Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

I Got Dosed By You

James

When I turned twenty I promised my parents I would go back home, after living with my grandparents for ten years, yeah it's been a while. It felt weird to leave a place you knew so well and got so use to.

I walked to the living room where my grandparents were lounging. My grandpa was reading a fishing book, you could hardly see his face since he had his huge glasses covering half of it, just like him I have semi thick glasses, I'm almost fully blind.

Yet here I stand before a great man, the same man that taught me how to run a house, how to fix things. I have so much to thank him for, I look to the small couch and see my grandma knitting me a sweater, it was royale blue, not my favorite color but I would have to wear it.

I cleared my throat in attempts to get their attention. Nothing happened, so I cleared it once more. Again nothing so I cleared it once more so hard that I ended up coughing. That go their attention.

"Well son your ready to head out?" my grandpa asked.

"Yeah grandpa," I responded then paused before saying

"I'm going to miss you guys, make sure to call me when you catch flipper." I finished and he chuckled.

Teary eyed, he got up and gave me a strong hug, I saw a few tears fall, then I turned to my grandma she stood as well and handed me the sweater.

"It's done my boy, I hope it to keep you warm over there, I hear it gets cold during fall in California." she said teary eyed, these folks were going kill me.

My grandma was my heart , I'm leaving behind the women who always cared for me. The one who held me while I cried because the snotty kids didn't like me, and would always make fun of me.

"Yes thank you so much grandma, I will wear it everyday of winter," I said while kissing her lightly on her wrinkled paled cheek. We had one last group hug and none of us could hold it all three of us began crying.

I got in my car and began driving away, I waved one last time, and I heard them yell at the top of their lungs,

"Till next time James, we love you!!!!!."

I wiped my eyes, I had to suck it up, ok so I admit I was a grandma's boy but who isn't? Ok maybe there are guys my age that are not ,but were focusing on me damn it! Ahem, sorry lost my temper there.

The drive from Arizona to California is about four to six hours, so I bumped my favorite band: The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and sang along to the lyrics of my favorite song, Dosed.

_______________________


My parents had told me their neighbors also known as best friends were cooking a welcoming dinner for me. My parents were dying for me to meet John and Jane Winters. Corny names I know, it would have been cooler if their last name was Doe. Oh and also their oh so gorgeous daughter, my mothers words not mine, Fayne. She's a year younger then me, dropped out of college, was and honors student in high school, listens to music really loud etc, yeah my momo knows everything..

I just hope she's not snobby or stuck up, then again what do I know I was never liked by kids my own age. They would either ignore me or automatically call me a dork, nerd, loser, tool, and any other name out there. I always defended myself but once I got home that's when I would break down,

well I'm not made of stone.


Who knows in the end she may be nice.

I pulled up to the house at eight pm sharp, my parents would freak if I was one minute late.
I saw my dad walking out of what I guess was our house. I got out of the car and he hugged me right away, with great force I may add. He was a big guy about six-feet and five inches, bulky and buff,yeah he was pretty damn scary.

"Oh my boy it's so good to have you home!" he said in his deep husky voice, while practically suffocating the life out of my 6'2 frame. I may be thought of as a nerd but at least I had one thing on the bullies, I was not the stareotypical bean-pole lanky body type, I actually had some muscles.

"Yes it's good to be back dad." I replied.

"Well then let's go introduce you to the neighbor's." he said while slapping my back pretty roughly almost causing me to fall.

He lead me down the drive way across the street to a two story house. It was white with blue shutters and a very nice garden in the front. My dad walked in and I walked in after him. This lady around her late thirties came rushing to me.

"Ah you must be James, I'm Mr. Winters so nice to meet you," she said.

"Why hello there Mrs. Winters yes I'm James Alden a pleasure to meet you," I said in my husky voice while kissing her hand gently. Yeah real smooth James.

"Such a gentlemen, what handsome young man you are, and this is my daughter Fayne," she said.

That's when I saw this small petite adorable looking girl walk from behind Mrs. Winters.She had long dark brown hair that most likely went past her back, She was so cute with her big warm brown eyes, luscious pink heart shaped lips.

"Please call me Fay." She spoke in the most delicate soft but loud enough to hear voice.

"Fay it is," I responded while kissing her hand ever so gently, and looking in her eyes. I must have appeared suave but right now I feel like the biggest nerd, or I must look it.

Her mother cut in by saying the lasagna was done, I said a quick hello to my mom kissed her on her cheek and she the same. Now dinner was let's say eventful, I sort of lost it with Fay. I figured she was avoiding me throughout the whole dinner which peeved me.

So I lightly well I though lightly , kicked her in her leg which caused her to howl. I felt so embarassed! I would never hurt a woman. I guess I must not know my own strength, so when she looked at me she had the cutest expression it looked something between a glare and as if she were constipated. I quickly apologized and looked away. I noticed I stuttered throughout my apology which made me feel like a bigger idiot.

She said it was fine, and asked what I wanted, then I remembered the whole ignoring me thing. I don't know what got into me I went into defense mode and snapped at her. After this little speech I gave her I excused myself quickly, not only because I was upset but also embarrassed. Not only had I snapped at her but I also kicked her, I must look like a real jerk right now. I feel bad I snapped at her, she didn't seem at all snobby or call me a name when I defended myself. Maybe she was just shy? But how can a pretty girl like that be shy?

Well I have to apologiz,make it up to her.

But how?
♠ ♠ ♠
A look inside his head. aww James he's too cute and nerdy and dorky and I just love him!