World So Cold

Damon Salvatore

Listen

I quickly recovered and carefully arranged my face to remain neutral. He was leaning against the tree we had just jumped out of. “What are you doing here?” I asked sharply.

“I’m here merely to see you,” he said his voice as smooth as velvet. It was almost better than I remembered and just as hypnotizing. “I’ve missed you.”

He gracefully moved away from the tree, each movement controlled and precise. He reached out a hand to caress my cheek but I stepped away. His hand hung there for a moment more before he let it fall to his side again.

I looked him over. He was wearing all black: soft black boots, black jeans, black sweater, and leather jacket. His face was pale and his features were clearly defined and nearly perfect. His hair was black and he had pitch black eyes. He was slim but I could still see the muscles underneath his shirt. His mouth turned into a smirk and I quickly looked away from his body.

“What do you want, Damon?” I asked again after I found my voice, it was as cold as ice. His name coming from my lips sent a chill down my spine. He simply tsked his tongue.

“I don’t like repeating myself,” he warned.

“Then tell the truth,” I retorted. Quickly and seemingly effortlessly, Damon spun me around and pressed my body up against the tree he had been previously leaning against.

His hand was at my throat and he carefully held me carefully in place. Luckily I didn’t need to breathe because it would have been impossible. His face was merely inches from my own. I could feel his cool breath on my face. “Are you calling me a liar?” he asked looking at my lips. I couldn’t talk, couldn’t answer.

Damon’s grip loosened after a moment, but still held me in place. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear before looking me in the eyes. I stared into the pools of blackness. They were never ending, pulling you in so that you were falling, forever. His face seemed as close as ever, his lips mere inches away. I didn’t trust myself to speak. I didn’t trust myself to move.

I couldn’t look away from him. His hand moved along my jugular in my throat. He traced the vein down with his fingers, stopping at my heart. My heart started beating a bit quicker at his touch, the coolness of his skin. I suddenly felt too exposed in what I was wearing and wished for a jacket to cover myself.

Damon then released me from his grasp and took a step away. Being released from his grip also allowed me to clear my head. I was able to think clearly again. A smirk adorned Damon’s lips. He knew exactly what he’d done to me and he’d done it on purpose.

“I’d be careful, Princess. You don’t want to push me,” he warned. He used the nickname he used to call me. That’s what made my mind snap back into place. I was no longer spellbound by him. Like a bucket of cold water had been splashed on me, I woke up to reality.

“Or what you’ll kill me? You don’t know who I truly am,” I said, my own tone warning. He paused for a moment before speaking, as if choosing his words.

“You have a fire inside you that you didn’t have before,” he remarked not hiding the fact that he was checking me out. I really want that jacket. “I like it.” I saw mischief in his eyes.

His midnight eyes met mine again. For a second I was captivated before I turned away. I turned my back to him not trusting myself to look at him. If I did, I feared I would be lost. And there would be no going back. Damon was my weakness.

“You’re so trusting of me,” Damon whispered. He was right behind me. His breath tickled my ear. A gust of wind came and blew my hair to the side, exposing my neck. Damon put his hands on my waist also grabbing my wrists and pinning them there in the process. His hands held me in a tight grip. “You shouldn’t be.”

His lips pressed against my neck right along my artery. I tensed up, ready to fight him if I had to. He kissed my neck again and this time I felt his fangs graze my skin as he did so. I’d have to act soon. If I didn’t he’d find out, he’d know. And I couldn’t let that happen. At all costs I had to protect the secret.

“Why are you so tempting?” asked Damon. His fangs once again grazed my neck but this time with more force, not enough to draw blood but he did break skin. I tested his grip, I pulled forward against him. His hands held me with seemingly no problem and I could barely move. “It’s like I can’t resist you,” he noted.

“You have to, Damon,” I said. I couldn’t let him know, I wouldn’t. At all costs I had to protect the secret.

“Why do I have to do anything?” he asked. “I always do what I want, when I want.” He gave a mock bite, his fangs giving just enough force to not break skin, but I could feel it.

“Damon, you know vampire blood does nothing,” I reasoned. “There’s no life in it. It’d be a waste to kill me.” I hoped he would listen. I hoped he’d be strong enough to resist the urge. Many vampires weren’t. The urge was just too strong for them.

“There’s just something about you,” he murmured. Then quickly he let go of my waist. I stepped forward quickly and turned to face him. I regarded him closely. He seemed to be holding himself back. He wanted to bite me, drain me, drink me dry. I could read it in his expression. So many times I’ve seen it.

“You’re lucky I’m feeling generous tonight,” said Damon, his eyes, if possible, seemed blacker than before. “Now I suggest you leave before I change my mind,” he threatened.

I didn’t need to be told twice. In a blur of movement I ran away from Damon. Too bad my heart still stayed behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
The LONG awaited meeting of Juliet and Damon. Ik, FINALLY!!

Was it what you were expecting?