Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

S I X

The weekend passed far too quickly, Bella and I spent the whole weekend down together at La Push. I was good friends with them already, I even made plans with Leah (who surprisingly likes me because apparently she can be a right bitch) to go visit her and Emily next weekend. I immediately accepted. Unfortunately, I didn’t see much of Paul, the guy who walked out. It seemed he was avoiding me for reasons unknown.

I was 13 almost 14 weeks and I’ve been reading up on the internet (which I finally have by the way) on pregnancy, officially I’m in my second trimester and I’m expecting to feel the sickness fade and to feel more brighter. But, it seems I’m in reverse, I’m frequently sick in the mornings and a few lunchtimes now. It’s so awkward when I just run out the class because I’m about to throw up. People snicker too. Especially Tammy.

Bella and all my friends, the Cullen’s have been supportive and helping me get over my sickness. I feel tired all the time and I can barely do my homework. I went and visited the nurse and she advised me to work at home for a few days to rest. This was on Tuesday and it’s Friday again now. Bella and Edward have brought school work for me and keep me company. Edward tends to help me study whereas Bella either makes me food or insists on ‘just tidying up’. I have now learnt she has organized my kitchen.

I text Leah after Bella have gone, asking her if tomorrow was still on. I instantly had a reply saying it was. I now had something to look forward too.

As the rest of the night dragged on, I was reading more stuff about pregnancy. Although I took Health last year, yes indulge in my irony, but I still didn’t know things from first experience. One girl made a advice tip on how to help bonding by listening to music and talking to the baby.

I thought I should have go. So I prepared a bath, an took a huge bottle of water as I had been dehydrated all day. I was feeling quite rough, Edward even suggested I go see Carlisle but I didn’t want to bother, so I said I was fine.

I was now lying in the bath, stroking my stomach and wondering how my life was truly going to change. The music playing was on medium, and the song Pretty Baby by Vanessa Carlton was playing. I instantly felt depressed. I forgot it was on this mixed CD.

This song held a lot of memories for me, and I closed my eyes and thought of them…wishing I could just go back.

Pretty Baby, why can’t you see, you’re the one that I belong to…” the song played softly in the background as we swayed gently in time with the music, his strong arms wrapped around my waist, my own arms gently draped over his neck.

We were at the Junior Winter Formal, and it was the last song of the night. He was holding me gently, kissing my temple and whispering the words I wanted to hear.
“I’ll never leave you Casey, I love you so much” he whispered, sincerely and I close my eyes and sigh contently. He was perfect, perfect for me. I didn’t need anyone, but him.

“I love you too.” I whisper, kissing his lips. His lips were soft and gentle and I wanted to kiss them forever and after. He brought me closer and his hands were placed firmly on my hips. We felt like we were in our world.

“You’re the best thing that’s ever come in to my life” I tell him, meaning it so much that I knew that he wouldn’t quite understand.

“I don’t intend on leaving it” he tells me so certain and sincere. I did something incredibly risky… I believed him.


I was young and foolish to think that he would be there for me always, that he would always love me. My eyes shot open, I could feel the tears dripping into the bath water, which had turned cold. It was stupid.

Such a stupid, idiotic thing to do.
To believe he loved me, we were kids.

We still are, yet I’m the one that is being forced to grow up and take action. Whereas he was off living his life and forgetting all about me. It hurt and it was painful to realize that he wasn’t coming for me that he was most likely with some other girl, whispering the same things he did to me that very night.

He’s a liar.
A liar that broke my heart.
As I felt my bump, my perfectly rounded bump and I could feel the pulse, the baby was moving, not kicking but moving as I floated in the water. This was my life now.

Not him, it will never be him.
Just baby, always my pretty baby.

---
“Casey!” shrieks Leah happily, hugging me as if I was a long lost friend she hadn’t seen in centuries.
“Leah!” I mock, hugging her just as tightly. As you can tell, we really did bond last weekend.

“How’s baby?” she asks, glancing at my bump then back at me.

“Fine, fine” I insist, although I had thrown up five times this morning and I felt quite dizzy right now. But I wasn’t going to tell her that.

“Good, now come in! Emily’s got some food on the table for us” Leah says excitedly. I roll my eyes amazed how she ate so much but sustained her perfect figure, this applied to everyone except Emily who didn’t eat as much as Leah and the boys.

“How do you do it? I’m eating healthy…well kind of and I’m gaining weight quicker than you can breathe air!” I exclaim amazed. Leah chuckles and swings her arm around me.

“Casey, you are aware you’re carrying a baby inside of you.” she says slowly, as if speaking to a small child.

“I know! But still, give me a break. I want to fit into to nice clothes after…” I whine and Leah giggles.

“Guys! She’s here!” Leah announces and I felt quite honoured as the boys, excluding Jake and Paul all rushed up and hugged me but immediately jumped back in case they hurt me or the bump.

“Casey, come sit down and have something to eat” Emily insists and Sam pulls up a chair for me beside him and Seth. I was grateful for the warmth, it was in the beginning of spring yet it was freezing here in Washington.

I nod, faintly and sit down as Seth rambles and informs me of his week in a matter of ten seconds. I couldn’t help chuckles. “Slow down buddy, I’m staying a while…” I tease and it causes the boys to laugh at Seth, which makes him blush. He really is adorable.

“How was school in Forks?” Embry asks, as he helped himself to another muffin. He already had two.

“Tiring” I admit and I notice Sam and Emily look at me concerned. I shrug and play with the food that was put on my plate. Suddenly, I had a huge wave of nausea. I was going to throw up. I hear the door open and someone shout “We’re back” and I shove back my chair, scraping it loudly and rush to the bathroom. Someone followed.

I managed to get there in time, and I vomited twice in the toilet, my stomach lurching and the bile burning my throat. I knew this wasn’t right, I should be past sickness by now.
I threw up once more but seeing as I had nothing left in my stomach, it was just bile and water. Ugh, how disgusting.

I feel my hair being pulled back as I retched again and I felt sorry for them as the smell was absolutely revolting. It made me even more nauseous.
The person was incredibly warm, and male as I felt a strong hand rub my back softly and comforting. I feel myself relax, and not want to vomit anymore.

“It’s okay, you’re okay” the voice, a deep smooth voice assures me and I wanted to melt. He sounded beautiful.
“I hate this” I mumble, sniffling as I feel emotional and embarrassed at the fact I threw up loudly. They were bound to hear me.

“I know, it’s okay” he soothes, and I realize he was right beside me, rubbing my back in small circular motions. I finally could sit up properly and I flushed the toilet, with help from my follower, I got up and washed my face and hands and mouth over the sink. I felt them hand me some mouth wash and I gratefully take it and my mouth instantly feels refreshed.

“Thanks” I say softly, and when I turned around, I froze.

Paul was standing there, giving me a look of worry and concern.
“Better?” he asks, he was standing right in front of me in all his glory, shirtless with those beautiful muscles showing. I was attracted to him, I mean who wouldn’t?

I nod silently and try keep my gaze from his extremely toned stomach.
“Thank you…for that” I say and Paul gives me a small smile that made my stomach feel funny, but I think it was just the baby moving.

“I’m sorry I was such a jerk before” Paul says, sounding genuinely guilty. I smile at him, wishing he wasn’t feeling bad.
“It’s fine. I didn’t take offence” I say, but it was the biggest lie ever. I was offended, I was quite upset over it actually.

“I hope not. We got off on the wrong foot. Can we maybe start over?” Paul asks, sounding shy and it seemed like it out of character. I smile brightly.

“I’d love to. Hi, I’m Casey Woodrow” I introduce cheerfully, holding out my hand.
“Pleasure to meet you, I’m Paul Reece” he says and shakes my hand, the feeling of our hands touching sent a tingly feeling up my arm.

“You too” I say, and I knew this could be the start of a beautiful friendship between Paul and I, what a shame it began when I finished throwing up in the bathroom. Ah, the beauty of pregnancy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey again, I hope you like this one.
I even double checked it, but if I missed any errors. My bad :/
Anyways, comment and subscribe.
I love all the people that commented and gave me HUGE encouragement and thank you as well to whoever else has read, this is my most respondsive story so I will concentrate on this. I'll make sure updates are frequent. Thanks again...<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPgwoYY_uWE

(this is the song mentioned earlier in the story) :) x