Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

F O U R

The week to steadily, but slowly move on. I had become friends with the Cullen’s, much to everyone’s surprise. I’ve had plenty of questions whether I was pregnant or just plain fat. Although nobody ever said something intentionally cruel to my face yet, I knew it was coming.

The Cullen’s as beautiful as they are, are in fact. Quite Weird.

Although they claim to be adopted, a common ground we all share they all look similarly in some way. They are also dating on another.

Bella although not one of them is dating Edward.
Alice, who is what I not realize shopping possessed is dating Jasper, who is although quite a very kind, gentle person.
Emmett is loud, loud, loud and yet more loud. He loves teasing me because I’m only 5ft 4, but I think I’m growing still. Emmett is dating Rosalie.

What to say about her?
It’s ever so odd, she distances herself more from everyone out of the group, she’s extremely rude to Bella and seems to hate her and snippy with everyone. Yet oddly enough, we get on very well. She always seems to ask how I’m feeling, how my pregnancy is going. She’s the one, who I truly see as a motherly figure already.

I have heard of Carlisle and Esme, the Cullen parents that everyone seems to know. I think I have an appointment with Carlisle, tomorrow which is Friday lunchtime. No body knows this yet.

So these are my new, slightly odd friends. Apart from Rosalie, they never ask about the pregnancy, they seem to know I don’t want to talk about it but it’s hard to avoid when I keep gaining weight. My stomach seemed bigger already and I’ve only been here a week. Then again, I could be paranoid.

Today, is finally Friday a glorious day might I add.

I was going into the lunch room, to get something to eat before I headed off to the hospital. My appointment wasn’t till two.

I was searching for Alice, who I normally see waving at me. But I couldn’t find her. I hadn’t had any of them in my previous class, Chemistry.

It didn’t feel right going to their table, because it might seem I was being too forward and rude. So I picked up my tray and walked to a empty table, that was near where I usually sit.

Just as I was about to dig into my fruit salad, I loved peaches at the moment. I heard heels clicking, gum smacking and hair swishing. Then I heard a rather arrogant cough.

“Like, Hi! I’m Tammy. This is Paris and Chrissie.” a preppy girl, with false looking blonde hair, too much makeup on and smacking gum too loudly to almost hurt my ears. She looked so fake, plastic. But I wasn’t to make judgements.

“Hello?” I say slowly, more so confused as why she was talking when I clearly wanted to eat.

“You’re that pregnant girl right? Cassie?” Tammy says brightly, as if nothing was wrong with that sentence. I gritted my teeth to prevent snapping at her.

“It’s Casey” I correct tightly. Tammy smirks as if I told a joke.

“Anyways, is it true? Like, do you have sex with some teacher and that’s why you moved here cause you’re pregnant with his kid?” she asks, excitedly.

I could have punched her.

“No, it’s not true” I say sternly, about to return to my lunch to stop her talking.

“So, who’s your boyfriend then?” she asks, dumbly.

“Um, I don’t know like. I think he’s like in California like but I’m not like quite sure. I’ll call him tonight like and see what he says okay?” I say in such a sarcastic tone, that even this blonde could understand.

Tammy, however was an exception.

“Cool, so like how pregnant are you?” she asks rudely.

“I’m 13 weeks almost” I say irritated.

“Oh my god, you’re so fat already and you’re not even half way through. I feel so sorry for you” Tammy says in what she thought was a caring tone.

I stood up suddenly.

I was going to punch her, right in her nose. Her fake nose probably.

“Casey!” Bella says suddenly, and I feel my arm being pulled.

“Bella! Casey and I were just talking about her baby” Tammy says happily.

“Um. Sure…I need Casey to come with me…” she says. I was glaring at Tammy.

“Say anything to me again and I’ll punch you so hard that you’ll lose your last brain cell!” I hiss furiously. Tammy glares at me, looking shocked.

“Oh Em Gee. No need to be rude like. I was trying to be nice!” Tammy spits.

“GET OUT OF MY FACE!” I scream, my blood raging and suddenly the cafeteria is silent.

“Whoa, pregnant hormones or what?” someone says, causing snickers.

I could feel the tears coming, I grabbed my bag and ran out, ignoring Bella or the Cullen’s calls.

I hated this.

I really did.

I signed myself out early, and went straight to the hospital for my check-up. I got some funny looks, but thankfully no comments.

I waited patiently, reading the pregnancy posters and maternity leaflets.

“Miss. Woodrow?” the nurse calls, I get up and walk past the older pregnant mothers.
I was shown to the office and I knocked and entered when a voice called “Enter”

I go in and instantly realize, I’m seeing Dr. Cullen.
He was beautiful, just like them. With golden white hair neatly combed, his pale white skin that radiated coldness and his golden, bright eyes stared at me with an emotion I hadn’t seen in a long time.

Care.

“Hello Miss. Woodrow. I’m Dr. Cullen but you may call me Carlisle if you wish” Carlisle introduces warmly and offers his hand. I shake it, attempting to ignore the coldness.

“Call me Casey please” I say softly and he smiles which gave me some confidence.

“Let’s examine you, then we can talk…just hop up on the bed for me” Carlisle says softly, and I nervously do so.

I was always nervous around male doctors because I read the news too much, about doctors who were secretly paedophiles. It’s weird that a man knows some much about the female body especially.

Carlisle had a sense of compassion around here and although I’ve never met him before, I felt safe.

After the examination, I was told I could have a scan. I immediately accepted. I hadn’t had one before, I was in the middle of packing my stuff for Forks so I never got a chance to range one.

I was excited and nervous at the same time.

Carlisle took me to the other room where the scans could be done, I had to lie on his weird chair thing. I pulled up my top, just to above my stomach and Carlisle put this ice-cold gel on my stomach, making me shiver.

“Sorry, I forgot to tell you it’s cold” Carlisle muses.

“It’s okay. I’ve never had one of these before” I say softly, it was the right tone to use with him.

“How come?” Carlisle asks, surprised.

“Never had the chance. I was in the middle of arranging my move that I never got to arrange one.”

“Ah, well this makes it all the more special doesn’t it Casey?” Carlisle says and I smile. I didn’t feel stupid around Carlisle, he made me feel like it was okay that I was in this situation and he wasn’t judging me.

“Okay, here we go” Carlisle says, pulling up a stool, and arranging the equipment. He put the monitor near me and then rolled the scanner around my belly, smoothing the gel out. Carlisle pressed a button and soon I heard the most, incredible sound.

I literally felt breathless.

The heartbeat.

Thumping so loud, so fast. It was incredible, fascinating to hear it and realize that my baby was alive, really alive with a healthy heart. My baby was inside of me, with a great beating heart.

It came on so fast, the emotion, the realization. I started to cry.

The tears prickled my eyes, slowly dropping down my cheeks. I sniffled and Carlisle immediately looked away from the monitor.

“It’s natural to get emotional” he says gently.

I nod, the tears dripping. “It’s really in there…” I sob softly.

Carlisle gives me an comforting smile. “Would you like some pictures?” he asks and I nod quickly, wiping my cheeks with my shaking hands.

“Would you like copies for family?” Carlisle asks and I immediately stiffen.

“I have no family, or anyone for that matter. But if I could have two copies still I’d appreciate it” I say in a firm tone.

Carlisle nods.

“Do you not have a support system then Casey?” Carlisle asks, almost sounding worriedly.

I shake my head, feeling the tears come on again.

“No” I whisper, Carlisle looks at me sadly.

“Where’s the boy involved?” Carlisle asks gently.

I sigh. “He’s living his dream” I merely say, it was the truth.

“If you wish to talk about it, you can. I’m a good listener” Carlisle says warmly. I almost smile at his sweet words.

“Maybe another time Carlisle, but thank you” I say, not wanting to talk about the boy involved.

“Pictures should be done soon. Then we can back to my office and talk about your birth plan and such”

I nod, feeling somewhat comfort but sad at the same time.

“Thank you” I say, hoping he got what I truly meant.
“Anytime Casey, Anytime” Carlisle reassures and I truly felt safe, and reassured that it would be okay. I would be okay, having this baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise, the wolves will be in the next one! :)
I might be getting a chapter out later but I'm busy with revision as I have exams soon!
Okayy, so enjoy!
Comment :) <3