Status: Comments = Updates :)

A Little Piece of Heaven

Ch. 2 - A Son

~~~~ Next Day. Dec. 12th, 2009 ~~~~

I didn’t sleep at all that night and I was pretty sure that it showed. I just couldn’t believe that I had created another human life. I just couldn’t believe it.

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror just staring at my reflection.

I looked like shit.

I just couldn’t get over being a father.

What was I getting myself into?

~~~~ Later ~~~~

I showed up at the lawyers’ office that afternoon and walked into the conference room to go over everything and sign whatever papers I needed to sign.

Brian and Matt were both there for emotional support and they were going to sign up to be the next in line to take care of my son.

I sat down between them both and looked directly across me to my lawyer.

“What do we need to do?”

Today it was only my lawyer, Mr. Smith and Allie’s lawyer, Mr. Daniels.

“First off we need you to sign off on the temporary birth certificate until you pick a name for your son. For Alison Hugh did not have one picked out already. Also will he have your last name?”

“Yes he will”

“Okay well when you get there you can sign on the birth certificate at the hospital and whenever you figure out the name you will just have to fly out there for a day to fill out his name and get the official one. But this one will be good for the time being”

“Okay”

Mr. Daniels slid the birth certificate over to me and I picked up a pen and stared down at it.

It said that Baby, Hugh-Sullivan, was born on December 5th, 2009 at 5:30pm in a Dallas, Texas hospital. He was 8 lbs. 2 oz. and perfectly healthy. He was also 20in. long and had light brown hair and blue eyes. He was male, of course, and his mother was Alison Dakota Hugh and father…James Owen Sullivan.

“So it’s really happening”

“Yes James it is. Unless you have changed your mind?”

“Hell no. This is my son and I’m going to take care of him. I’m going to straighten my act up and raise my son. I promise Alison that I will take care of our son. No matter what he will be taken care of.”

Brian smiled and me and patted my shoulder.

“You won’t be alone in this. We’re all here for you and Kaydence is already out spending my money on clothes and toys.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at Kaydence. But like I said, she was awesome.

“Thanks Brian”

“Anything for the first Avenged baby”

Matt and I laughed at that. I signed my name on the copy of the birth certificate and slid it back over to Mr. Daniels.

They had someone there to certify all of the papers that I was signing. They were from the bank or something and they put their signature and seal on everything so that the hospital would know everything was good to go for me to take my son.

All the rest of the papers were slid over to me to sign and then Matt and Brian signed what they needed to sign and everything was notarized.

“Now just take all of these papers with you and the hospital will release your son to you. Not to mention Mr. Daniels will be there too”

“Okay. What day can I go and get him?”

“Once you have everything you will need and child protection services verify that everything is there for you to welcome your son home.”

“What do I need to get?”

“Quite a few things. We have his current measurements and needs all typed up for you. And a list of everything that you will need to get. The family has already gotten some things for him but he is using those currently and any future items for him are being packed up and will be either shipped out or you can pick them up”

“Either is fine with me. But I’m going to drive down and pick him up”

“A wise choice”

“Jimmy that’s a long ride”

“Not that long.”

“I’ll come with you Jimmy. Keep you awake. And that way someone can watch out for him while you drive”

“Might wanna bring Kaydence with then”

“…You’re probably right”

“Also we have a photo for you of your song.”

“Where!?”

Mr. Daniels slid over a photograph of my son. I looked down at his sleeping face in the photo.

“My son…”

I picked up the photo and kissed it before putting it back down on the photo.

“I’ll be there to get you soon”

I looked up to see everyone smiling at me.

“This baby will be getting SO much affection.”

“Jimmy here is like one big teddy bear. Always the affectionate one”

“That is excellent to hear. Now child services will come by to do an interview to make sure that you are fit to be the father and they will check on your progress for getting everything for your son. They will be at your house the day after tomorrow.”

“Okay I’ll be home”

“It would be wise if Matthew and Brian were there too. So that they can meet both of them too.”

“No problem”

“We’ll be there”

“Now here is your list of books that you may want to consider picking up. They will tell you what you need to know about babies and what they need in the first few years. Also here are some papers for you to look over and a medical report on your son and any allergies they may have found out already. I don’t believe that there are any but you never know. And here are some notes from Ms. Dawnes on your son so far. His schedule at the moment and everything you may need to know right now. And lastly in this packet is everything that you need to get for your son and what baby proofing you will need to do.”

All of the papers were slid in front of me.

Damn that’s a lot

I gulped.

“Okay”

“Take your time and go through everything. Your son is well looked after for now”

“Thank you but I want him home with me as soon as possible. I’m his father”

“That you are”

“So is that it for today?”

“Yes I do believe it is”

“So I’m free to go?”

“Yes you all are”

“Thank you again for everything Smith and Mr. Daniels.”

I stood up and shook hands with both my lawyer and Mr. Daniels followed by Brian and Matt. All of us left together and headed over to my house to go through all of the papers. The rest of the guys would be meeting us there once I was home.

~~~~ 4 pm ~~~~

“HOLY SHIT THIS IS A LOT OF CRAP!!!!”

I was sitting at my dining room table with all of the papers spread out around me. Brian was sitting across from me looking over everything too. Matt had left to go pick up the suggested books for us and had just gotten back and was perusing through them.

Johnny and Zacky were going to be here soon with their girls.

The girls were all super excited for the little baby who was going to be joining us soon.

Suddenly we heard a car pull up out front.

“Someone’s here”

“Good they can help me decipher this crap”

Brian just shook his head at me and Matt stood up to go see who was here.

“HOLY SHIT GIRLS!!!!”

Brian and I looked up to see Kaydence and Catherine walk in, their arms loaded down with bags.

“Did you buy out the entire store!?”

“Nowhere near that. But Brian over here gave me a limit.”

Kaydence turned and glared at Brian who only shook his head in response and held out his hand.

“Credit card now!”

Kaydence plopped her bags down and walked over to Brian, pulling his card out of her purse, or rather huge bag purse thing.

“You my boyfriend are no fun”

“And you my girlfriends are on a mission to make me broke”

“Never!”

Kaydence just smiled at Brian and gave him a quick kiss before walking back over and dragging her bags closer to the table. Catherine had already dragged her bags closer and was staring at the papers strewn everywhere.

“Did a bomb go off in here?”

I looked over at Catherine and around at the table.

“It’s a possibility”

“Damn and I thought I was disorganized at times”

“You hush Catherine”

“Make me”

“No! No making my girl hush!”

“Calm down Matt I wasn’t going to”

“Good”

Suddenly Brian smacked his head down on the table.

“Seriously bad mental image of Matt and my cousin”

At that Catherine walked over to Brian and grabbed him from behind.

“Oh calm down my cousin!”

“No talk of that around me”

“Brian get your ass out of the gutter!”

Brian looked up at Kaydence with slight difficulty due to Catherine having tackled him in a way.

“You need to shut up over there”

“Come and make me”

“I would if Catherine wasn’t keeping me here”

Catherine just kissed my cheek and skipped over to go through the bags with Kaydence.

They proceeded to show us everything that they had bought. They had gotten a bunch of clothes and toys for him. Some big stuffed animals and such.

They piled it all in the living room until I went up and cleaned out the room that would be his.

Crap I still need to do that

~~~~ Midnight ~~~~

By midnight I had managed to get all of the papers sorted thanks to Kaydence’s semi anal tendencies to have everything organized. She had my papers on my son all in one folder with Jimmy’s Son on the cover and she put all the legal papers in another folder saying Legal Crap. And all of the books she neatly piled in the living room and the lists of things to get for my son she went through and wrote down places to go for it all.

I have to say she was a life saver right now.

While she was doing all of that everyone else showed up and went over the papers with me. The girls disappeared eventually to go over to Kaileigh’s house for a slumber party or something.

But not before they looked through my spare rooms and gave their opinion on which was best for me to use for my son’s nursery and future room.

After they left and guys and me walked around and figured out that the best room would be the one that was right next door to mine. We cleaned out the room of everything and put it in the room across the hall from mine. Zacky and Johnny cleaned the room and vacuumed it so that it would be ready for my son’s furniture. I was currently lying down on the floor in that room. Brian was crashed on my sofa and the other guys had gone home.

The room was currently a cream color.

I should paint it for him.

Man I had a lot to do before I could go and pick up my son.

But it was all worth it.

He…would be worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
welllll here's an update. it just came to me once i started. came a lot easier than i thougth at first. get ready for craziness in the next chapter annndddd idk what else. it will start to get more and more insane. in a good way.

hope you all enjoy and much love to my 10 subscribers and my commentors. at least 3 comments before i will update. share the love.

subscribe and comment.

love you all my lovelies ^_^