Status: R.I.P. The Rev

Story of My Life

Go to Your Happy Place

But everybody thinks
that everybody knows
about everybody else.
Nobody knows anything.

"Hey," I said walking up to my sister and her friends. They just looked at me for a second before whispering something in Courtney's ear.

"Don't forget to ask, we'll see you tomorrow."

"Hi Kim," Cassie said with her trademark grin.

I nodded at smiled back. You can't help but smile with that girl.

"So what's with all the whispering?" I asked Courtney a few minutes later.

"Melanie wanted to know if I could come to her sleepover Friday," she said softly.

As if I was going to say no.

"Go if you want to. I just need to know when you leave and when you're coming back."

"Thank you."

I got attacked in one of her bear hugs and I patted her back before setting her down.

"So what took you so long to get there?"

"This guy was bugging me."

"When are guys not bugging you?"

I looked at her curiously. I don't purposely shelter her. I mean, she's going to learn these things sooner or later. I don't want her fucked over because she was too naïve. But I didn't know that she knew about that shit yet.

So I decided to see just how much she knows.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I mean. You're beautiful, even my friends tell me that. They're older brothers even talk about you," Courtney said in this obvious tone.

"I know I am not ugly but I'm far from this beautiful that you guys are talking about. The guys? Well, they just want a good lay."

She nodded like she understood, but I'm not sure she really does.

"Just remember Courtney, who you are is much more important than what's between your legs."

"Okay."

"Now come on, we need to speed things up today. We're already late."

I opened the door with my key and groaned at the mess. How can he fuck up the house this much in a few hours?

I took the two garbage cans into the living room and started sorting cigarette butts, beer bottles, magazines, and other shit in the "Garbage" and "Recycling" cans. I may be a bitch but I do care about the earth. I mean it's the only one we got and once it's gone,

it's gone.

I put the BBQ ribs in the oven and went back to cleaning.

Courtney was sweeping, mopping, and using the rag on the counters and tables. I dodged another piece of broken glass and pulled out the vacuum. I was almost done when I noticed this huge red spot on the white carpet. I sighed and got out the shaving cream, Awesome, and a metal spoon before going on my hands and knees scrubbing it.

I got the last of the shaving cream off it and stepped back to view my work. Unless you are really looking for it, a person wouldn't know it was there.

The oven went off and I pulled out the chicken and tested it before sticking it back in for a few more minutes. I washed some dishes with Courtney drying them before I pulled dinner out of the oven.

I heard the car pull into the driveway and told my sister to go upstairs.

I heard the key unlocking the door. Carters dress shoes pounded like heavy boots as he entered the room. He looked around, zeroing his gaze on me.

"Have you made dinner yet?"

"Yes, it will be done in a few minutes."

"Good, good. How was your day at school, Kim?"

"Fine," I answered hesitantly.

He moved around pulling off his shoes and jacket.

Setting the food in front of him I stood there silently and obediently.

"This tastes like a piece of shit," he spat out angrily and stood up.

I flinched backing knowing what was coming. I wish I could stand up to him.

Carter grabbed my arm roughly and dragged me a few feet away to his room.

He pushed me on his bed and climbed over me.

"Please don't," I pleaded pathetically.

His eyes were glazed over. He was too out of it, too drunk. He wasn't going to stop.

"I was going to be gentle tonight but you just had to try to poison me with the god damn ribs."

He pressed his lips to mine, shoving his tongue in my mouth.

"Kiss me back Kim," Carter demanded angrily. He roughly grabbed me between the legs.

My face hardened. I disconnected from reality.

I could vaguely feel his hand under my shirt. I reached behind me and unhooked my bra knowing the sooner I removed my clothes the faster it will be over.

Think of your happy place.

Rainbows, Pony's, and Unicorns. Where love exists. There's no pain or sadness.

My shorts were torn off quickly. His calloused hands brushed my sex. I writhed underneath him, a fresh wave of panic going through me.

No! I don't want this!

Think of your happy place

I'm with Jared and he never dumped me. I'm having sex with Jared and not Carter.

I felt him repeatedly thrust into me.

Think of your happy place.

Jared looks me in the eyes and says that he loves me. He really means it.

He grabbed my breasts.

Think of your happy place.

Jared. Jared. Jared.

"That was amazing, baby," he slurred giving me one last sloppy kiss.

I laid there for a minute before inching out of bed. I winced, standing up.

After grabbing night cloths I walked to the bathroom. I turned on the water as hot as it would go. I stood there far after the water turned ice cold. No matter how many times I was forced to have sex with him I couldn't shake the feeling off.

I crawled under the covers crying silently.

Kim

Kim

Kim

I felt something roughly hit my face.

"Wake the fuck up Kim."

I looked up at Carter exhausted. My face felt tight.

"I wore you out last night, didn't I? He asked playfully. He kissed my red cheek softly.

I cringed.

"Well I have work and you got school. Up, up."

Another day of the life of Kim Rowe