Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Prologue

“She’s beautiful,”

“Isn’t she, Phillip?” The new mother questioned, holding her newborn in her arms protectively, staring down at the bundle of joy that was her child.

“She’s looks just like you, Janine.”

“She has your nose and your brown hair color,”

“She has your beautiful, blue eyes,”

“We’re so lucky…” She murmured. “I love her so much.”

“I do, too, the both of you,” The father smiled and kissed her head lovingly, as well as his child’s.

“I’m going to do everything I can to make her happy,” She declared, and handed the baby girl to her husband, who took her gladly into his arms and began to sway with her back and forth.

“I promise I’m going to protect her—nothing is going to harm her.” He whispered, and took her miniature hand into his own, stroking the palm with his thumb. “My little Allia, I love you.”

-{}-

“Allia, come here! It’s dangerous at night!” Janine called, and watched as her ten-year-old daughter came running towards her, a smile on her small, pink lips.

“Sorry, momma!” The child yelled and ran into her mother’s warm and welcoming embrace.

“It’s fine, honey, I just don’t want anything to happen to you.” She said into her daughter’s luscious, dark brown locks. “Come on now, let’s go inside. Your father should be here any minute.”

The child cheered with happiness and skipped along inside with her mother. Allia helped her mother prepare dinner, and raced to her father’s side as he walked through the front door, looking grave—though his expression and mood became uplifted once his little girl was in his arms.

“There’s my girl,” He smiled, and hoisted her into the air, soon letting her rest upon his back. “How was your day, Allia?”

“Great! I went out and found some pretty flowers!”

“That’s great, Allia, I’m glad you had fun.” He smiled, and kissed her cheek lovingly as he set her back down.

Janine kissed Phillip and then smiled at her love. “How did it go?” She asked in hushed tones.

“Not too well,” He admitted in defeat, whispering so Allia wouldn’t be able to make out what he was reporting.

“Momma, Daddy, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, honey,” Janine replied with a smile. “Go to your room, and I’ll go and tuck you in later, alright?”

Allia nodded with enthusiasm. “Alright!” She smiled and ran down the small corridor and into her room, closing the door softly.

Janine sighed, dropping the charade she had while her daughter was around. “What are we going to do, Phillip?” She questioned sadly. “We can’t do anything to protect her—she’s… she’s in so much danger.”

Philip enveloped Janine in a comforting hug and rubbed her back soothingly, telling her that it would all be fine. “I promised that I would take care of her—protect her, and I’m going to do just that.”

“Phillip, they won’t take ‘no’ for an answer!”

“I know, I know they won’t. I… I… talked to Aro and… we discussed some things. I would let him take me instead of her. She’ll be fine and you both can escape from here, make it out alive.”

“Phillip, I can’t just leave you!”

“There’s no time for this, Janine!” He urged her. “This won’t last forever! If I don’t report back to him by tonight, they’ll come for her and kill us. I want you both to be safe. I’m doing this, Janine.”

Janine stayed silent and she was guided to a chair by Phillip who sat her down gently, staying down on one knee to remain at her eye-level. “I have to do this, Janine, we both know it.”

“I know… I just don’t want you to.”

He gave her a weak smile. “Lord knows, neither do I.” He smiled. “You both will know where to go. He’ll take care of the two of you. I know he will. Carlisle would never let me down.”
She nodded sadly and burst into silent tears, burying her face into the crook of his neck. “I love you, Phillip. You’ve given me everything I could ever want and more. You’ve given me love, kindness, and most importantly, Allia. I owe you everything.”

“You owe me nothing,” He smiled. “I’m lucky to have had you. Nothing will ever change that. I love you and Allia with all I have.” He paused and kissed her forehead tenderly. “I’m going to say goodbye to her one last time before I leave. I love you, Janine.”

“I love you, too, Phillip.” She blubbered out.

She watched her husband disappear into the hallway and walk into his little girl’s room.

Allia looked up and smiled when her father came into view. “Hey Daddy,”

“Hey honey,” He smiled back, walking over to her small bed and sitting on it. “I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” She asked happily.

Her ice blue eyes looked at him with joy and he felt a wave of innocence come from her, and guilt overcame him. She didn’t know what was happening. What would soon be happening…

“Allia, in this world there are many things.” He began, and pulled his daughter into his lap to make her feel secure. “There are the good and the bad, for example.”

“I don’t like the bad,” Her smile began to gradually fall from her lips.

“No one does, really.” He replied. “You always want to stay away from the bad people, Allia, they’ll hurt you in many ways. There are people who will use you and hurt you just to make themselves feel better—to feel satisfied.”

“Who are they, Daddy?”

“Vampires… they’re known as vampires.” He said gravely. “They’ll attack you and hurt you to do things that will make them feel better. I don’t want to tell you what they do exactly, it’s too grotesque for you to hear at this age. Avoid them at all costs. You’ll know who they are immediately when you’re older.”

“Why Daddy?”

“That’s just in their nature.” He sighed. “It cannot be helped. Promise me that you’ll avoid all vampires, but will trust in one in particular.”

“Of course, Daddy!”

He smiled. “That’s my girl. There’s one vampire who you can always trust no matter what—his name is Carlisle Cullen. He’s actually a friend of mine.” He said. “You and your mother have to find him. It’s like he’s playing hide-n-seek, alright?”

“That sounds fun, Daddy!” She shouted.

“It is fun, Allia,” he smiled and then hugged her. “Daddy has to go and run an errand right now, but I’ll be back—I promise. You can count on me.”

“Okay!”

He kissed the top of her head and then walked to the door. “I’ll see you,” He smiled. “Sleep tight, dream of me and your mother.”

She nodded eagerly and he walked out of the room.

Allia was just about to experience things that she would never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be more interesting, I promise! (;