Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

E I G H T E E N

38 weeks and counting, the countdown was on.
Everything was frantic, preparing for my daughter’s arrival. I was put on bed rest last week and let me tell you, it’s hell.

Especially when Paul comes over, he refuses me to do anything that involved anything more than breathing and blinking. Seeing as I wasn’t allowed out for a while, I always had people over. I decided today, I would call Bella.

“Who you calling?” Paul asks, biting into an apple that he had helped himself too. Lately, it feels that Paul has moved in with me. Not that I mind, in fact I love having him here all the time.

“Bella. I want to chill with her for a while. Haven’t you patrol?” I ask him, as I dialled Bella’s number into my house phone. Paul grinned.

“Yeah, I was going to ask Jared to come over and look after you…but I guess Bella will be alright doing it” Paul says and I glare at him.

“What!” Paul laughs, seeing my unhappy face.

“I don’t need to be looked after. I’m perfectly capable of looking after myself. I have been doing so for quite some time!” I snap, my hormones were all over the place today.

“Yeah, Yeah. So I’ll make sure one of the guys are bordering the house.” he continues, completely ignoring what I just said. I roll my eyes and put the phone to my ear, shifting into a more comfortable position.

“Right, I’m leaving. I’ll call you later” Paul says, having already finished the apple.
“Mm” I say, not really listening. Paul chuckles, leaning over and kisses my head. I look up at him, as he stares at me back.

“Love you” I say and Paul grins, knowing I wasn’t mad.
“Love you more, get some sleep after Bella leaves” he tells me and kisses me quickly, and it was in time, as Bella picked up.

“Hi Casey” Bella says in a rather depressive tone.
“Well hello Miss. Sunshine. What’s got you in a miserable mood?” I ask, teasing her.
“Ugh, it’s too long a story” Bella complains.
“Good, be over in ten minutes then” I order, hanging up before she can argue. While waiting for Bella to arrive, I went into my daughter’s nursery, it was full of toys and clothes. I loved it. Unfortunately, I still hadn’t figured out a name. So for now, she was called ‘Baby Girl’.

“Baby girl, Momma can’t wait to see you” I coo, looking at my stomach. My t-shirt didn’t fit over anymore, I couldn’t see my toes either. It was quite depressing actually, I use to have a nice figure, I wasn’t sure if I’d get it back.

Before too long, Bella arrived, rather grudgingly. “Hello!” she calls, letting herself in.
“I’m in my room!” I yell, I was currently reading a mother-care book, on how to burp your child. I was now a burping expert, according to the quiz at the end.

“Hey Big Momma” Bella says, joking and I frowned, Jacob had given me that nickname ages ago and it stuck, it wasn’t the best nickname for a pregnant woman, but I let it pass.

“Bella! Come, sit, sit” I urge, patting the bed.
“You’re so bossy” she mumbles and I roll my eyes. I feel Baby Girl kicking me and I grumble in pain. Bella looks at me sympathetically.

“She kicking?” she asks.
I nod “She’s a kicker all right…you know, I didn’t get much sleep last night. She kicked me for three hours constantly” I groan, moving another pillow behind my back.

“You need anything?” Bella asks and I shake my head, trying to ignore the pain.
“So, what was up with you?” I ask and I noticed Bella blushing slightly, there was obviously something going on.

“It’s embarrassing” Bella says, her cheeks tinged pink. I smirked, knowing that she would tell me.
“Ah, what is this embarrassing problem?” I ask. I still found it odd how Bella was in love with a vampire, I wondered if it was strange. I could talk, I was dating a wolf.
“Um…” Bella says, wringing her hands together. I sigh, getting impatient.
“Bella! What’s going on?” I demand and Bella clears her throat awkwardly. I looked at her, waiting…

“Edward and I have been dating for a while right?” she says and I nod, remembering when Edward had told me the story of their relationship. I found it sort of heroic when he saved her from being hit by that van.

“Well, once I graduate Edward’s going to change me” Bella says and my eyes widen. I wasn’t aware of this.
“As in…becoming a vampire?” I ask, in shock.
Bella nods slightly.

“But you’ll be dead Bella, you realize this?” I ask. Bella looks at me as if she’s heard it all.
“I love him Casey. I want to be with him for eternity” she says and my gushy side spilled, as I found myself smiling at the sentiment. Bella looks at me, telling me there was more to come.
“Okay, so he’ll change you….” I say, trying to get the flow back.
“But he wants to get married first” he says and I squeal, automatic reaction.

“That’s adorable, oh my god! Can I come?” I ask happily, clapping my hands together. Bella grinned lopsidedly “Yeah, but that’s not all” she states, I stop clapping.
“Oh?” I question, what more was there…
“I want to….um…havesexwithEdward” she rambles so quickly, I wasn’t sure my ears couldn’t work it out.

“Sorry, could you speak real English?” I ask sarcastically. Bella was beetroot red now.
“I said, I want to have sex with Edward before we get married.” Bella says firmly and I stared at her, all my motherly instincts rushing in at once.

“Are you freaking insane!” I ask her, and Bella looked at me shocked.
“You know what sex means right? You’ll get pregnant just like me. Have you not seen this!” I screech, holding my bump.
“Casey, he’s a vampire!” Bella yells back.
“So? You’ll forget birth control just like me and half some mutant baby!” I freak, Bella glares at me.
“No we won’t! I just, I want to have sex with him when I’m human, that’s all I want!” Bella says.
“It’s too dangerous Bella, he’s a vampire for Christ’s sake. He could hurt you-” I say and Bella stops me.
“That’s exactly what he said. I don’t care, I love him Casey….he won’t hurt me. He won’t!” Bella insists, having a slight tantrum.
“Well it’s your risk. It won’t happen, you can’t do it Bella. It’s too risky, you have be responsible and be careful” I say, much to own disappointment.

Bella looked furious, and I knew I should expected what came out of her mouth. Bella stood up, storming towards the door. She turned back and stared at me.

“You can talk, you weren’t responsible or careful and now you’re knocked up with a kid you don’t even want. Stop telling me what I can and can’t do. You should take a look at your own life Casey. I can’t believe you, you’re meant to be my best friend!” Bella seethes and I stare at her in shock.

Bella’s face falters as she sees the tears running down my cheeks.
“Casey I’m sorry” she says but I didn’t want to listen because she was right, I’m a hypocrite telling Bella that sex was bad for her.

“Get out” I say suddenly, lying down, wiping my cheeks.
“No, Casey…I didn’t mean-” Bella begins, sounding guilty.
“I SAID GET OUT!” I scream, and I feel myself sobbing. I hear Bella walk away and I turn on my side, curling up as much as I could.

“I love you baby, I do want you” I whisper to my stomach. I stroked it soothingly, but it didn’t work. The things Bella said, didn’t leave my mind.

When Paul came home, I managed to stop crying.
But it didn’t fool Paul, he knew something was up.
“What’s wrong?” he says, sitting behind me, I leaned back against him. I sighed and decided to tell him.

“Bella and I had a fight” I murmur, playing with his hands comfortingly.
“About what?” Paul presses, his head leaning on top of mine.
I told him about what happened and Paul was beyond furious, so angry in fact and he stormed out the house, and I soon heard wolf howling and running away.

About an hour later, the phone rang.
“Hello?” I say tiredly, I was just drifting off to sleep.

“Why is your dog of a boyfriend here!” Rosalie snaps. I sigh.
“I don’t know, he stormed out earlier” I yawn.. Rosalie started grumbling about how he was stinking up the house, apparently Jacob was there too doing as many blonde jokes as he could.

“Rose, just come pick me up” I say, looking at the time. It was almost ten pm.
“Fine” Rose says, unable to say no to me. Soon, Rose arrived with Emmett and his jeep. She helped me in and handed me some blankets to keep me warm and we made our way back to the Cullen house.

As I walked in, I heard Paul shouting.
“How dare she say something like that! Casey is a good person and you’re girlfriend decides to call her a hypocrite because of you!” Paul screams.
“Paul calm down” Jake tries. I walk in the room, and Paul looks at me shocked, then he looked annoyed.
“Casey, you should be asleep.” he tells me.
“Paul, come on. Let’s go home” I tell him. Alice smiles at me and I grin back at her. Bella then appears, from round the corner.

“YOU!” Paul screams when he saw her. Edward immediately stepped in front of Bella.
“Paul, calm down. Bella didn’t mean those things she said” Edward says. I looked at Bella, guilt on her face. I felt bad too, I shouldn’t have been so controlling.

“Bella, I forgive you” I say and suddenly, everyone’s silent.
“Casey, she said those things to you!” Paul snaps.
“I know Paul, but I said some things too that were out of line. Now, stop being so worked up and let the Cullen’s relax in peace” I say, hoping it would work.

“Yeah Paul, listen to Casey” Rosalie says smugly and Paul growled threateningly. I nudged Rose to stop encouraging him.

“Casey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it, I was just confused…” Bella says rushing to me before Paul could grab her back.
“I know, I’m sorry too. I still want to be your best friend” I tell her meaning it and Bella smiles relieved.

“Me too” she says and we reach and hug each other warmly. The whole household calmed down and Paul looked frustrated, so he stormed out of the house to phase. Jake smiles at me, letting me know everything will be okay.

“I’ll bring him back to yours later” Jake says and I nod.

“Bella, Edward. Want to take me home now? Baby Girl needs sleep” I say and Edward gives me a charming smile. I said goodnight to the rest of the Cullen’s and got in Edward’s Volvo. When I got home, I found Paul sitting on my doorstep.

“Goodnight Bells, Edward” I say calmly.
“Goodnight Casey”
“Night”

“Paul, back so soon?” I say sarcastically and Paul looks at me guiltily.
“I’m sorry for causing trouble. I was just angry, I hate to think of anyone hurting you…” Paul says and I couldn’t resist that charming smile of his.

“I forgive you, now can we go to bed?” I ask hopefully. My eyes about to drop.
Paul smiles like he won everything in the world. “My pleasure” Paul whispers, as he hugs me, kissing my head, then lips.

I fell asleep, to some very sweet dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to:
allzac
for the idea of Bella, I decided to twist it slightly but thank you, gave me some inspiration :)
Thank you to rachelMISFIT also for another idea, which will follow in the next chapter.
Sorry for delaying slightly, I couldn't think of anything for the story but I'm back on track.
Thanks to everyone who is encouraging me and reading :) <3