Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

I'm Not Insane

I stared out of the hospital window that was next to my bed. It was quiet, everyone had finally left after I was moved into my new room. Dad had shown up and had quickly wrapped me in a hug telling me over and over again I wasn't suppose to do it again.

"It's not like I meant for this to happen." I thought. I fell back down in the uncomfortable bed and growled before throwing my pillow at the wall.

A knock was heard from the door. "Miss?"

I looked over at the door, and I felt tears in my eyes.

"Miss you have a visitor." the nurse said as she poked her head through the gap. I rolled my eyes before covering them with my cast, which was now black.

"I don't care." I whispered. I heard the footsteps and then felt the stare as the body that sat next to me sat something soft next to my arm.

"You should care."

I removed my cast from my face and looked over at the bright blue eyes.

"...Leo." I whispered his name blinking then noticing the stuffed bear that was next to me.

"Hey." he said with a grin. I then noticed his lip piercing. He was wearing a pair of baggy jeans and a Iron Maiden shirt.

I sat up with wide eyes. "What, what are you doing here?" I asked

He gave me a small smile. "I can't visit you now?" he asked

"No you can it's just."

"Just what?"

I looked away. " I don't know why you would." I said softly.

He leaned forward resting his arms on his knees. "You really want to know?" he asked

I looked at him through the corner of my eye. "Not really." I whispered

He gave me a grin before he looked down at his watch.

"I have to get going." he said softly. I looked over at him then.

"But you just got here." I said

He stood up and leaned over, and I felt the cool metal of his lip ring on my forehead.

"I can't stay long, I have to go JoJo." he whispered before I watched him walk out.

My left hand found the soft bear's fur and soon I was wrapping my arms around it staring at the door.

'He comes, then he goes just as quickly.' I thought looking at the bear before my gaze went to the window.

"Knock, Knock." came from outside the door. I looked over and saw Dan, Eric and CiCi.

"JoJo!!" CiCi exclaimed as she tossed her arms around my neck.

"Hi CiCi." I said into her neck as Dan and Eric chuckled and kissed my cheeks.

"We missed you Jo." Dan said as he sat on my left side throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Missed you too even though I saw you guys earlier." I said with a grin.

"Hey Jo, who gave you the bear?" asked Eric as he sat down at the foot of the bed looking at my bear.

"Umm, this guy named Leo." I said looking at the bear and fingering one of it's ears.

"It's so cute." CiCi said with wide eyes.

"Who is Leo?" asked Dan with a confused look on his face.

"He was up here a few minutes ago you probably passed him on the way up." I said

They all looked at each other, "We didn't see anyone, and they have to sign in to get to your room Jo." said Eric.

I blinked."A nurse brought him up here, I saw her with my own eyes." I said looking at them all.

"Maybe you should take a nap, JoJo." CiCi said giving me a sad smile.

I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm not sleepy." I said

"Of Course not sweetie." said Dan as he kissed my forehead.

They all got up and slowly started to make their way out the room.

"We'll come by tomorrow, when your feeling better Jo." said Eric as they left the room. I stared wide eyed at the closing door.

"What . The . Fuck ." I said

"Do they think I'm insane? I didn't imagine Leo up, hell I don't think I could." I sighed looking at the bear in my arms.

"You are cute though." I said with a grin.