Status: Activeee.[:

Real World: Malibu

Chapter 9.

Kay's Point Of View.

It's been a week since me and Alex kissed. A week since Ryan called. A week since me and Alex started playing off that we didn't like each other. A week since we went back to normal. A week of resisting the urge to kiss him. 5 days since I told Bry, Kenny, Chett, and Cass what happened between me and Alex. 3 days since I've been back at work. And 4 weeks until I get my casts off. Thank God. I miss my skinny jeans. I've been wearing shorts and skirts lately. Alex and Chett already got their stitched out and Cass will get he cast taken off with me.

Right now, I was finishing up getting ready for work. Chett was doing the same on the other side of the room. Me and Chett had morning shifts from now on. I already took a shower, changing into semi-short shorts and a blank tank top. I walked into the bathroom to do my makeup. I put in the usual; black eyeliner and mascara and a coat of lip gloss. I put light curls into my pin-straight hair. I kept my glasses on, not wanting to put my contacts in. I walked into the room,slipping on my slytherin sweater and ring, and grabbing my wallet and my Hot Topic badge then walked upstairs.

I grabbed a Fruit-By-The-Fruit snack from the kitchen and walked over to the piano. I sat down, my fingers hovering over the keys. My mind wandered to a song I wrote after I first met Ryan. I started playing the keys. I already got used to playing the piano and guitar with a cast on.

She's doesn't deserve to be in a place like this All alone. She's underage and so very very brave. A fake ID lent her credibility. She sits at the bar. The gents are gonna try so hard. He said it was a one night stand. But the alcohol didn't let her understand. Yeah, he said it was a one night stand. A one night stand. So what made you think That he couldn't find a door in the morning? When he found that bed so easily In the dark. So what made you think That he couldn't find a door in the morning? When he found that bed so easily In the dark. So the bartender who tends to pretend that he's concerned, Says, "Girlie girlie, you're at your best (you're at your best) when you're sober". And she slurs, "No no, just one more". And one turns into four. The fourth drink instinct is taking over. And the gentleman is leading her towards the door. So what made you think That he couldn't find a door in the morning? When he found that bed so easily In the dark. So what made you think That he couldn't find a door in the morning? When he found that bed so easily In the dark. She thought that she could buy happiness by, By the bottle. She thought that she could buy happiness by, By the bottle. She thought that she could buy happiness by, By the bottle. So what made you think That he couldn't find a door in the morning? When he found that bed so easily In the dark. So what made you think That he couldn't find a door in the morning? When he found that bed so easily In the dark. He said it was a one night stand. But the alcohol didn't let her understand. Yeah, he said it was a one night stand. A one night stand.

I dropped my hands into my lap. Yeah, that's how me and Ryan met. A drunken one night stand. I took a deep breath and turned to get up. My breath caught when I saw Alex standing there.

"You know you really do have a beautiful voice. Your songs are incredible too." He said leaning against the wall.

I shrugged. " I guess. But my songs are nothing compared to yours. Neither is my voice. "

"Well, I beg to differ."

I rolled my eyes. "Mmhhmmmm. Your voice and songs are more amazing than mine Alex. We are not going to discuss this."

And at that moment Chett walked up the stairs, ready for work.

"Oh Kay. ?" Alex said, just as me and Chett were going out the door.

"What Alex. ?"

"I'm really liking that leg cast."

I cocked my head to the side. Confused. "What. ?"

"The leg cast. Since you've had it on, you've had to wear shorts and skirts more. " He said a smirk on his lips. " And trust me, those legs should not be hidden."

I rolled my eyes. "Bye Alex." I turned and walked down the steps and into the car.

Chett drove to the mall and we went our separate ways at the food court. I walked into Hot Topic and walked into the backroom. I punched in quickly.

"Kay, can you do me a favor. ?" I turned and saw Lyric standing in the doorway with a guy who looked to be about 22. He had a skateboard in his hand.

"Yeah, of course."

"Today is Shawn's first day. Do you mind showing him the basic Hot Topic stuff. Like what to do basically. ?"

"Yeah Sure." I said sliding my bangs through my hand.

"Hey, I'm Kanitha. Kay for short." I said waving to him with my casted arm.

"Hey. Shawn."

"Thank you Kay." Lyric said.

"No problem. Okay Shawn. Let's go." I said walking into the store.

"So basically, all you have to do is go around and keep the store in order. You know, re-folding shirts. Making sure everything is where it's supposed to be. When you're near the front, you greet everyone that walks in. You ask if they need help. Basic stuff. Any questions.?"

"Nope. None I can think of."

"Okay, then get to work. You don't have to worry about the cashier, I do that."

I walked away, going to one of the walls of band Tees. I squat down and started re-folding some Boys Like Girls shirts. I could feel Shawn staring at me. I turned and looked at him.

"Can I help you Shawn. ?"

He shook his head. "No I was just... watching you so I know how to fold the shirts right." He said smiling a crooked smile. I smiled in return.

Now that I really looked at him, he was pretty cute. He had black side swept semi-long hair. His left ear was pierced as we the center of his bottom lip. He had on skinny jeans and a red shirt, with black nikes.

I laughed lightly, "That was a pretty lame excuse for staring at me Shawn."

"I know. So what's with the casts. ?"

"Oh, well, me and some friends went out to get some cookie dough one night, and we got hit by a drunk driver. He came at where i was sitting mostly, so I got hit the worst. I was in a coma for 8 days." I said. None of it really bothered me anymore. I just accepted it.

There was a look of shock on his face. "Woah. That's intense."

"Yeah. But my friend that was driving, he stayed with me while I was in the coma pretty much the entire time. " I said, smiling to myself.

"Wow, he must really care about you."

" He does. But in a best friends way." I stood up, running my bangs through my hand again.

"I bet he cares about you moree than that."

"Why do you say. ?"

"Because, I doubt that any guy could be just friends with you without once, having any other feelings for you. We've known each other for all of 20 minutes, and I can already tell your amazing."

I looked up and was met by his eyes. His beautiful deep blue eyes. We stood there, looking into each other's eyes until I broke the gaze. i looked up and saw a customer walk through the door so I walked over and asked her if she needed anything. I looked over my shoulder and saw Shawn re-folding some shirts. I shook off those faint butterflies in my stomach.

After I rang up the customer, I started singing softly to the music playing in the store. Apparently I wasn't singing as softly as I thought I was cause when I looked up, Shawn was watching me, a small smile on his lips. I felt blood rush to my cheeks as a smile played on my lips. The butterflies came back.

Crap. I may or may not like my new co-worker.

-----

Work today was,..... entertaining. Me and Shawn pretty much talked the entire time. He was a pretty laid back guy. I knew we were gonna be good friends. When me and Chett got home, everyone was watching a movie. It was around 5 or 6. I walked over and sat in Bryan's lap. He laughed and wrapped his arms around my stomach.

"Hey, who wants to go to the tattoo parlor with me. ?" I asked, leaning into Bryan.

"Why do you need to go to the tattoo parlor. ?" Kenny asked.

"To get a donut." I said laughing. "To get a freaking tattoo genius."

"Not nice." He grumbled.

I laughed again.

"What are you getting a tattoo of. ?" Cass asked.

"I wanna get a small heart done on my ankle with Kyle's name."

"Ohhh." They all said in unison.

"Yeah., So who's coming. ?"

"Well, the real question is, who was planning on getting a tattoo soon. ?" Bry said.

"Actually, I think we should all get matching tattoos. You know something that will bond us together forever." Hayley said.

"That is a good idea. ! But what would we get. ?" Cass asked.

"How bout, a nautical star the size of my palm, with smaller stars around it. ? The we could have,'Malibu's always with us.' Under it." I said.

"There were nods and sounds of agreement.

"We could have it on the front of of shoulder." Bry said.

We all agreed.

"Okay let's go."

We all piled into the cars, the one we crashed finally got replace a few days ago, and drove to a local parlor.

--------

I was used to getting tattoos I mean after my big side tattoo, who wouldn't be, ?

I got the heart tattoo in the inside of my left ankle. After that, we all got the star tattoos done. They were all in a rainbow of colors. We were all really connected together now.

When we got home, I went to the fridge, pouring a cup of orange juice. It was around 7 or 8. I started walking to my room, planning on writing some lyrics down. I heard someone start to play a song from the music room. I stopped outside the door and listened.

It was Alex. I heard this song a few times before, but I never really heard the lyrics until now.

Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book
Half unread
I wanna be laughed at
Laughed with, just because
I wanna feel weightless
And that should be enough
But I'm stuck in this fucking rut
Waiting on a second hand pick me up
And I'm over, getting older
If I could just find the time
Then I would never let another day go by
I'm over, getting old
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
And this is my reaction
To everything I fear
Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here
Make believe that I impress
That every word
By design
Turns a head
I wanna feel reckless
I wanna live it up, just because
I wanna feel weightless
Cause that would be enough
If I could just find the time
Then I would never let another day go by
I'm over, getting old
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
And this is my reaction
To everything I fear
Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here
This could be all that I've waited for
(I've waited, I've waited for)
And this could be everything
I don't wanna dream anymore
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I've been going crazy
I'm stuck in here
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year (it's gonna be my year)
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere (go nowhere)
And this is my reaction
To everything I fear (everything I fear)
Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here


I stepped into view and started clapping. He looked up and smiled.

"You really are an amazing song writer." I saw walking into the room and sitting in a chair.

"Really. ? What's your favorite line from that song. ?" He asked, handing me his lyrics book.

"Hmmm. I think it's, 'and maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year. And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere.' What do you mean by those lines. ?" I asked turning the page and reading lyrics to a song, Lost in Stereo.

"Well, it's like when I screw up something really badly one day, or weekend, but it's like in the long run, by the end of the year, everything will work out. And it's like, I can't wait for that time, cause right now, I have to sit around and watch as the time goes by cause I can't do anything right now." He said spinning in his chair.

I finished reading the lyrics and my jaw dropped slightly. It was about me. It was about the first time we met. I closed the book and handed it to him. He gave me a quizzical look, but i just shook my head and smiled at him.

"Your lyrics are really good Alex. All Time Low is gonna go FAR." I said. I turned and walked to my room. I fell onto my bed and grabbed Chace's teddy bear, hugging it to my chest.

Why do things have to be like this. ? I want to be with Alex so badly, so why can't I. ? Cause there's something pulling me back. And I knew what it was. I was scared. I was scared based off his past with girls. He's known for breaking hearts and cheating and one night stands. I trust him as a best friend, but I don't know how much I could trust him as a girlfriend. He might just hurt me in the end. So I just need to get over him, right. ?

If it were only that easy.....