Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Sexdecim - The Bounty

The ceiling spun above Evalin's head. These drugs were polluting her body - she need to break out. How would Murphy find her? Maybe since this room was less visited she cold find a way out. She felt the nausea lift from her stomach, she hoped her baby was okay. She looked at the tiny window that lay opposite her. It was barred, and too tiny to fit through. Maybe she could get ahold of another phone. Cash walked in.
"I'm sorry my dear, I didn't mean for this to happen. But when you misbehave..."
"I didn't do shit." she said Cash had had many nights with her since she'd been here. He teased her by saying that she was his - that she'd never leave, she was always going to be marked as his.
"I just want to go home." she cried. The drugs slithering through her veins. Her heart was fluttering, it seemed spastic.
"Home? You home is here. I don't know where you think your going to find a home."
"I have a home." she said.
"What that stupid little bar? Where you have occasional high school parties and dance on the bar? Thats you idea of home?" he asked.
"People are my home." she said.
"What - a father? Mother? Did you find some ugly prick that wanted to be your boyfriend? Who would want to suck on an ugly face like yours." Evalin said nothing to protect Murphy. "So... there is a man." he said.
"No one would love me." she said.
"Well whats this nobody's name?" he asked.
"Nobody." Sweat dripped from her chest, her hair, everywhere. Her arms were shaking uncontrollably. Evalin was losing her grip she couldn't quite form the words "fuck you" to Cash.
_______________________________________________________________________

Murhpy, Connor and Romeo were stacking guns and ammo into a duffel bag.
"Doc - we've been thinkin' we dont think it's safe for you here. Can you stay in a hotel?"
"Yeah- we'll all need a homeplate to slide into if things get heated." Romeo said.
"I've already got that covered - just a plain motel, not a-a-lot of t-t-raffic-c-c but close to where you'll be." Doc said.
"Glad your smart." Murphy said.

They holstered their guns to their hips - loaded. Locked the doors to the bar, and left. The had rented a small van - with space for guns, and people, whatever was necessary.
"This sounds like a fun night, right boys? Killing the bad guys."
"Feels good to be back in business." Connor said. They drove Doc to the motel, left him with instructions and then the boys when on their way. An underground sex shop, now there was everything. Apparently prostitution was delivered on a shelf now.
________________________________________________________________________

Parking the van down the block they left for the small industry that lay invisible to the eyes of the public. It seems to ring today, like a grenade, or like a love affair between a man and his mistress, his sweet nightmare he falls in love with every night. What haunted Murphy most - what he was about to face.
"Don't lose yourself in here." Connor whispered to Murphy.
"Why would I?" he asked. Connor just gave him a look of worry. The door was under a yellow canopy, it was white with many pain chips. Then they knocked three times.
"Who sent ya?" The man on the other side of the door asked. Connor shrugged.
"Cash." Murphy said. The man opened the door.
"He's not here."
"He doesn't need to be." Romeo said. "We're here to pay."
"You're too early come back later."
"No - we were told to come, before the others. It'd be better that way." Connor said.
The man let them in. "Fine. Pick ya girls."

Down a dark hall were doors. Doors to rooms - inside were rows of beds. At least ten per room. Three rooms... no four. All these girls. They lay there, not moving. Were they even alive? Murphy feet stopped at the side of every girl with long dark hair. None of them were Evalin. There were few empty beds, some were filled with older women, almost thirty, others were no older than fifteen.

"These all your girls?" Murphy said. Nah we've got a few on lock down, either sick or fighting.
"Could I see them?" he asked.
"Suit yourself." the man said. Murphy walked through the door labeled "Custodial." There were only two beds. But five girls in the room, one was Evalin she was out cold, but her body was fevered to the touch.
"I'll take this girl." Murphy said.
"I can't thats the bosses girl, Cash has to be here to say who can touch her and who can't." Murphy held back all the rage in the world to keep from hitting this man. Other men had touched her, filthy men, not just Cash.
"Comon- I'll give you extra."
"Theres plenty of dark haired girls. Just go pick a different one."
"Not even just a cock job?" he asked.
"No man - Don't you know how this works, this is our place, our rules. Now pick a different girl." the man said. Murphy shut the door behind them. He pulled his pistol from his hip.
"Now you can pick a different life." Murphy said. He shot him point blank between the eyes. His hand made a cross across his chest. And he placed two pennies over this mans eyes.
"Father forgive me." he said. He opened the door. "-Connor" he said. "-Rome" The boys walked out of the full rooms.
"He the only one here?"
"There are more coming within the hour." Rome said. "I heard it on the walkie."
"Then we'll give them a godly welcome when they do," Connor said. They smiled.
"Let's get Evie some water." Murphy said.
"You found her?"
"Yeah - shes got a fever." Murphy said. "She's on fire." he touched her cheek.
"Baby - Baby girl." Murphy tapped her face. She still lay unconscious.

These men they could run, but sooner or later god would find them, the liars, the gambler, God would always find them. Down on bent knees, the man from Galalee would call upon these boys to do his will. God will cut them down. What is done in the dark will be brought to the light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excerpt from Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down" (Paraphrased) Thanks for reading! on maybe two updates left - this saddens me. But I'm happy to still have some to write.