Status: Active!

A Different Side of Me

Part 3

“Thanks for inviting me,” Natalie grumbled.

“Oh, sorry! I didn’t know you were there. But you are welcome to join if you’d like.” I offered.

“Thanks. By the way, you are a good singer.” She told me. “You should be in a band or something.”

“Well, actually, I am in a band.” I laughed. For the next twenty minutes, Michael, Natalie, and I raced down the hallway. Surprisingly, Natalie won every single time.

“Pretty good. . . FOR A GIRL!” Michael teased her.

“Yeah, coming from the guy who came in last. Every. Single. Time.” She threw back at him. She was feisty, as I’ve learned. She was easy to talk to, and she told me everything that came into her mind. I learned that she likes pie, loves animals, hates alligators and snakes, and is afraid of the dark.
“Hey, wanna go get a soda?” I asked her.

“Sure,” she replied. We pushed ourselves down the hallway to the vending machine. I got a water, and she got Dr. Pepper. I started to push myself back, when she stopped me.

“Hey, I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for being such a bitch before. I thought that Emily was dying. But she is going to be okay.” She told me. “I already lost a sister to cancer, and I was afraid to lose Emily to something so stupid.”

“I’m so sorry.” I told her. “I honestly wish I could go back in time, and fix everything.”

“Thanks.” She said and flashed a smile at me. She patted my leg, and I felt a spark go up my leg. ‘Whoa,’ I thought. She started pushing herself down the hallway, and she went into her room. I went back to Nathan’s room, to talk to the rest of the boys. They were all looking grim.

“What’s up?” I asked them. When no one answered, I started panicking. “Come on guys, what’s up?”

“Well, we just got a call from Stefanie. The rest of our tour is canceled.” Nathan told me.

“Why? We could manage! We can still perform!” I said, panicking.

“No, dude, it’s impossible. We all have something broken. It’s going to be months before we are all healed.” Cameron said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short I know.

I've had writers block, but I'm going to update again in the next few days.

Comment and Subscribe!

Check out my other two stories, A Summer to Remember, and A Typical Love Story.