Zombie 2.0 1/2

Who knew.

Deci ran out of the building as though her head were on fire. She bolted strait for her truck ignoring Pilot who was watching her curiously.

“Dean! Dean, Rev… BANANA!” she jumped in to the back of the truck and beat on the window.

“What!?” Came a voice from inside.

“Banana it’s me, open up now.”

At the tone of her voice Banana opened her window and looked out. “What’s wrong? Did Dean leave you alone too?”

“No this is serious. Man these zombies, the ones we’ve been meeting they are nothing! They’re getting smarter and faster.”

“What are you talking about?” Banana stuck her head out more fully now.

“By the end of this before it’s all over… they’re going to be super fast and hungry. We won’t stand a chance unless we get to the mountain and fast.”

“Wait, how do you know this?”

“Because look at these figures.”

Banana took them and looked at them carefully. “How do you know whoever wrote them isn’t crazy or something? Or maybe this was written before the actual zombies.”

“No, no look… they were all over the wall in there whoever wrote it obviously was living it…”

“So… did things look fresh to you in there?”

“What do you mean? All I found were a few things that weren’t important…a bottle of piss… Norman found what he was looking for, seemed rather simple if you ask me, but still.”

“Deci… do you think whoever wrote these will come back soon?”
She paused. “Maybe.”

“Well did you check out anything else? Maybe oh I dunno… to see if the person is nuts and going to kill us when they get back for stealing their shit?!”

Deci wasted no time in running to tell the others.

“I don’t know, it’s possible. Norman get a hurry on what you’re doing we need to clear out.” Pilot said.

“Oh come on, as far as we know it could just be a bunch of hot girls.” Norman’s voice came from inside of the hood of the vehicle.

“Stop messing around and get on it.” The tone he used warned he wasn’t messing around.

“Where is Dean? Has anyone seen him?”

“He and Rev went to go check around in another shed they found sitting out a ways. They said it looked like smoke was coming from it.” Pilot said.

Deci didn’t need to hear the rest. She took off running to get Banana and then they hopped in the truck and started it, driving off in the direction of the shed.

“DEAN!” Banana was yelling when she saw him walking back by himself.

“What?”
“I’m so happy you’re alive!”

Deci looked at Banana and she sighed. “Oh who cares. We know I’m happy he’s alive no matter how much I deny it.”

“Where is Rev?” Deci asked.

“I don’t know he said he wanted to head back and apologize to you while you were alone in the shed. You didn’t see him?”

“No…”

Dean hopped on the back of the truck and Banana drove it back to where Norman was just shutting the lid on the truck.

“Have you guys seen Rev?” Dean yelled.

“Nah, last time I knew he was with you.” Norman said.

Deci had an uneasy feeling in the stomach. “I need to find him. We can’t leave him behind.”

Dean raised an eye brow. “We wouldn’t leave him behind.”

“Easy for you to say. You left someone alone for a pie, sure it was funny but this is dangerous shit.”

“Why is she freaking out? Deci, why are you freaking out?” Dean looked at her.

“She found papers in there that maybe you should take a look at.” Banana said.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll explain later, we have to go find Rev now.”

“We’re going to go sit on the main road just a way, if he turns up I’ll let you know.” Pilots said.

Dean got in the truck with Banana and Deci hopped on back. She grabbed a big gun that Pilot had let them have and sat with it clutching it for moral support.

They drove back to the direction in which Dean had told them Rev was and hoped that he could be found. Sure enough when they got back Rev was walking down the road.

“Where have you been!?” Deci yelled.

“What?” He looked confused and angry. “What do you mean where have I been, where the fuck have you guys been? I came got here and knew where they were at least then you guys were gone and so were they, I thought you guys had left me the fuck behind!”

“We wouldn’t leave you.” Deci said softly. “I wouldn’t let them. You’re spose to be my partner in this.”

“Well you are spose to be mine but all you’ve done is be mad at me-.” He was cut off by the sound of the back window in the truck shutting and Dean gave them a ‘You need time to yourselves’ look.

Deci grunted. She turned back to Rev. “Look, I’m sorry. I found something and I went to tell Banana but she didn’t know where you were. We went and found Dean and he told us where you were headed. This is why we don’t go off on our own.”

“Yeah well some of us need our alone time you know.” He grumbled.

“I’m sorry. I am.”

Rev shook his head and crawled up on to the back of the truck and Banana started to the meeting point.

“We had to get out of there fast, whoever owned that building or was staying in it was going to come back. They weren’t far. I’m surpised actually we didn’t see them.”

“There were more people?” He asked. His angry tone hadn’t vanished completely but it wasn’t as angry.

“Yeah…and they wrote these.” She handed him the papers she had found.

He read over them and then breathed out. “Shit.” He said. “So all this time we thought that zombies weren’t that bad really cuz, let’s face it, we’ve been lucky mother fuckers… Turns out it aint luck after all eh?” he read them once more and handed them back. “So they’re only going to get worse from here aren’t they?”

She nodded. “Way worse. They’re gonna get smarter and start getting faster… I can’t keep up with that. I mean so far yeah I’ve been able to pull most of my own weight with the exception of a few times, but if they start running and getting smarter? I won’t be able to out run them.”

“Calm down.” He said. He slid over next to her and leaned up against the back of the truck. “You don’t have to worry about it. From now on I promise I won’t wander off on my own. Unless I make sure you guys know where I am. I apologize for running off.”

“It’s fine. I understand the whole ‘need space’ thing. But we just found out that shit is only about to get worse. We really need to stick together from here on out.”

“So…and don’t call me a paranoid bitch either, what about Pilot and Norman and Ivan… Do you think they’re really gonna be able to help out or will they slow us down? I mean Pilot just a little bit ago was gonna go all noble and … well I wouldn’t call it noble if you want to be honest here I think he was a little suicidal, but… he wanted to just give up… what makes anyone think that he won’t do that when we really need him to pull it together?”

“He was in the military. He wouldn’t do that… I don’t think.”

“Maybe that’s what did it to him in the first place. Military can really fuck with people.”

Finally they reached where Norman and the others had driven to. They pulled up along side them.

“Now that we have had most of our time taken away from us in having to deal with car troubles, I think it’d be a good idea to drive as long as we can.” Pilot said. “We should reach the mountain in a day at most two if we keep encountering problems. Then when we set up and know everything is safe, we’ll forge.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Dean yelled.

Pilot nodded and pushed the big eighteen-wheeler forward once more.