‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Sequel to Second Heartbeat

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

The next day, I was practically skipping down the steps of my house to go down to breakfast and it felt like I was a new vampire again. So much energy, so much to explore and for some odd reason, there was a longing need to look into the eyes of William Dean Martin. That was odd, especially since I rolled over to find Zacky not in bed and he normally does not get up before me.

“Hey sis, good to see you this beautiful morning!” I exclaimed, sitting down across from her at the table as she was eating a plate of pancakes and sausage links. “You’re here pretty early.”

“You know me, never gonna miss a chance to have breakfast and the boys wanted to come hang out with their cousins.” She said, after taking a big gulp of cherry Pepsi, some old habits die hard.

“This is true, so Billy tells me that I’m taking over as the coven leader now that the wolf is gone?” I ask, watching as she nods and looks up at me.

“It is your rightful place you know, you were the one that killed William and because of that you should have become leader then and there, but the wolf prevented them from trusting you to the full extent… they chose me.” She explained and I nodded, walking over to the oven to get food off of the top, when something caught the corner of my eye.

“What the hell is happening over there?” I ask, running outside to find Zacky holding Billy up by his throat. “Zacky put him down!”

“No, he crossed the line and now…Justice, don’t look at me like that.” He whined as I made my way over to him, glaring him down the whole way.

“Tell me how he crossed the line, Zachary James Baker?” I question him, putting a hand on his shoulder, making him drop Billy from his death grip. He stared at me, glancing at Billy and sighed angrily.

“Ask him yourself, I’m going for a smoke with Brian and try not to kill this mother fucker the next time I see him.” He walked away, leaving me open mouthed and shocked at how he was acting. Why was he acting so jealous all of a sudden?

“Billy, do you understand what he is talking about?” I asked and he wouldn’t meet my gaze.

“I think I know what is going on…” Killa said, staring at the both of us, a shit eating grin forming on her face. “You two drank from each to each other didn’t you?”

“What? No!” I exclaim and look at him. “Well…he was letting me drink from to strengthen myself…he…you…oh my god Billy!” I exclaim, glaring at him. “You promised me you would stop!”

“I’m sorry…God Damnit, no I am not sorry. I have wanted you since we bonded in the mansion when Zacky was too far up William’s ass. I held you multiple nights while you bawled your eyes out and confided in me with everything. Does that mean nothing to you?” he asked, anger and pain welling up in his voice and I got down on his level.

“Of course, it means something to me Billy…but I’m married with two kids, one who has a super crush on you and…” I stand up, feeling tears spring from my eyes and Killa sighed.

“I can’t punish you Billy, I’m no longer your coven leader, but if I was you wouldn’t be touching your powers for a month.” Killa growled, biffing him upside the head.

“I like the sound of that, along with you babysitting the children while Killa and I go shopping.” I snap at him, making my way to the car while Killa followed behind me. “I don’t know if I can do this and it’s only my first day on the job.” I mutter once I was in the car, looking over to see Killa rolling her eyes.

“You were born to lead, do you not remember last year when we stormed William’s mansion and you took charge better than anyone else on that battlefield.” She said, causing me to stare her down.

“I also had the assistance of a wolf…”

“Oh come on you have to give yourself some credit, each part of yourself hated that man for everything that he put you through. Sure he saved you from Ronnie, but he took Zacky away…then me and put you through hell after a wonderful night with the man you love.” She explained, while I stopped at the mall.

“I guess, but I don’t know the first things…could you teach me?” I ask and she glanced at me.

“Kiddo, I was barely there…I was mostly Adam’s bitch for most of my time… I really don’t know how to be a leader for a coven. Ask Billy when you are done being so angry with him, he was my second in command.”

Somehow I knew that was going to be her suggestion and at this moment in time…I hated the idea more than anything else. I shouldn’t be so angry, because there was a part of me that wanted what we had at the mansion. But now that I had two kids and a husband and for some reason, Billy still wanted me. I didn’t understand how.

~*~
We spent five hours shopping and three of that was getting tattoos, that now as vampires we could sit through and really not feel the pain that was impacting our skin. She got The Nightmare Before Christmas sleeve she has wanted for most of her life, while I got my chest piece done. It consisted of a single red rose in the middle of my boobs that branched off with vines on either side and went up to a single rose on both ends. There was a black ribbon going up to both roses that had Jesebelle’s and Camille’s name and birthdays in red lettering.

I was very proud of it for sure, considering it was going to be a huge surprise for Zacky and maybe make him hate me less.

“Guys, we are home!” Killa yelled as soon as we walked through the door and Brian picked her up, spinning her happily.

“Welcome home beau…holy shit, look at your arm! That is beautiful, you are beautiful!” he said kissing her like it was the last thing on Earth he had to do. She was laughing into the kiss and pulled away.

“Thank you my silly husband…now, let’s head outside since that is where I’m assuming everyone is. I can’t go swimming.” She said making the realization suddenly and pouted, “But it’s so hot!”

“Yeah one of the downsides of tattoos, who knew right?!” Brian chuckled as he led her down the stairs.

“Your tattoo is extravagant sweetheart.” Zacky said, walking up to me and touching along the edges of my v neck.

“Thank you darling…you don’t hate me anymore do you?” I asked, weakly as I didn’t meet his eyes, but he brought my chin up and I met his green eyes that were staring down at me in disbelief.

“Darling, I could never hate you, I was upset with the situation yeah…but I could never hate you.” He said, bringing me into his arms and kissing me, before he pulled away. “So, Billy and I talked and I’m fine with the situation as long as no funny business happens. Original vampires, much like Adam, had more than one mate at a time, so this isn’t really all that strange.”

“True, this is what most people forget about, especially with all the books that are out on vampires today.” I state, making my way outside and he stops me.

“We have one more thing to talk about before you go outside.” His tone was more serious then I had heard it in a long time.

“What about?”

“I think you know what about.” He said as I turned to look at him and he was staring outside at Killa. “Believe me, I don’t like this as the next person, but she has to go and as coven leader it is your job to protect your coven and family at any means necessary.”

“But she is my family…” I felt like my heart was breaking all over again and I looked outside to find both Killa and Billy staring at me. “I don’t want people to die though…I guess I really do have to do this huh?”

“For the good of our kind, it would be what’s best in order to keep everyone safe.” He states and I nod.

“I will do it tonight, when everyone is asleep.” I state, before walking outside and enjoying the company of my friends and family.

~*~
“So what’s up Kiddo? Why were you so distracted during dinner?” Killa asked me, while we were up on the roof of the house.

“Zacky talked to me about the responsibilities of a coven leader and said I had a choice to make.” I mutter, looking up at the stars and I felt her shift beside me.

“Let me guess, because of what Adam said about killing three people if I didn’t come back…as much as I hate to admit it, he is right.” She said sadly, sitting up and looking around. “You should worry; I have friends on the inside that can help me sneak out without detection.”

“You do? Who would that be?” I ask, feeling like she is saying that just to make me feel better.

“I’m sure you have heard of him, DJ Ashba?” She asks, smiling my way as my mouth dropped open and I felt my inner fan girl come to life.

“No way! You aren’t joking are you?” I question her, rolling onto my stomach and looking up at her with excitement as I propped my head up on my elbows.

“No, he’s here right now too.” She said chuckling as a figure popped onto the roof from the shadows.

“Talking about me now huh?” the DJ Ashba asked, standing right next to my sister and he stared down at me curiously. “I see the family resemblance, it’s nice to finally meet William’s killer, I have to say that you are pretty well known in the vampire realm.”

“You’re kidding right?” I ask looking over at Killa who shakes her head no, “Well, I guess that is good right?”

“In some senses, in other there are quite a few vampires who want to watch you burn for allowing a mutt to inhabit you.” He said and my eyes widened, then narrowed.

“She was a wolf and as they all should know, I no longer possess her within my body.” I state defensively and he holds up a hand.

“Oh believe me dear, I am very aware and I was just giving you warning to what you may have to expect now that you are coven leader.” He said then glanced down at Killa. “Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah I am.” She said, standing up and I followed her action and gave her a long hug, not really wanting her to leave. “Don’t worry; I will be back in time for breakfast.”

“I will hold you to that and Ashba?” I ask, turning my attention to him.

“Yes?”

“Take care of her and thank you…for the warning.” I state and he nods, smiling at me with a toothy grin.

“Call me Daren and no problem on both accounts, she is in good hands don’t you worry your little redhead.” He chuckles as they both vanish into the night. I sighed, jumping down from the roof and coming face to face with Billy.

“I’m shocked you followed through on that.” He said, bringing me into a hug, since I must have looked about ready to cry. I felt electricity flow through our bodies and shuddered from the pure ecstasy of it all.

“Believe me, I didn’t want to…do you think you could teach me about being a coven leader tomorrow?” I asked, keeping my arms around my neck and looking into his beautiful hazel eyes.

“Yes I could…you know, you are tempting me so much right now and I’m not sure how far I can go with you.” He whispers, his voice husky with desire, which just sent my stomach in frenzy.

“Oh am I?” I bat my eyelashes, biting my lip seductively. “What’cha going to do about it?”

“I’m going to take you inside to go to bed, so you will stop tempting me…I’m not going to push things, honestly I’m completely content in courting you milady.” He smiles, taking my hand and kissing the top of it, causing my face to heat up.

“Billy, you’re making me blush.”

“Oh am I, milady?” he chuckles and spins me into him, bringing me into a slow waltz which causes my face to heat up more. He slows down even more, bringing me close to his chest and placed his head on top of mine. “Let’s get you to in the house; you need to sleep next to your husband my dear.”

As much as it pained me to see him go from perfectly content to an aggressive jealous man in a matter of minutes, he was right. My body was starting to bog down and I felt my body wanting to be in Zacky’s arms for the night. Though somewhere, a voice was telling me to go with Billy instead and I had to fight it with every whim. He took me inside and hugged me tightly against him before wishing me a good night, walking to his room. I walked upstairs and crawled into bed with my sleeping husband and passed out, allowing my dreams to take me to an alternate universe where everything was so much different.

Tomorrow is a new day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,

so it's been a while since I have updated this, but it is done!!
Got some major inspiration and been brainstorming with my sister.
Please enjoy, if you haven't read the Prequel: Second Heartbeat, please
go back and do so!
READ/SUBSCRIBE/RECOMMEND!
Until next time!