Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Gentle Reminder, That Life is Unkind.

.08.

"Jona" Emma whimpered. Her eyes still clambered shut as she gripped his body. Her own body convulsed as Jona's eyes snapped open. 
"Don't leave. Please." she begged, her body shook more as tears began to slip down her cheeks. 

Vulnerable. Helpless. Desperate. Dependency. The feelings Emma hated most were back as she cried in her sleep. Jona sat up now, his back resting against the headboard as he held the small girl. Emma felt Jona whisper sweet nothings in her ear. The tickle of his voice, the soothing factor he had learned to calm her down with. Emma always over worked herself. 
Emma's sleepy eyes opened as she took in her surroundings. The larger tattooed arms cradling her small body. The other free hand stroking her tear stained cheeks. Emma never said anything to Jona. She didn't smile or blush or give off any form of emotion. Her face remained blank as she rested her head on his chest. The inhales and exhales he took in were soothing to her. She decided she was content with being in his arms again, but she knew it wasn't going to last long.  

It was silent amongst them. Emma knew Jona was awake. His fingertips traced the curves of the tattoo on her shoulder blade. 

"I didn't think you were coming back this time." Emma whispered against his chest. She was unsure if he had heard her but she wasn't embarrassed by what she stated. She wasn't upset or in denial. Maybe a little upset. But it was the truth. It was how she felt. 
Jona sighed. 
"You are home." he replied sliding his hand down her spine.
Emma giggled softly, it was the only way she could hold back the tears.   
"I'm sorry." she whispered. Embarrassed this time. Her cheeks erupted with a pink colour and the tears finally cascading down the apples of her cheeks. 

"I was worried. Worried you found better. You moved on. Got tired of waiting. It kills me when I have to leave you here. I hate that I can't be here for you on the holidays, or the timezones are too fucked up for me to get the date right on your birthday. (He chuckled at this part. Remembering his time in Canada where he called her too early and then too late.) I want to say things will be better. Things will change, but I can't lie to you Emmalynn. What I can tell you is I will be home for a while. I will be in our apartment, in our bed with you every night and I'll be here when you wake up to kiss your nose and make you tea. Life is always unkind at the best of times though." he whispered to the doe-eyed girl as tears still caressed her cheeks. Jona smiled sheepishly, before he leaned down to kiss her lips again. 
"I love you." She whispered to him, resting her head on his shoulder as she crept her hand up to his jaw running her fingertips over the hair. 
"I love you too." he answered back, kissing her fingertips. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe. Give me hope. :(