A Conversation With Jimmy

"Your enthusiasm astounds me."

"I want to turn this interview back to you, Jimmy. We talk about me too much."

"Oh yeah? Well, what do you want to know?"

"I just wanted to ask more about what it's like to live up here. Has it gotten any better?"

"Well... Not really."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jimmy. But, haven't you met anyone interesting, at least?"

"The guy who lives next door... he tells the worst jokes I've ever heard. Dead or alive."

"Eesh."

"Yeah."

"What about the music situation? Please tell me you've got some good news about that."

"Oh yeah! I found a drum set. They were hiding it in some kind of storage room a couple floors down. It's really old school. It's kinda broken and very dusty, and not too many have used in a really long time. But, it's a drum set! It felt good to play again."

"That's awesome!"

"Yup. I just wish I had someone to play with..."

"Maybe you could put up flyers or something. Start up another band."

"Eh, I think most of the musicians here would be a little stuck on their old bands. I know I am..."

"Well, you'll never know till you try, right? It'll be good for you and I think it'll be good for others, too. Maybe people up here miss playing just as much as you do. And, even if you don't find people who would want to start up a band, you'll have gotten your name out there to let others know that you're a musician and you're proud!"

"...Huh. I guess."

"Your enthusiasm astounds me."

"Look, I appreciate the advice, but I don't know if that's how things work up here."

"Alright, well, I'm sure you'll figure something out."

"How are your friends doing? You still have friends even? Or have they finally realized how weird you are?"

"Oh, they know how weird I am. They just haven't gotten scared away, yet."

"That's good. And, how about the dude you follow around like a puppy?"

"...I don't follow him around like a puppy."

"Don't start lying to yourself now, Julia."

"Shut up... He's still got a horrible snake of a girlfriend. I actually call her the piranha. It suits her well. And, the only person I ever told about her used to dislike her, too. But, guess what? Now they're practically best friends. Isn't that cute?"

"Ew."

"Yeah. She used to trash talk the piranha even more than I did, and now..."

"Ew."

"Oh yeah, and I finally told my mom."

"You told your mother?"

"I knew my parents have known about it since the beginning. I used to talk about him a lot to them. And, they really, really like him. My mom told me to give it a chance, still, but..."

"I think she's right."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just a little scared still."

"Ha! I'll bet. You're one of the most scared people I've ever met. You know if that had happened to me, I would have fought a little harder."

"I know. I know I should try and fight at least a little bit harder, but I'm just... I'm afraid if I tell him how I feel, he won't feel the same, and it will ruin everything I do have with him. I just keep telling myself that I'll find someone better. Someone who will know right away that I'm the one. I want my soul mate. Like the characters in the stories that I read... I know that's silly, but I can't help it."

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. It'll all work itself out. Everyone gets what they deserve in the end. And, if a prince charming is what you deserve, then a prince charming is what you'll get."

"Really?"

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Hope you liked the update! I know my problems are boring, so I tried to talk more about Jimmy, but his life isn't too interesting at the moment, either.
I can't tell you how much it means that you're still even subscribed to this story! Thanks so much and I hope I can work more on this story in the future.
Please subscribe and comment! Comments are absolutely fantastic!!!
Thanks for reading!!