Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

F I V E

It was that very night, I was sitting in front of the television, watching a soap opera eating peach crumble, with lots of custard.

The phone rang, and I picked it instantly as it was lying right beside me to save me getting up if anyone rang. My comforter was wrapped around me tightly, I pressed the mute button before I pressed the green button.

“Hello?” I say politely.

“Hey Casey, it’s Bella”

I smile slightly “Hi Bells, you okay?” I ask naturally, as I licked the last of the custard out of my bowl.

“Yeah I’m good, where were you after lunch…I was worried” Bella tells me, I felt touched I must admit.

“Sorry, I forgot to say I had a appointment at the hospital” I reply casually.

“Everything’s okay right? With you and the baby?”

“Yes, we’re fine” I cut her off.

“Good, I was wondering seeing as you’re new round here if you wanted to come to La Push with me tomorrow. I’m meeting my friend Jacob and Edward’s kind of over protective. So he said I should go with someone. Want to go?” Bella says quickly, sounding nervous.

I chuckle “Sure, where is this La Push?” I ask confused, not recalling the name.

“It’s outside of town. It isn’t far” Bella assures me.

“Cool, we’ll go meet Jacob” I say, suddenly desperate for the toilet.

“Great, I’ll pick you up at 11 tomorrow” Bella tells me.

“Looking forward to it…” I say getting up.

Bella was about to tell me about this Jacob but I cut her off, as polite as I could.

“Sorry Bells, I’m dying for a wee. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

Bella chuckles “Night Casey” she says cheerfully and I hung up and ran to the toilet, so relieved as I didn’t urinate myself.

As I collapsed back on the couch, taking the TV off mute. I realized that tomorrow was going to be extremely awkward, I would be the tag-along, the pregnant girl that people feel sorry for.

Sometimes, my life really sucked.

--

That following morning, I woke up ridiculously early. I only vomited once so I knew that things were looking up.

I had a few hours before Bella would arrive and come pick me up. So I took my time getting ready, having a long relaxing soak in the bath. I picked out some nice clothes, I found some jeans that were a bit too tight but I managed to squeeze into them. I wore a loose t-shirt but unfortunately you could still see my bump protruding from underneath.

After I dried my hair and let it fall into it’s natural dark curls, I made sure my fringe didn’t sweep in my eyes. I did my makeup so I didn’t look so tired and finally I was ready. I was now extremely hungry.

I had a big breakfast, I knew I was taking advantage of the fact I was eating ‘for two’ but to be honest, it didn’t really bother me. If I was going to get fat anyway, I’m going to enjoy doing it.

I still had time to kill, so I decided to tidy my house and tie up some loose ends of homework that I hadn’t already done yesterday when I got home early.

Finally, Bella was here.

I opened the door before she even knocked, I had my shoes and coat on all ready. I ushered her out and we soon got in her truck which I’m proud to say is like mine.

“Nice car” I comment, smirking and Bella was about to protest until she saw my own rust bucket parked on the driveway.

“Yours too” she replies smartly and I giggle happily.

“So, off to La Press!” I announce as we were strapped in the truck.

“La Push Casey” Bella corrects and I roll my eyes, not really caring. I turned on her radio and some Paramore blared out.

“You like Paramore?” Bella asked surprised. I smile widely.

“Yep, if you don’t. Then I’ll jump out the car” I tease, hopefully she liked them. I didn’t fancy doing a dive, duck and roll out with a baby inside of me.

“No, I do. Just…never mind” Bella says and I shrug, not bothered that she didn’t finish her sentence. In a way, I understood.

The drive wasn’t awkward, I chatted mostly to keep flow of the conversation. Bella answered and occasionally asked questions. She got to one, where it touched a sore subject.

“So, just in interest where is the father?” Bella asks me, she wasn’t meaning to pry or be rude. She was merely curious, as any curious person would be.

Bella was my friend, but we weren’t that close yet so I didn’t feel I could confide her just yet, I was too embarrassed and nervous about it.

“He’s not around” I answer weakly, and almost praised the heavens as the sign ‘La Push’ appeared in sight. Bella got the message and left me in peace.

We pulled up to one of the houses, a big red one. We jumped out and I straightened myself up as I wanted to look presentable for my hopefully new friends.

“Casey! C’mon!” Bella urges, she sounded excited to meet his ‘Jacob’ and I knew that Edward wouldn’t like it. He seemed the overly-protective type boyfriend. I would know.

As we were about to walk up the pathway, a loud, long wolf whistle was heard and Bella and I immediately turned around.

There stood, about 100 yards away was a man of any typical girl’s dream. Tall, dark and handsome. However, handsome was an understatement. This man was a gorgeous one, an utterly delicious one. He was extremely tall, with russet coloured skin and was showing proudly. His muscles were shameless, a proud 8 pack going in that area.

He had dark eyes from what I could see, dark short hair and a huge beaming, white smile on his face. But even though this man was easy on the eyes what struck me that in this cold weather, he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Surely, he wasn’t that vain?

“Bella!” he calls, and Bella suddenly runs up to the stranger and hugs him tightly. I now realize, this must be Jacob or Bella had the tendency to run to random, gorgeous men.

“Jake!” Bella squeals and he spun her around before settling her feet on the floor.

“Come meet my friend Casey” Bella says happily and I smiled at her. I walked, awkwardly over and gave a shy smile.

“Hi” I say meekly.

“Hi Casey, I’m Jacob Black. Call me Jake though” Jacob says eagerly and I nod but couldn’t help feel intimidated as he shook my hand too firmly.

“Bells, the guys are over at Emily’s. She’s doing Lunch soon. Casey should come meet them” Jake says and Bella nods.

She glances at me as if to make sure that’s okay. I nod eagerly as well, the mention of meeting more beautiful boys was satisfying.

Jacob led the way, Bella on his left, myself on his right. Jacob was the leader in talking, Bella occasionally inputted. I rarely said anything. Jacob hadn’t mentioned it, he hadn’t mentioned the thing that was so obvious about me. Weirdly, I liked it.

I liked the fact that as soon as he saw me, he didn’t ask if I was pregnant.
I liked it a lot.

“So Casey, what brings you to rainy old Forks?” Jacob asks.

Well, it couldn’t last forever.

“I’m having a baby.” I say bluntly. Bella looks at me warily, as if I might cry any second whereas Jacob smiles softly, not with sympathy but with comfort.

“Good luck. You can always ask me to babysit if you want to go out and party with Bella” he jokes, and it instantly made me laugh. The image of him babysitting was amusing, but the image of Bella and I in a club, well that was just hilarious.

“Thanks Jake, I’ll keep that in mind” I tease and Bella smiles awkwardly while Jacob gave me a huge grin.

We soon reached ‘Emily’s’ and the sound of loud, boisterous laughter was heard from outside. I wondered how many people were inside that fairly small looking house.

“Now, just as a head’s up. Sam’s fiancé Emily has some facial scars…so please don’t stare at her. It irritates Sam” Jake says in a firm tone and I knew he was being serious.

As we walked in, apparently there is no point in knocking as they wouldn’t hear us Jake said. A woman, with russet skin and long dark hair appeared, then I noticed her scars. She had three long ones that distorted her face but I remember a saying once that beauty is mostly important on the inside. She was still beautiful, no scars could take that away.

She gave a warm smile and greeted me like I was a friend. “Hello Casey” she says, after Jake had told her my name. I nod and smile “Hi Emily, thanks for having me” I say shyly and Emily chuckles.

“It’s no probably, it’s nice to see some new faces and have female company” Emily says and I instantly felt at home. Bella seemed awkward around Emily and I wanted to question it, but I knew it would be best to leave it.

As we entered the small kitchen, I noticed it was filled with all gorgeous, shirtless, similar looking men.

“Wow” I mutter and one of them snickered but it must have been a joke or something as he couldn’t have heard me. It would take too long to describe them all, I could be here all day. As I glanced over them all, I finally reached the last one who was sitting down and looked rather grumpy. Well he did….until our eyes met.

Something happened.
I’m not quite sure what though. I felt different, like I was seeing something for the first time and I wasn’t appreciating it. The man before me, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the men. Tall, dark, lean, strong, beautiful. Everything I could want in a man.

He had a dazed expression, as if I was some beautiful princess that walked in. His eyes travelled down my body, both us not taking our eyes away from one another. His eyes stopped at my stomach and I instantly came crashing to earth. I saw a flicker of anger in his eyes and I immediately felt ashamed and disappointed with myself. I felt as if his opinion mattered, although I hadn’t said a word to him.
I wanted to cry, as I saw the disappointment and pain on his face. I had done that to him.

Suddenly, the guy got up and walked out without a word leaving tension in the air. My heart sunk with sadness. He would never like me, I thought.
Never like someone like me, a silly schoolgirl that got herself knocked up.

“Hi Casey, I’m Sam. Welcome To La Push” Sam greeted me, I felt appreciative that he quickly avoided the fact that someone had walked out.

“Ignore Paul, he’s just moody” a younger looking one said, with longer hair. He gave me a cute smile and it reminded me of a child. “I’m Seth” he introduces and I smile, nodding remembering his name instantly.

The rest were introduced and I instantly felt welcomed in, Emily insisted I eat and the boys seem to successfully avoid the fact I was knocked up. I knew it wouldn’t last though, they would be curious as everyone else in this tiny town.

Jake and Embry made the most to interact with me, I felt more comfortable talking to them. I just hoped they wouldn’t judge me, because I would hate to lose them as friends already.

I hoped we could all be friends.
Because, I really needed some friends.
Some supportive friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Final Chapter For The Night :)
I shall update tomorrow!
This is dedicated to all that commented to me about this story, I really appreciated it guys so thank you!
If you want me to read any stories, just leave me a comment or something!
Enjoy as the wolves are introduced <3