Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 12

Image
My first banner from IzzyBeth09!
She is officially totally amazing :)

“How nice of you to join us Cole,” Daniel commented in a friendly voice. Fear was written across my face. This was the most terrifying situation I’d been in sense I myself became a slave a mere month ago. Had it really been that long? How had everything changed so quickly.

Cole glared at me, “Your supposed to be watching Edmund, not acting like a whore.” That was a little harsh, don’t you think? My smile disappeared right off my face. “Come with me Gabby,” Cole muttered latching onto my wrist and dragging me in a different direction.

Daniel grinned at me as Cole dragged me away. He looked as though he knew everything, “Know it all,” I grumbled under my breath just quietly enough only I could hear.

“Master Cole, what are you looking for?” I asked glancing around at the hundreds of dresses hanging on rack around us. Curiosity was washing over me. What was he intending on buying? Better yet who was he intending on buying it for?

“Well if you are going to intend the ball, which you are because someone needs to watch Edmund, than you at least have to dress appropriately,” he explained in a bored tone. He acted as if I was barely worth the effort of talking to. Yeah Daniel, he really likes me. Although I did find it strange considering there really was no reason for me to attend. It would be easy enough for Bennett to watch him. Plus sense when did slaves attend parties? Except to serve the guests.

I remained silent as Cole sorted through the dresses in an attempt to pick one he found suitable for me. “I think green would be a good color on you,” he muttered to himself. The entire shop was color coordinated.

Finally after searching through dress after dress he picked up one he liked. It was gorgeous. It was expensive. It was everything I could possibly have wanted in a dress. But even as I stared at the dress in all its glory I couldn’t quite feel right about wearing it. I was a slave. This was a dress I would wear in a past life. It physically hurt me to look at. This dress was something my father would have taken me out to purchase for our winter ball.

“Do you not like it?” Cole questioned me. His face was full of surprise as he looked over the dress again, “I thought it seemed to suite you.”

“No I love it, I just don’t feel like I should be wearing it. It’s not my place,” I muttered to him meekly. How did he not understand what I was saying? It was so outlandish for a slave to attend a ball. Better yet why would a slave attend wearing a gown such as that. A gown and a collar, it was not right.

Cole glared at me before replying, “Well if you’d rather wear rags then by all means.”

“That’s not what I meant at all,” I snapped at him, before turning on my heel and walking away. All I wanted to do was run away, but instead I settled for finding Edmund. Cole was positively infuriating. I wouldn’t be surprised if he punished me later for walking away. It probably made him ‘look like a fool’.

“That went well,” Daniel commented as I approached.

I glared at him. Did he always listen to other people’s thoughts and conversations? How rude.

Daniel laughed.

“Gabby look what I found,” Edmund squealed clutching a high end black suit and scarlet red tie. He would probably be the most dashing five year old at the party.

“That’s wonderful,” I told him smiling lightly. It was fake, but Edmund didn’t notice as he darted off again.

Daniel and I watched as the child sauntered around completely amused by the whole store. He really needed to go on more public outings for his own mental health. “They didn’t all die you know,” Daniel whispered beside me.

“I figured,” I replied instantly catching on he was talking about all of my family and friends that had been at the castle during the battle.

“They are going to rebel. It’s only a matter of time before they go on a rampage. They were horrified when they watched you die. It was as though it ripped apart their souls. Why is that? How did you not die?” it felt strange having Daniel pry into such a personal matter. One that I had tried so desperately to keep secret from the people around me.

It surprised me that Daniel had not figured out my charade. I explained it, “I was the last full blooded Alpha we had. The rest don’t have nearly the same authority I suppose. They need an Alpha to unite. Now they’re using makeshift ones, which is never good. I got away because I knew something wasn’t right. I could feel it. Well my wolf could feel it really. So I switched places with my maid. No one noticed the servant that ran from the castle, they were to distracted about killing the wolves. It was a chaos.”

Daniel shook his head slightly a he took in all the information I had revealed to him. “It is a good thing that they have you. Without you I fear there would never be peace. It is something we need. This feuding is so childish. These old vampires hold resentment from a time so long ago. They need to adapt to the present day or everything will perish. Just take a look outside and you can see what I’m talking about. Cole sees it too. Trust me he does. He just doesn’t know what to do about it. That night Corban ordered to destroy all of you Cole could hardly contain his fury. He wouldn’t leave his room knowing that what was going to happen was wrong. Cole is a good person, he just doesn’t know how to stand up to his father.”

My mind was reeling with question because seconds later I heard Cole announce, “Everything has been purchased. We’re leaving.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to IzzyBeth09. I guess I'll be updating a couple times in her honor.
Anyway I love my 24 subscribers, they are are so awesome!
Remember subscribe and comment if you dare!