Status: Pretty Active

Oh Amelia

Lift You Up Until You Break

I jumped as I heard the knock on the door.

"Fuck!" I hissed. I was still too high for John to be here.

I hid all of my things and walked to the door.

"Hey there." John smiled sheepishly on my doorstep.

"Hey! I'm so glad you came." I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him. "Come in."

He stepped inside and looked around as he dug his hands in his back pockets.

"So what's going on? It's not everyday the beautiful Miss Amelia invites me over." He smiled.

I frowned at his choice in words. I looked down at my wedding ring and twisted it around my finger as I bit my lip.

"Oh, Amelia, I didn't mean to say-"

"No, it's fine." I told him in a high pitch as I shook my head. I took my wedding ring off and set it down on the counter top. I sat down on the barstool and began to spin my ring. "I think I just got fired from my job."

"Wait, what?" He exclaimed as he stood on the opposite side of the counter. He bent down with his elbows on the counter and tried to look into my eyes.

"I said I think I got fired." I repeated.

"What the fuck happened?" He exclaimed.

"I slept through the game tonight." I admitted with my head down.

"Oh fuck, Amelia! Because you were up so late at the party?"

"Yeah, but it's not your fault." I sighed.

"Of course it's my fault. I don't want you to think this is weird but I'm trying to take care of you. Someone has to."

I looked up at him in disbelief. I shot up from my seat and threw my ring across the room.

"Maybe I don't need anybody to take care of me, John." I exclaimed as I gripped my roots and turned away from him. I turned back around and angrily kicked the barstool across the kitchen.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"A lot of things." I chuckled as I wiped my nose.

"Amelia?" He asked as he took my hands in his.

"What?" I asked helplessly.

"Are you on drugs?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I cried as I pushed him away.

"I'm sorry! I just thought-"

"You thought what? That I was some kind of fucking drug addict?" I cried as tears started to fall.

"Amelia, please. I didn't mean it like that. I thought that maybe you were having a hard time adjusting to your new life. I wouldn't judge you-"

"Get out of my house, John." I ordered.

"Melia-" He sighed.

"Don't fucking call me that!" I screamed.

He walked out silently with his head down.

I ran over to the couch and grabbed a cushion. I buried my face in it and screamed until I was out of breath. I looked up and came face to face with my wedding photo.

"Fuck you, Andrew! You got the easy way out. Now I'm stuck here with my shitty life because you left me. You told me you'd be with me forever and now you're gone. And I'm still here and the only way I can get close to feeling as good as I did with you is getting high. Why is this happening? I need you to take care of me. Just tell me what to do, give me a sign." I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

Just then I heard the door open again. I peeked my head around the corner and saw John re-entering my house. He knelt down in front of me and took my face in both of his hands.

"I want you to know that you are loved, Amelia Cook."

I bit my lips as I looked away from him.

"Sometimes I feel like- I know I shouldn't- but I feel like Andrew is the only person on this earth that ever really loved me." I whispered.

He wiped a tear off of my cheek with his thumb and leaned in close.

"I can personally promise you that that's not true."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I've been unbelievably busy.

Thanks to Everdeen for the comment.

Comment and subscribe! Big chapter!