Status: Activeee.[:

Real World: Malibu

Chapter 5.

Eight Days Later...

Kay's Point Of View.

My eyelids, felt heavy, the last thing I remember is a car coming towards us.I forced my eyes to open. The first thing I saw, was an unfamiliar room. The next was Alex asleep on a couch against the wall. It finally registered in my head. I'm in the hospital. I looked down and realized that my right arm was in a cast. I pulled the covers off my lower body and saw that I had a walking cast that went from my mid-lower leg to my ankle. Come to think of it, My whole right body ached. I looked back over at Alex, I saw that he had stitches on his arm, and some bruises.I felt bad for making him sleep on the couch.

"Alex." I whispered. He didn't move. "Alex." I said louder. Nothing. I reached behind me and grabbed one of the many pillows. I threw (well, as best as i can) it at Alex's sleeping figure. He jolted awake, falling face first onto the floor. I laughed.

"Kanitha, your awake. !" He said walking over to me.

"Thank you Captain Obvious." I replied.

"Your welcome, lieutenant Sarcasm. " He replied. He bent down and gave me a hug.

"How long have I been out. ?" I asked.

"Well, you went into a coma for 8 days." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"What. !?"

"Kay, calm down. It's okay. I'm fine. Chett's fine. Siera is fine. She broke her arm. Me and Chett just have stitches and bruises. Everyone is fine." He said, trying to calm me down. He had my hand in his and was rubbing circles into it. "I'm gonna go get a nurse to check on you." He let go of my hand and walked out of the room, looking for a nurse.

I watched as Bryan walked up to him and then walking up to my room.

"Hey, Kay. How you feeling. ?" He asked hesitant to enter.

"Hey Bry. I feel like crap, but I would feel a little better if my best friend actually came in and gave me a hug. " I said holding my arms out.

He walked towards me and bent down and gave me a hug.

"So how have you guys been. ? I mean, I've been in a coma for the past 8 days."

"I'm not gonna lie, It's been hell. Everyone was worried, and scared, and we just missed your cooking." He said, chuckling at the end.

"Thanks, jerk. Nice to know I was missed." I said, smiling. "So has everyone been in here while I was in the coma. ?"

"Yeah, everyone but See. But Alex was definitely here the most. He didn't leave unless it was to eat or go pee. He took a shower 3 or 4 times over the past several days. " He said, sitting next to me on the bed. I suddenly felt even guiltier. He has barely left my side since the accident.

"Really. ?"

"Yeah. I think he cares about you way too much to just like you as best friends." He said, stating his own opinion.

Was what he was saying true. ? Did Alexander Gaskarth, the King of One-Night Stands and Heartbreaking, have real, legit feelings for someone. ? And is that someone me. ? A more important question, Did I have feelings for him. ? I knew that answer was a Yes.

"I think I may have feelings beyond the best friend point for him too." I said, in a somewhat quiet voice. I watched as a smile spread across his lips.

"I knew it. I always knew it. Just the way you guys act around each other." He said, happy that he was right.

The nurse walked in and asked Bryan to step outside. She started checking everything and asking me questions. I only half-paid attention. I was to occupied with the thought that I liked Alex and that he might like me back. Thus began the daydreams......

-----------------

45 minutes later and I'm fed. They were allowing me to see everybody now, but one at a time. I already saw Alex and Bryan so Chett came in next.

I'll be honest, he's looked better. He had stitches in his left arm, probably from the window, and he had a cut on his forehead. He was indeed covered in bruises, as Alex said.

"Kay. I was so scared." He said, giving me a hug and sitting int he chair next to the bed.

"Well, I'm awake now, so no worries." I said. "What happened to whoever hit us by the way. ?"

"Drunk Driver. He died on impact." He said sadly. It was something that just happened. Yeah, they're the reason I'm in the hospital and i was in a coma, but he died. That is suchhhh a difference from sitting here, talking to one of your friends.

"But, Kay. Your birthday is still in 2 days. " I smiled at him. Chett was the one that got you to look at the bright side of things.

"That it is. 22 baby. " I said, laughing. I didn't think any of them planned anything, probably just dinner out maybe. Me and Chett sat there for about 10 minutes before he left so someone else could come in.

The door opened and there stood Kennedy.

"Hey, Kay. How's it going. ?" He asked, giving me a hug.

"Oh, you know. Just in the hospital hooked up to machines. Broken Arm and leg. The usual.." I said shrugging. He chuckled and sat next to me on the bed.

"So Kenny. How's it going with Siera. ?" I asked, nudging him slightly.

He chuckled again. "You know me so well. I haven't done anything actually. Too concerned with my best friend being in a freaking coma." He said, making it sound like only I would get in a coma when he was trying to get close to someone.

"Jerk." I said, sticking my tongue out at him. We both laughed, and sat there talking for a while. Soon, he was pulled out and I talked to everybody else. Bryan came in again and we talked for about half an hour. And finally Alex came back in.

"So I heard you stayed here most of the time while I was in the coma. ?" I asked, as he sat with me on the bed.

"I did. I feel horrible. I was the one driving and-"

"Alex." I said cutting him off. " This is not your fault. At all."

"But-"

"No buts. I will not argue about this with you."

"Fine." I smiled, satisfied with myself. "Anyways, the Doc said they wanna keep you in here till Thursday evening. The day of your birthday."

"Seriously. ? Half my birthday in the hospital. ? Great. What did you guys plan anyways. ?"

"Just dinner at Olive Garden. Nothing Special." He replied with a shrug.

"Mmmkay." I said. We talked for awhile. About everything and everything.

10 rolled by fast. I was tired, they had me on some pain meds that made me sleepy.

I could feel my eyelids droop. I felt Alex get off the bed and kiss my forehead,. I heard the door open. "Alex. ?"

"hmm. ?"

"Can you stay with me tonight. ?"

"Of course." He started going towards the couch.

"No, I am not making you sleep on that couch again. Come sleep with me." I said, and patted the bed. He came and lied down.

"Night Alex."

"Night Kay."

He kissed my forehead once more, before i scooted closer to him and fell asleep.

-------------

Wednesday passed at the hospital uneventful. Bryan came and got me breakfast. Then me him and Alex played cards for awhile. Nothing really happened. Alex stayed with me that night again.

Thursday went by as fast as I would have liked it to. It was 5, and the doctor was letting me leave. Chett, Kenny, and Alex were coming to pick me up. I signed out and waited downstairs. They came 5 minutes later, and we left to go home.

I cast limped up the steps and turned the knob. I walked in and was greeted by yells of "Surprise.!" Confetti was thrown in the air.

"Oh My God."I said, my hands flying to my mouth. "Who planned all this. ?" I asked.

"We all did." Cassadee began.

"But it was mostly Alex, Bryan, and Kenny." Chett finished. I looked over at them and they had grins on their faces.

"You guys. ! I love you. !" I said and hugged them all. I turned and faced the crowd I had before me. I could see the rest of Boys Like Girls, The Maine, and All Time Low. We The Kings were here too as were some old friends from each state. My eyes went over my brother, but I didn't register it. I whipped my head back to where he was standing.

"Surprise. !" He said.

"Same. !!!!" I yelled, running at him. He lifted me off the ground and hugged me back. "How'd you get here. ?"

"Well I was on leave, and Alex got in touch with me and suggested I come out because he knows you miss me."He said. I turned and looked and looked at Alex.

"Come here Alex." I watched as he walked over to where me and Same were standing.

I threw my arms around his neck. His went around my waist as we hugged tightly. "Thank you Alex. This means a lot to me."

"Your one of my best friends Kay. It's what we do for each other." I unwrapped my arms and kissed his cheek.

"Still, this means sooo much to me."

I Faced everyone again.

"Hey Everybody. !" I yelled throughout the house.

"Hey Kay. !" They all yelled back.I chuckled.

"So how long is everyone staying. ?!"

"Til the 10th. !"

"Okay, well you guys should come back tomorrow. !" They were noises of agreement. "Well, make sure I get to see and talk to all of you. ! I miss and love you all. ! Now, I'm gonna go take a shower in my bikini, but you guys can so start the party. !" There were yells from everywhere.Bryan turned on the stereo and music started blasting

I walked into my room and stepped in the walk in closet. I changed into a bikini and grabbed a towel.

I went and took a shower, covering my casts. I walked out and wrapped myself in the towel, walking back to my room to get dressed. I pulled out a bra and panties and stepped back into my closet. I got out Black shorts (Since skinny jeans would be hard to put on), A black To Write Love On Her Arms shirt.. I quickly changed and slipped on my all black LoTops. I towel-dried my hair as best as I could.

I walked into the bathroom and brushed through my hair. I plugged in my curling iron and lightly curled my hair.I put on a light coat of makeup. Finished, I walked back upstairs to the living room.

I walked over to a cooler and pulled out a Corona. I walked over to Bryan, Martin, Paul, and John Keefe.

"Hey guys." I said, giving each one a hug. "I saw all you guys like a month ago, but I still miss my diaper best friends." I said smiling. They smiled.

"Kay, can we sign one of your casts. ?" Martin asked, producing a sharpie from his pocket.

"Sure, why not." I shrugged. They all signed a cast.

We all talked for a little before I left them to go talk to other people. I walked up to Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack.

"Guys. !" I yelled hugging each of them. "I love you guys."

"I love you too Kay Cream. !" Jack yelled. I laughed at the nickname. When I lived next door to him, I would always go to his house to get Ice-Cream. I had them all sign a casts.

"It's been like 2 months since I seen you guys. ! How is everything. ?"

We were standing there talking for a bit when a blonde walked up to Alex. i didn't recognize her at all. Alex put his arm around her. I just kept talking to Jack, Rian, and Zack, ignoring the blonde.

"Alex, who's this. ?" Jack asked for me. Best friend telepathy. I have a lot of best friends, to say the least.

"This, Jack, is Taylor. I met her in the hospital. She was in the cafeteria when I went down on my snack runs. " He said, Taylor waved at everybody. "Taylor, this is Jack Rian Zack and Kay."

"Oh, Happy Birthday Kay." She said, all too cheery.

"Thank you. " I said, putting on a fake-smile. I couldn't stand to be around her and Alex, so I excused myself, grabbed another Corona, and walked over to Kenny, Garrett, John Ohh, Jared and Pat.

"Guys. ! I haven't seen you since you left for tour." I said, hugging each of them. We all talked and drank for a while.They signed my cast before I walked away.

I walked around the whole room, stopping to talk to Travis, Danny, Hunter, and Drew, and some of my friends. I had everybody sign somewhere on a cast.

I walked back to the counter and made myself a Screwdriver. I strong Screwdriver at that. I felt the liquid slide down my throat and it felt too good. I was never much of a partyer or drinker, but tonight was different. I had to watch Taylor drape herself all over Alex. And Alex seemed happy enough about it. I could feel Bryan watching me. I looked over at him. He knew exactly what was wrong. I just shook my head and walked away. The night dragged on. I was having fun. Hanging out with old friends. Messing around with bands. It was around 10 when they finally got the cake out.

The cake was pretty. It had a music sheet kind of design all over it and had music notes in some places. The cake said, "Happy Birthday Kanitha. ! And get well Soon."

I smiled, as they all sang happy birthday to me.

I closed my eyes and knew exactly what I wanted to wish for.

I wish fate will show itself in the end.

I blew out the candles and opened my eyes to applauding. Everyone here truly loved me. They are my friends and best friends. They were my family. I smiled, and started cut a pieces of cake. I felt somebody hands come around me. They lifted up a piece of cake and shoved it in my face. I gasped and turned around. And there stood Alex, laughing. I faked a smile.

"Your gonna pay Gaskarth. " I said. I picked up a piece of cake and shoved it back in his face. Then I walked over to the cooler, grabbed a hand full of ice, and dropped it down Alex' shirt.

He started jumping up and down, the ice freezing against his tummy. I got on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. "You started it." And patted his tummy. Making him flinch.

Everybody was laughing. He leaned down and ran his finger through the frosting on my face. He put it into his mouth. "Mmmmm. Pretty good." I laughed along with everyone, to make it look like nothing was wrong.

Me and Alex walked downstairs to clean up. We walked into the bathroom and I washed my face with my left hand, my right hand being in the cast. I was already used to walking int he cast. I grabbed a face towel and wiped my face off. I have been giving Alex the cold shoulder since we walked down here.I was tired of seeing Taylor all over Alex.

I turned and started walking away.

"Kay." I kept walking. "Kay. !" I turned around

"What Alex. ? What the hell do you want from me. ?" He flinched at the venom in my voice.

"What did I do Kay. ?"

"Your asking me what you did. ? Really. ?" My voice started getting louder, as did his.

"Yes. ! I did nothing. When we got here earlier, you were fine. Happy. 5 Hours later your pissed off at me for reasons I don't even know. ! I mean really Kay. What the Fuck. !"His voice was coated with anger.

"Alex, Think. ! What have you done since we got here. !"

"I didn't do anything. Help me out here Kay. I have no idea what I did. !"

"You, Alex, picked up a random girl from the fucking hospital and brought her to my birthday party. When I don't even fucking know her. ! She has been draped all over you the entire night, and you've done nothing about it. You wanna know something Gaskarth. ?"

"What. ?"

"I've liked you for a long time. A very long time. And I have had to watch girls walk out of your room, morning after morning.You making out with a different girl almost every day. ! And here we are, you doing the exact same thing you did to those other girls to Taylor. You stayed with me almost the entire time I was in that coma. You flirt with me shamelessly. You send me a lot of mixed signals, Alex. Well newsflash. I'm finally done with it. Done with all this shit. Done with liking you. Maybe we can still be best friends. I don't know when, but not anytime soon." And with that I turned on my cast, and walked away.

I could hear him calling my name, but I made myself keep walking forward. One foot in front of the other.

I walked back upstairs, looking for Bryan or Chett, anyone. I found Garrett. He was my 2nd best friend out of the Maine. He knew I liked Alex. I talked to him about it when I last visited ATL.

"Kay, What's wrong. ?" He asked, a look of concern on his face.

"Alex. " He hugged me. Just telling him that one word, he understood.I told him everything that happened.

I love those who understood everything. One look, they knew something was wrong. One word, they knew what happened. One hug, they made it all better. I have a lot of best friends that are like this. It just shows that I'm lucky to have them, and I will not lose them. They mean all too much to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Same is pronounced as it looks. Sam-E. Blahhhh.