have to do as I say”

“Don’t you dare hurt my mom”

“We won’t if you do as I say but remember you can go live your life with her again when this is all over, if you do as we say”

“Fine but let me see her before I do as you say”

“And give you a chance to run? No way” the man shook his head “but are you gonna do it?”

Adam looked thoughtful for a minute before he nodded. The man pressed two finger to his fore head and then he was in a completely different room.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, sorry this took me so long but here it is!
Title Credit: Cage the elephant
Oh yeah Gabriels in the next chapter. Yay