Woah...that's not cereal....

seven.

Matt and I stood there in complete shock, neither of us dare moved or uttered a sound. After regaining our composure, Matt made the stupid decision to try to explain our actions.
“We weren’t, she, I it, we just, and then-“ “Did I ask you to stand there babbling like an incoherent baboon?” My mother wailed interrupting Matt’s stuttering. I stood there with my mouth hung open, never had I heard my mother compare someone to an animal, let alone one that has a big red ass!
“Now young lady would you care to explain to me what you just did with this primate?” I looked up at her angry face and thought of the best response.
“I ate this weird cactus thing, and the only cure was his spit, but I was too weak to drink from a cup, so he came up with the idea of just giving it to me mouth to mouth.”She nodded her head and smiled at my answer. “Okay, as long as you’re all better now, I’ve got to run, the pool boy is here.” As soon as my flighty blonde ditz of a guardian left the room, I sighed deeply.
“Did she just buy that?” Matt looked at me astonished. “Well, she’s not the chewiest cookie in the batch, never has been.” He looked confused for a moment. “Isn’t it the not the brightest bulb in the pack?” “Oh no, she’s not as smart as a light bulb, but her voice is as irritatingly sweet as a cookie.” He chuckled, and kissed my cheek.
“We should go if we’re going to catch that movie.” I nodded my head, and we made our way out to his car. Just as we were starting to pull out, Matt’s phone rang. “Hello?” “Yeah let me ask her.” Matt turned to me with an unreadable expression. “Do you mind if Brian and his little sister come with us, they have to bond or something?” I shook my head, and he told Brian to meet us at the cinema.
We got there and Brian was waiting outside, along with a girl. We got closer and I noticed how short she was, I can’t really say anything, I’m probably not any taller than her, but whatever. We met up with the two, and Brian moved his head between me and his sister.
“Dude, Isabelle, I never realized how short you really are until I compared you to my sister.” He exclaimed earning a glare from both of us. “My names Hannah, how’re you?” The girl asked holding out her hand. She had dark brown hair and chocolate eyes just like her brother. I guess I was lost in thought long enough for her to take me not shaking her hand as rejection. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed her hand right before she pulled it away. I smiled at her. “I’m Isabelle.”
She smiled and looked behind me with a terrified face. “Well, well, if it isn’t the shrimp, oh who’s this, did you finally find an underwater friend to join you?” The guy laughed showing his green teeth, I grimaced trying not to throw up. “What’s the matter wit- oh wait, if it isn’t short stuff, haven’t seen you in years.” He laughed manically realizing who I was. “Leave them alone, you puny little scumbag, before we tear of your balls, and feed them to your mother.” Brian growled balling his fists at his side.
Once they were gone, I turned to Brian and gave him a grateful look, he gave me a reassuring smile in return. Matt grabbed my hand, and gave me a questioning look. “How did that douche know you?” He asked concerned. The other two turned wanting to hear my answer also. “We had kindergarten together, he used to bully me.” Hannah looked at me confused. “But I’m in the same grade as him, and you’re ahead of us.” Everybody had confused faces. “I skipped a few grades.” I mumbled trying not to make it a big deal.
Matt looked at me traumatized. “You’re only fifteen?” I nodded and he got a worried look. “Do you realize how much trouble I could get in I’m eighteen, you’re a minor, I’m sorry but we can’t do anything anymore.” Brian got a strange look on his face, before he busted out laughing. “We didn’t have sex you dumbshit, all did was kiss, and he didn’t seem to have a problem with me then.” I stated annoyed. “That’s because I didn’t know you were fifteen1” He shouted drawing attention. “Yeah well, you didn’t know if I was eighteen or seventeen, so I could still have possibly been a minor, besides, I turn sixteen in a couple months.” He started looking guilty. Just then a mow hawk blocked my view.
“Hi guys, seeing a movie me too.” Said the owner of the crazy hair. “Hi Johnny!” Hannah said sounding excited that he was here. “Hey Johnny, would you like to join us?” Brian asked in a bored tone. He nodded his head violently and followed us into the theater.
On the way in, I saw Hannah squeeze her brother in a tight hug, he just smiled down at her, and shook his head. “Hannah has like Johnny since they were in diapers. He lives down the street from me.” Matt whispered in my ear.
“That’s great,” I murmured moving away from him, remembering our argument earlier. I heard him sigh. That’s when I saw that Johnny kid looking at me confused. “Hi, I’m Isabelle,” I smiled at him, he smiled back at me, and I noticed Hannah glaring at me.
As soon as we picked a row, I made sure that I sat next to Hannah, and nowhere near Matt. “I think you should go after Johnny.” I told her quietly as the previews shown. She turned to me perplexed. “How did you know?” I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. “Don’t look now, but he is totally staring at you.” She smiled at me, and hugged me earning us weird looks from the guys. “I’m not pregnant, I just got the flow.” I stated happily, causing Hannah and I to laugh loudly. Matt looked like a deer caught in the headlights. “I’m just kidding, we were having a friend moment geesh!” I said flabbergasted.
Hannah turned to look at me and smiled a big cheesy grin. “This is the start of a be-a-u-tiful friendship,” she stated as the movie started and the talking died down.
***
Matt’s POV
I cannot believe that girl is fifteen. I thought look at Isabelle as she skipped arm and arm with Hannah along the sidewalk. The movie had just finished and we decided to get some dinner. She looked so beautiful when she laughed, her smile shining in her eyes.
“Hey man, you do know that you won’t be able to stay away from her right?” Brian said all knowingly. I turned to look at him, and slowly nodded my head in defeat. He patted my back. “Just so you know.”
I was lost in my own thoughts about her, when I realized I couldn’t hear her and Hannah’s laughing anymore. I shot my head up, and found the giggling girls nowhere in sight. “Guys? Where did the girls go?” They eyes both widened, as they whipped their heads around searching for them. We all stared at each other panicked.
That’s when we heard the sound of muffle screams.