Zombie 2.0 1/2

Locked and loaded.

Dean made it to the front gates and tripped. He rolled a few feet and then laid on his back not moving. He wasn’t sure if it was over or not. More than one person depended on him and if he didn’t get up he would be responsible for three deaths. He slowly got up and finished jogging to the gate.

“PILOT! PILOT! NORMAN! SOMEONE! IVAN!” he was thrashing the gate.

Pretty soon he heard footsteps pounding on the ground.

“Dean? Is that you?” It was Ivan.

“Yes it’s me, you gotta open up. You gotta let me in…” He said out of breath.

“What’s wrong man?” Ivan asked opening the gate.

“We have to get Pilot to fly… my friend…Rev… he’s bleeding to death.”

“WHAT?!” Ivan turned and started running before Dean had a chance to repeat it.

“Pilot! HEY !” Ivan was yelling.

Two figures emerged and Pilot and Norman took one glance at Dean and they knew what to do.

“Boys, it’s time for the emergency packs. Get them and meet me at the chopper, go go!” Pilot looked at Dean. “Where are they?”

“About three hours drive from here. We didn’t make it far because some people held us at gun point… kind of fucked up our day.”

“Gun point? In all my time… that’s twice you guys have been held up by guns and crazy people, what the fuck is wrong with them, don’t they got enough problems trying to use their ammo for the zeds?”

“They told us they went and got fresh people to actually… like sacrifice to them. So they could stay alive.”

“Sick fucks.” Pilot confirmed.

“Alright we’re ready.” Norman showed up with two bags and Ivan was carrying what appeared to be a R.B.F.G. ( A really big fucking gun ).

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah, Banana was with me but she couldn’t make it, she’s about quarter of a mile away.”

“Lets get her and go!” Norman said.

...….

Banana was looking around nervously. She could hear zombies around her but couldn’t see them. It was dark and she had somehow misplaced her glasses. She wasn’t sure if she lost them in the roll, or if they were in the car.

She heard grunts and weird sounds that she knew could only belong to the dead. She looked around and clutched the bear.

If she had to, she would blow them the fuck up. No questions asked. She hoped she could chuck the bear far enough to where she wouldn’t catch herself in the explosion too.

The zombies were now coming from all sides and she sighed. “Let’s hope this works.”

But as soon as she said it she heard the familiar thud thud of the chopper.

“Thank god, bout time.” She muttered and looked up in time to see the lights.

“Hey stranger.” Came a voice on the loud speaker.

She waved with the middle finger.

“Hey be nice or we won’t pick you up.” Came another voice, she knew it was Norman.

When the chopper set down Banana ran for her life, teddy bear still in hand.