Status: Complete. Sequel out!

Desires Of The Unknown

"He kisses my booboos,"

I sighed as I heaved myself out of bed. Valentine was gone, but the kids were still in the bed. I got out quietly and looked at the clock. I picked up Terence and took him to Carlos’ room.
“Carlos, I’m going to get the kids ready for school,” I whispered. “Terence is gonna sleep in here.”
“Mhm,” he grunted, moving over so I could put Terence down.
I put him down and kissed his forehead before going back to my room and waking up Charlie. I shook him lightly.
“Charlie, it’s time to get ready for school.”
He blinked a couple times before whispering, “Can I wake up my brother?”
“Are you gonna jump on him?”
He nodded and gave a small smile. “Yeah.”
I smiled and nodded. “Go get him.”
He got out of bed, giggling as he ran past Valentine out of the door. I shook my head as a smile, a real smile, graced my lips. But it was soon dropped as I sat on the bed. The things those kids went through shouldn’t even be thought of.
While she was in her father’s care, Savannah was never once given a complement. She was beaten for years. Sierra and Stephanie were never really paid attention to. Charlie and Gordon watched as their parents were murdered. Nothing in this world I was taught to help makes sense.
I willed the tears back, but they just coming forward. I rested my elbows on my knees and buried my face in my hands. Valentine came to my side and sat down, resting his hand on my back moving it in slow circles. I leaned into his side and moved my face into the left side of his chest. I swung my legs onto his lap so it would be more comfortable.
Normally, I wouldn’t cry in front of people. But my wall just broke as I thought about the kids. I leaned into him and sobbed. I couldn’t help it. He made me feel things. I loved it, but at the same time, I hated it. I wanted it to stop.
What if he found out who I was? What if he told is he found out? Why don’t I push him away? Why can’t I just be happy to have a feeling other than disgust for this world? Why are all these questions swimming in my head as Valentine is letting me cry in his lap?
I wiped my eyes and moved my legs off of Valentine’s lap. I got off the bed without a second thought or glance at Valentine. He got up and left the room so I could get dressed.
I walked down the stairs, my heels making a small click that echoed in the quiet house. I was confused as to why it was so quiet. The kids should have been up and waiting for me to make breakfast. I turned into the kitchen and leaned against the wall.
Valentine was putting a pancake on Savannah’s plate and the other kids were eating quietly. He looked up at me with a smirk. He walked over and kissed my cheek. We had to act like a couple at home too. It sucked, in my opinion.
“Hey baby.”
“Don’t call me that.”
“She thinks it’s degrading and over used,” Savannah said before shoving more pancake into her mouth.
“Yeah, what Savannah said.”
He smirked and dipped his head, as if to kiss me. I ducked away, laughing softly at him. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a juice box out of it.
“We leave in fifteen.”
I gave the rest of the juice box to Gordon, who was looking at me with a pout. I went to the entrance hallway and checked to make sure the kids had everything.
Savannah’s stuff was already in her locker. Gordon had a Transformers backpack. Charlie had an Elmo backpack. Stephanie had a Wizards of Waverly Place. Sierra had a Hannah Montana one.
I sighed and made sure the kids had everything they needed in their bags. I called to them when the fifteen minutes passed. They filed in and I handed them their backpacks.
I grabbed the keys to the Suburban and told all the kids to go out to it. I motioned for Valentine to go out before me. He shook his head and played the gentlemen. I rolled my eyes and walked out to the Suburban.
“Why are you wearing heels?” Valentine asked, taking the keys my hand.
“It’s a requirement to wear them at least twice a week. Extra credit if you wear them more.”
“Does that apply to men too?”
“I’m not sure.” I sat in the passenger seat. I smirked at him, “But it’s doesn’t for boys.”
He smirked at me and turned the key in the ignition. “Love, I’m far from a boy.”
“Mhm,” I grunted sarcastically.
“Can we not talk about this when I’m the only other person that understands you?” Savannah asked.
“Sure.” I turned in my seat to look at her. “If any guy tries to hit on you or make you feel violated, use the technique I showed you. If he still doesn’t back down, call me.”
“Or tell them that you know me. I’m sure they’ll stop.” Valentine said.
I rolled my eyes. “Call me.”
She nodded and I turned back to the front to see we had arrived at the elementary school. I got out after telling Valentine to stay in the car with Savannah. I walked the boys to their class and then brought the twins to their kindergarten class.
“Hello, I’m Miss Fletcher” the teacher smiled at me, then the two girls hiding behind me. “Who are these lovely ladies?”
“Stephanie and Sierra Morley.”
“And you?”
I shook her out stretched hand as I told her, “Jen Morley, their older sister.”
When she retracted her hand, she left something in my palm. She was a spy. A pretty good spy at that. I silently praised her.
“Morley, that sounds so familiar.”
“You might have had Charlie, their older brother.”
“Oh,” she said. “He didn’t talk much.”
“He still doesn’t, but we love him anyway.”
“He kisses my booboos,” Sierra said, poking her out from behind me.
Miss Fletcher nodded with a smile. “Why don’t you girls go to the story mat, you can meet some very nice kids there.”
“Will I see Charlie today?” Sierra asked me.
“Recess after lunch you will.”
She nodded as Stephanie took her to the matt. I smiled at Miss Fletch before bidding her a goodbye.
I walked out of the building to the Suburban. We still had about forty-five minutes until we even had to be at school.
“Wanna go to Burger King?” I asked.
“We just ate,” Valentine said.
“No, you ate,” I pointed out. “I had to make sure the kids had what they needed.”
“I could go for some OJ,” Savannah said.
Valentine glanced at me with a smirk. “I guess I could use some coffee.”
I gave him a cheeky smile. “I love you,” I sang sarcastically.
He rolled his eyes and cut the engine after he parked. “Let’s go before I hurt you.”
“Like you could.”

“Jen,” I heard her sniffle on the other side of the phone.
I pushed away from the table quickly, making Valentine give me a funny look a follow me as I walked out. I stopped just outside the door of the dining hall.
“What happened?”
“They thought it would be-be fun-ny to pick on me.”
“Pick on you how sweetie?”
“They kept putting their hands up my shirt and feel me up. I-I don’t know wh-what to do.”
I took a deep breath to calm myself. “Where are you and who did it?”
“Some junior boys. They’re in your school. I’m in the bathroom by the dining hall.”
I shut my phone and went straight to the bathroom. I looked around and saw her on the ground by the sink. I crouched in front of her as Valentine walked in and locked the door.
“Do you know their name?” She shook her head. “Do you know where they are?”
“The training center.”
“How many?”
“Two,” she said, subconsciously moving closer to me.
“Watch her,” I said to Valentine.
“Where are you going?”
I stopped at the door and unlocked the door. I turned my head, “Give me your top shirt.”
“Why?”
“Just do it,” I snapped.
He took it off and threw at me. I caught it easily and swiftly walked out of the bathroom and to the training center. Everyone was practically diving out of my way. I was on the war path and everyone could tell.
I couldn’t fathom the reason why anyone would do that. She was eleven. She’s been through too much and that happens. I would make sure they pay, with either blood or tears, hopefully both.
I pushed the doors opened harshly. I was thankful that the only people in there were two boys. They were laughing about something while hitting the punching bag back and forth. Oh, this will be fun, I though.
I drop Valentine’s shirt on the ground and walked across the floor, the click of my heels gaining the attention of the boys. I stopped in the middle and cocked my right hip out, giving them a smirk. They looked at each other and made their way to me.
I grabbed the hand of the tallest boy and flipped him easily. Then, I kicked my right foot leg up and swiped my heel on the other’s face, the side of my foot hitting his temple and my heel cutting his cheek pretty deep. He fell to the ground, his right cheek bleeding. I stepped on the first’s throat with my left foot, making him cough.
“Touch her again, and I’ll be forced to kill you.”
I took my foot off his neck. He was obviously better than his friend when it came to combat. He quickly grabbed my foot and twisted it, making me fall onto my stomach. I smirked, glad I could beat the shit out him.
I kick my foot, trying to get free. I heard a crack and a small cry of pain. I smirked again, glad I broke his nose. I quickly turned onto my back and quickly jumped up as he did too. His friend had passed out due to something, hopefully my kick.
He kicked my stomach, making me grunt. I growled and dropped while turning, taking his feet out from under him. He fell to back, coughing, making the blood that dripping into his mouth from his nose splatter on my shirt, like I thought it was.
“Wanna keep going?” I asked sweetly.
“Bitch,” he spat, getting more blood on my shirt.
“Touch my little sister again, and you’ll see bitch,” I hissed.
I walked away, stepping on his friend in the process. I growled and I picked up Valentine’s shirt and walked out of the training center and quickly threw my shirt off, throwing it into the bushes. I put Valentines shirt on and quickly buttoned it. I looked down and saw that I stopped about mid-thigh.
I walked back to the bathroom to get Valentine and Savannah to see them in the corner. Valentine was rocking her back and forth trying to get her tears to stop. He looked like a true older brother. He acted like he should. He was a true British gentleman.
“They shouldn’t bother you anymore.”
“You have blood on your neck,” she said softly.
I looked in the mirror, feeling the slight pain where the guy kicked me, thinking it was his blood, but it was mine. I moved my hair, seeing it was my piercing that was bleeding. I must have moved my erring too much when I fell.
I took out my earring slowly. My fingers were covered in blood by the time I got the earring out. I rinsed it then cleaned my ear. It had stopped bleeding, but I didn’t put the earring back in.
“So,” Valentine started after Savannah went to class. “What did you do?”
“Knocked one out with one kick and kicked the shit out of the other one.”
“Let me see your stomach.”
“Why?” I asked, completely confused.
“You’re slumped more than usual.”
“You’ve known me for a day,” I said.
“I’m observant.”
“You’re one of those, aren’t you?
“One of what?”
“A super assassin.”
“Nope,” he said calmly, too calmly.
“My god! You are!”
“Just show me your stomach,” he sighed.
“No,” I said, walking out.
If he wanted answers, even simple ones, he’d have to answer my questions too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola!
Happy almost Valentine's Day!
Hope you have an awesomely awesome V-Day. Get you some candy. Slap a guy/girl. Hit on someone. Have an awesome time making fun of the girl's who are getting angry at the Boyfriend for getting them something they 'didn't want'.
My friend and I being idiots! (I'm the one with the sex jacket going on)

shygirl1993- Lmao, that's all I'm waiting for now is him to ask the right way. I now know that I will say 'yes' but he asks the right way. And yes, love in lovely. And technically, they are together, just, as a cover.