Zombie 2.0 1/2

A few hours into a long and depressing future.

Norman, Ivan, and Pilot glanced between each other feeling slightly uncomfortable. Off to the side you could see Banana and Rev all gloomy like and to the other you saw the same thing. Just it was Dean and Deci.

“So….” Norman decided to speak up. “What is the plan guys?”

“Well. We could backpack down and into ‘civilization’. Then maybe get some gas for the helicopter. Or we could still backpack down and search for working vehicles. Really its up to you guys.” Pilot offered.

“Maybe should have a vote?” Ivan asked.

No one said anything.

“Why don’t we just vote and ignore the emo kids.” Norman said to Ivan, growing tired of it.

“Wait, wait. Look, if you think that there might be working vehicles then maybe we should go down.” Dean said standing up.

“There is a good chance that there are other vehicles down there. The odds of the gas in them could be good since most of them were abandoned.” Pilot said.

“Then we should give it a go. I’ll go.” Dean said.

Deci stood up. “Me too.”

“You can’t go.” Rev said to Deci. She ignored him.

“We can be down and back in at least an hour, two at tops. We’ll let you know if we find anything, we’ll set off a flare.” Dean said already packing things in his bag.

“Then if Deci is going I’m going.” Banana said standing up. “I usually am not much for risking my life and what not but I think maybe it’ll be a good thing to get out of this damn cave.”

“Then I’m going too.” Rev said.

Deci and Dean glanced at Rev and Banana. They had a minor staring contest and then Dean sighed.

“Fine you guys can go. I don’t have a problem with that as long as we can do our work and not let things or feelings get in the way.”

Banana grunted. “Yeah fine with me.”

“Are you guys sure that you all should go off together? We’ve noticed uh… things are a little tense between you four…” Pilot said.

“We’re fine.” Deci said.

“If you’re sure. We’ll wait here and work on some more devices to kill the zombies… you guys go and see if you can find a working vehicle.”
The four of them packed their things and then set off in hopes to find what they were looking for.