Status: Complete. Sequel out!

Desires Of The Unknown

"Will you marry me for real?"

I sighed as I blew another bubble with my gum. It popped, making my geometry teacher glare at me. I rolled my eyes and leaned my head onto Valentine’s. He took Algebra two his sophomore year, so he had to take Geometry his junior.
“I hate math.”
“But you’re good at it.”
I nodded, “Yeah.”
“Are you going to so me you stomach, you am I going to have to break into your room tonight?”
“It didn’t work the last two nights, it won’t work tonight. I told you, you want answers, I want answers.”
“Is there something you would like to share with the class?” the teacher snapped.
“My boyfriend has a huge dick and he made me scream last night like no one else,” I smirked.
Her cheeks tinted pink. She had been staring at Valentine the whole period. We were in tables that sat two people.
“Jen and Valentine to the Head Mistress’ and Head Master’s office, now.”
We groaned and grabbed our stuff. What could they want? We didn’t do anything bad, well, we didn’t do anything bad together. I looked at Valentine.
“What did you do?”
“Nothing!”
“Then why are we being called down to the office? I feel like a first grader who made someone eat mud again,” I grumbled.
“You made someone eat mud?”
“He took my juice box.”
We stopped in front of the door and took a deep breath simultaneously. I pushed the doors opened and walked in together. My sister and head master were there. Johnathan was sitting in the corner rocking back and forth.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“The Irish Mob is looking for you and Johnathan.”
“Okay, so?”
“They killed my baby sister,” Johnathan said softly.
“Any other kids?” I asked him.
He shook his head. “Only my niece, but she’s safe.”
“Okay, what do you want us to do?” I asked my sister.
“I need you to take out the second in command, Brady O’Riley. That’s where the orders are coming from.”
“Why am I here?” Valentine asked.
“He poses as a wedding cake maker,” the head master said.
“You want us to…” I trailed off.
“Act engaged?” Valentine finished for me.
“Yes.”
I looked at Valentine and shrugged. I then looked at my sister. “Can I wait to kill him after I get my cake?”
She rolled her eyes. “Fine. But I want some too.”
“Deal.”
Valentine took my hand and dragged me out. I then took control and dragged him to Savannah’s class. I walked in, ignoring the confused looks on everyone’s face and the glare from the teacher. I walked over to Savannah and bent over to talk in her ear.
I felt a hand grope my ass. I turned quickly and saw Valentine had the guy’s wrist and was talking lowly to him. By the guy’s expression, Valentine was threatening him with something gruesome.
“Go home with Johnathan after school.” I handed her the keys to my car. “I have business with Valentine to take care of. We should be home around dinner time. Tell Carlos okay?”
“Okay,” she whispered, continuing with the notes that were on the bored.
“C’mon,” I sighed, taking Valentine away from the boy he was still threatening.
I dragged him out of the classroom, laughing when he tripped over his feet. He didn’t fall though. I pulled him out of the building and to the waiting car. He opened the back door for me and then got in after me.
I looked at the driver, not recognizing him in the least bit. He gave me a fake smile, not that they were uncommon, but spies, like the one that’s supposed to be driving the car, were better at hiding them.
I took Valentine’s hand into mine; tapping out Morris Code onto the back of his hand, telling him I didn’t recognize the driver at all. He smiled at me, showing off his perfect teeth. The driver stopped at a stop sign and Valentine put the gun to his neck.
“Who are you?”
The guy said something in Russian. I believe it was along the lines of, “Fuck you.”
Valentine chuckled and whispered something in his ear. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, my heels clicking on the asphalt lightly. I walked over to the driver’s door.
She’s impatient,” Valentine said in Russian.
“I am,” I sneered, grabbing him out of the car.
He fell to the ground with a gasp. I rolled my eyes. He was such a baby. I kicked his side, making him cough. I rolled my eyes again.
“You’re new, and Russian. Who are you after?”
I don’t understand,” he cried. I repeated what I said in Russian. “I’m not new! My name is Ury! I know Valentine! ” he snapped.
I rolled my eyes. “Liar."
“He’s not lying. And he’s after me.”
I looked up at Valentine, stepping on the guy, making him whimper. “What?”
“He was in a crime family I took down over the summer. The Yavvet family.”
You took them down?” He nodded with a smile on his face. We high fived. “Hells yeah.”
He smiled and shot the guy, making me want to jump, but I didn’t. He kept a straight face, but I could see the regret in his eyes as he called for a cleanup.
We got back in the car and I drove us to the air strip, where the plane was waiting. The ride was silent, like I hated. I hid it though. Valentine stared out of the window blankly. I turned the radio on and some crappy pop song came on.
I parked the car fifty feet away from the plane. Valentine got out the car before I even turned the engine off and stomped his way onto the plane. I rolled my eyes and turned off the engine, getting out of the car and locking the doors. I walked onto the plane and shut the door. I knocked on the pilot’s door, telling him to take off.
I walked into the back to see Valentine in a seat, staring out the window again. I sat next to him and buckled up. The plane started down the runway and Valentine put his head on my shoulder. I rested my head on top of his like they do in those cheesy romance movies, but it seemed right.
“For an assassin, you took that to heart,” I commented after we were off the ground.
“He was an informant.” He sighed and lifted his head. “He must have had plastic surgery of something.”
“You really aren’t a spy,” I sighed.
“What?” he asked, turning away from the window to look at me.
“Never get attached.”
“You’re attached.”
I shook my head at him. “Not to a mark.”
“Oh really?”
“My nephew isn’t a mark, think otherwise, and I will castrate you in your sleep.”
He smirked. “I was talking about me.”
“One, you’re nor a mark. Two, I’m not attached to you.”
“Liar,” he whispered.
“To which one?” I asked with an innocent look on my face.
“The attached one.”
I rolled my eyes. “What makes you think I’m attached?”
“You cried on me a few days ago.”
“I’ve cried on my pillow, doesn’t mean I won’t shoot it.”
“You won’t shoot me.”
“What makes you think that?”
He took my left head. “We’re engaged,” he said, slipping a ring on my finger.
I laughed at the irony of it all. I was attached, but I wouldn’t admit it out loud and certainly not to him. He was a mark though. I had to make sure he wasn’t the one selling things to MI6. So far, he hadn’t even called MI6, which makes me even more curious about him.
I looked at my phone as it started to buzz. Carlos was calling me. I glanced at Valentine when he looked at his phone. I gave him a confused look and we both answered our phones at the same time.
“Who’s Jerry Wright?” My breathing stopped. “Is he Valentine’s brother? Should I let him in the gates?”
“I want you to go into the panic room with Terrence and don’t come out until someone comes to you and tells you Terrence’s mom’s name. Her full name, got it?” I hissed, taking Valentine’s phone from him and ending the call he had going with someone.
“Why?”
“Just do it!” I snapped. I shut my phone and took a deep breath. I looked at Valentine. “Please tell me you have someone that you trust near my house. Someone trained in the field, not in assassinations and computer tech.”
“I have two.”
“None of them are over twenty, are they?”
“Why?”
“’Cause that’s about the age the agents forget about what’s right and they do what benefits them.”
“They’re both seniors, like I’m supposed to be.”
“I need one of them to get John and Savannah to a safe house outside of the city and I need the other to get the twins, Charlie and Gordon to that same safe house and stay there with them. They can’t ask questions.”
“How will they get the twins?”
“The teacher is an agent assigned to that class. Gordon and Charlie have those teachers too. It’ll be easy.”
“The safe house?”
“It’s in the suburbs.”
He smirked. “Will you marry me for real?”
I rolled my eyes and shoved the phone into his hand. “Call them!”

I looked at myself in the mirror in our hotel room in New York. Then, I looked at Valentine in the mirror. He looked more relaxed in those clothes than then anything else. I then looked at the ring he had put on my hand. It was beautiful.
“Ready?” I asked.
He smiled. “Yes.”
I took his hand and we walked out of our room and out of the hotel, making our way to the cake shop.
“What’s up with the boots?” Valentine asked with a small smile.
“I’ve been wanting to wear them for months, but my friend, the wardrobe intern and computer geek, wouldn’t let me wear them.”
“You squealed.”
“Did not,” I argued, opening the door to the bakery.
“Did too,” he whispered into my ear.
“How can I help you?” a girl about twenty-five asked with a heavy New York accent.
“We have an appointment with Brady,” Valentine smiled.
“Oh,” she exclaimed. “You’re the happy young couple? How exciting. Have a seat over there.” She pointed to the table by the window with a bunch of different samples on it. “Feel free to sample those while I call him down.”
I smiled at her. “Thank you.”
“No problem dear.”
Valentine took my hand we went to the table. As soon as he sat down, his phone went off. He stood up and held up his finger and walked out of the bakery into the afternoon sun.
I tasted a few cakes and decided on the vanilla with fudge filling. I sat at the table and got lost in thought.
I was wondering if I should tell Valentine about my family and who I am. He’s living in a house with me, he deserves to know. A part of me, a larger part, keeps telling me that my hormones are trying to get the best of me. He’s just a crush, it’ll go away and I’ll be my old spy self in no time.
“Miss Geen?” a voice cut in. I looked up and saw a man in a chef’s shirt. I stood up and shook his hand. “Where’s your fiancé?”
“On the phone outside, most likely with his mother. Our son is staying with her for a couple days.”
He smiled and we sat down. “How old is he?”
“Two.”
He nodded. “Do you know what you want?”
“Four tier, circle cake. I want the quit pattern on all of them.”
He nodded and wrote it down. “Just white?”
I nodded and looked behind me at Valentine as he continued to talk on the phone. “I want to talk about a groom’s cake before he come in here though.”
He nodded and grabbed a new order form. “What shape?”
“He really loves guns, so can you do it like an open gun that they use for Russian Roulette with a few bullets out of it?”
“What kind of cake?”
“Chocolate with buttercream filling please. I also want you to put, ‘Marriage, it’s like Russian Roulette,’ on it, if you can.”
“I can.” He nodded and glanced up. “He’s coming.” He quickly hid the groom’s cake order form.
“Can you do piping on it?”
“Color?”
“Green,” I said.
Valentine sat down and kissed my cheek. “He’s fine; my mom just had a mini panic attack about his asthma meds.”
I nodded and smiled at him. “Good.”
“What kind of cake?” Brady asked.
“White with fudge,” Valentine said, not missing a beat.
I smiled at him. “You know me so well.”
“When do you need this?”
“Four days.”
Brady nodded. “Can do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapters will probably not come as quickly. I am having issues with my dumb ass laptop, so I have to use the family computer which my mom is usually on 24/7 'cause she doesn't like her netbook.
HERE YA GO!
I find it funny that this has about 1/3 of the chapters as We're A Mystery but this one has 1 more subscriber. Lol, oh well, I like this one better. Shhh!
OH!! And as soon as I get the last chapter out for We're A Mystery I am putting up the sequel to Odd One Out and it's good, I like it. =]

shygirl1993- TADA!!!!! =D