Status: Completed: Not currently working on a sequel, but also not ruling out the possibility as I've been tossing around a few ideas in my head.

Some Say This Can't Be Real.

Guy Talk

-Johnny’s POV-

I was pissed to the point where I was now fully sober. After I asked Zack to take her home, I was on my way to Brian’s apartment, speeding down Pacific Coast Highway. I didn’t even ring his buzzer like I normally would. I just let myself in. Lights were on, and a TV droned from a bedroom.

“Brian, where the fuck are you!?” I shouted.

I heard footsteps heading from the hallway. “Look, I didn’t mean to upset Lisa tonight,” he said, greeting me in the small foyer.

Every ounce of my energy held me back from beating the hell out of him. Even if he was my best friend, my family came first, more importantly, my little sister. I may be short, I may let them pick on me, but when it came to this kind of defense, nothing would hold back my anger.

“Oh, this has nothing to do with tonight,” I started. “How the fuck could you…” I paused, thinking of the word, but not wanting to say it. Just the thought of that word brought a twist of utter disgust to my stomach. “You…fuck! That’s my baby sister you fucker!”

He looked confused, but I could see right through his false cover. “What? I didn’t do anything!” He shouted in defense.

“Don’t lie to me. She just came clean to all of us after telling Val. How could you do that?”

“Alright, you know what? I did do it. I let the fucking alcohol control me. I let it control my feelings for her. I tried to stop myself, but I couldn’t.”

“Bullshit. You could’ve controlled yourself and talked to her when you’re sober.”

“Alright, fine. I did like her, but I was too arrogant to say it to you guys because I didn’t want to be ridiculed.”

“Well you should’ve got off your high horse before you fucked my sister.”

“I’m sorry okay!?” He shouted at me. I could see that he meant it, but still, he had forcefully had sex with my little sister without her consent.

“You have no idea how bad I want to hit you right now. We’re all going through hell right now, trying to deal with the loss of our best friend, but you need to talk to her. You need to apologize to her, and you just need to get your damn thoughts together. She liked you, she liked you a lot, until you started acting like a dick towards her.”

“You don’t think I feel bad? I admitted that I let my arrogance take the lead. Fuck.” He raised his hands in a challenging manner. “Fucking hit me then. I really don’t fucking care, and I know I deserve it. I deserve it from all of you guys.”

“I won’t, because we’re grown ass men here. I will let you talk to her if you can apologize. And when you do talk to her, I will be there to make sure you don’t hurt her again.” I continued to glare at him.

“Fair enough.”

“When we first started hanging out, she wouldn’t shut up about how she liked you. She even turned down Zacky in hopes of you coming around. Hell, if Leana wasn‘t around, Jimmy would’ve probably asked her out too.”

He dropped his hands and hung his head in defeat. “I got you, man. I am sorry, I really am. I’ve had the past three years to think about it, trust me.”

“Bri, as much as I would love to have you thrown in jail right now, or as much as I‘d love to beat the hell out of you, I can‘t. I am extremely pissed at you right now, being that you‘re my best friend and you went and did this.” He didn’t respond, probably because he didn’t know what to say. “Take a few days away from everyone. A few days alone, then call me when you’re ready to give her a sincere, true apology. Then I may let you come talk to her.”

“Deal,” he said quietly.

“There’s more to the situation,” I said as I slowly began to calm down.

“What?” he asked, wondering if he even wanted to know. “Like I have a three year old child in Chicago?”

My fumes started to rise again as I gritted my teeth. “Her medications caused her to have a miscarriage. It happened two months after she got to Chicago.”

Brian’s eyes widened as he turned to face the wall behind him. “Did I really? Fuck! I can’t…urgh.” He placed both fists against the surface.

“Just be lucky that I got to you before Matt did.”

There was a thud as his forehead hit the wall. “Fuck! How could I be so fucking stupid?” He was restraining himself from putting his fist through the surface.

“I’ll forgive you this time, and I’m sure she will too if you give her a sincere apology, and you actually start treating her better. If anything like this happens again though, I won’t hesitate to call the cops.”

“It won’t. Just give me a few days to think about this. Johnny? I really am sorry,” he said, turning and looking me in the eyes.

“I still can’t believe you. Didn’t wanna be ridiculed, but you’re giving me this apologetic, sappy speech.”

“Fucking hell. I have been emotional the last month. I’m sure we all have. Shit.” His anger peaked briefly again. “I’ll call you in a few days. I’m sorry, alright? I really am. Like I said, arrogance and alcohol got the best of me.”

I didn’t say anything else. Just a nod of acknowledgement, then I turned and walked out. While I was on my way back home, I called Matt and told him I had everything settled, and to not talk to Brian for a few days. Brian was isolated from everyone, and I would make sure of it, even if it meant sitting outside his apartment on guard. When I walked into my apartment, Zack was watching TV, Lisa curled up next to him asleep, her head resting on his hip with his arm draped over her shoulders.

“Brian is off limits for a few days, until he calls me. Got it?” I asked.

He looked up at me confusedly. “Umm, sure.” He arched an eyebrow. “Why?”

“I was talking to him, and told him to take a few days by himself to clear his mind, get his thoughts together and stuff. Then he can come talk to her.”

“You forgave him?”

“He’s my best friend, my band mate, he’s basically my brother. Of course I’m pissed, but I can’t be pissed forever.”

“Wow.” He seemed impressed. “If she was my sister and he did that, I would’ve punched the shit out of him.”

“Believe me, I wanted to. But look at it this way. We’re all grown adults and we’re all going through a rough time right now. To be honest, he had three years to think about what he did. I could just get that sense and tell he was guilty about it. If it happens again though, I won’t hesitate to get him thrown in jail.”

“Fair deal.”

“I said this to Matt too. He’s off limits. Don’t call him, don’t text him, don’t answer anything if he calls or whatever. No contact to him whatsoever. I told myself that if I had to, I would park myself on guard outside his apartment.”

“Okay then.”

“How’s she been?” I asked, nodding towards my sister.

“A few more tears, more feeling ashamed and embarrassed. She calmed down when we got back here, fell asleep within ten minutes of laying down.”

“I almost wish she never turned you down,” I said as I grabbed a bottle of water. “Maybe then this wouldn’t have happened.”

I saw him shrug. “Of course I like her, but it’s her ultimate decision. I’m not going to be upset because she rejected me. She’s your little sister, she’s also a good friend of mine, and I’ll love her as such until she makes the final decision.”

I smiled. He always made it blatantly obvious that he was in love with her. Granted I couldn’t make her decision for her, but I could still wish. He treated her well, and she deserved it.

“Well, we should put her in her own bed. You’re welcome to spend the night if you want.”

“It’s cool. I need to get my dog out,” he said as he picked her up. He carried her to bed then came back out. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I gave him a usual man-hug then watched him leave. I finished off my water before going to bed myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have mixed feelings about this chapter. I feel like I had Johnny forgive Brian too easily. IDK Let me know what you think. Also, do you guys liked the newish layout?

Comments please? =) Feedback, thoughts, opinions, predictions, etc. All is welcome, don't be afraid, I swear I don't bite! I love the fact that I'm getting more and more subscribers with each update. ^_^

Shoutouts to some of my dedicated commenters:
Hachie
it's H A Y L E Y !
NightmareOfVengeance
Shadowspirit567
MyMonkeySaidSo

Thanks so much you guys! <3 This chapter's for you guys.