Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 22

Image

“What are you doing with her?” a deep husky voice hissed.

My eyes slowly peeled open as I attempted to take in my surroundings again. “What is your problem?” Daniel responded angrily, “You don’t think she doesn’t know, she saw you with her you idiot.”

They were so caught up in their heated argument they hadn’t noticed that I had woken up.

“She saw me,” Cole whispered. I had long sense pieced together what was going on. Daniel had known what I had witnessed when he reached out to me last night. He had known exactly why I wasn’t asleep. In a way it was comforting to know Daniel was friendly enough with me that he would try to cheer me up. In another way it was scary how much he knew about me from merely listening in on my thoughts.

“Of course she saw you,” Daniel mumbled plopping down beside me, “Good morning Gabby.”

Cole’s head snapped around in my direction as he stared at me. His hair was still completely disheveled and he was only wearing a pair of lose gray sweatpants. If it weren’t for the fact I knew exactly what he had done last night I would have found myself rather attracted to him, but after what happened I realized I needed to forget him. I had a mission and Cole was becoming increasingly distracting.

Daniel looked at me with pity in his eyes. Cole noticed because he quickly mumbled, “Don’t you have work to do slave.” It was degrading, but I accepted it for what it for what it was and promptly stood up from my place of resting.

“Thank you Daniel,” I whispered to him, before evacuating the room in a rush.

For some reason I fell back into my schedule with ease. For the next week there were no more run ins with Cole or Daniel. Sure I occasionally saw Cole, but he was always accompanied with Blaire. In a way it was a good thing, because it gave me time to focus on the big picture. I needed to find a way to get into contact with the new ‘alpha’ of the werewolves. Knowing them they abandoned the monarchy when we died and tried to find a replacement alpha.

My first guess on who they would choose would either be my great Uncle Rodney who would be a fair alpha during peace time, but he didn’t quite have the skill in maneuvering politics when the entire population is on the brink of war. My next guess would be my cousin Troy who had one of the wildest tempers I’d ever seen. We had always been pretty close anyway, but I was fairly certain he was alive considering he had been enjoying a honeymoon with the love of his life during my party.

“What do you want to do today?” I asked King Edmund who sat on his floor surrounded by his hundreds of toys. It was funny how Mistress Abigail had been so angry that I a MUTT was being left alone with her nephew, but now that she had Cole and Blaire to distract her she could care less. The festivals were a few days away and guests were piling into the castle at a phenomenal rate.

Edmund giggled, before looking down shyly. “I want to play with Kayli,” he whispered.

I grinned at him, “Who is Kayli?” I asked him laughing at his sudden shyness.

“She’s my friend,” he muttered looking embarrassed.

“Okay sounds good. Let’s go find her,” I told him sticking out my arm. Quickly he grasped my wrist and began dragging me out of the room. I’d never seen him so excited for anything in my entire life. He looked so light, like he was walking on cloud nine.

As soon as we reached the second floor Edmund went from excited to distraught in a few short seconds. “What’s wrong child?” I asked him concern woven into my words as I place my hand on his soft hair in comfort.

“I don’t know what room is hers?” he whined. I nearly giggled at how melodramatic he was behaving.

“Well who is she staying with?” I asked the most obvious question. If she was five, I would most certainly believe she was staying with someone else.

Edmund looked deep in thought when finally he piped out, “She’s staying with her sister Blaire.” The color drained from my face. Why was everything always fucking me over. I nodded to him knowing full well which room was hers. Master Henry had made Tina prepare it personally.

“Come on,” I muttered leading the King to room thirty-three. Edmund didn’t wait a second before knocking loudly on the door. He was practically convulsing in excitement to my amusement. A few moments later the door cracked open revealing the familiar blond who I’d become so depressingly accustomed to seeing walking about with Cole.

She looked normal enough wearing a pair of jeans and a flowing purple top. Upon seeing young Edmund she grinned at him, “Hello you highness. Kayli is outside playing in the garden if you wish to join her.” Her voice was very light and whimsical. I could see what Cole saw in her.

Instantly Edmund took off running causing Blaire to emit a string of giggles. I smiled at her lightly, before turning on my heel and heading off towards the rose gardens. Before I knew what was happening I found Blaire walking by my side. “You’re the girl Cole is in love with, aren’t you?” she asked me.

I stared at her in surprise, before responding, “I don’t think so.”

Blaire smiled one of those knowing smiles. It was as if she knew something I didn’t. I was slightly alarmed by what she was saying. Wasn’t she the girl he loved? What on earth was she talking about? This entire mess was so confusing and pointless. It was all a distraction from my necessities.

“Daniel told me who you are,” she whispered lightly in my ear, “I just wanted you to know my family and I are behind you.”

With that message she walked away.

I’d found another ally in the girl I had once wanted to kill.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay someone reported my story for plagiarism (I have no idea why because it's obviously not copied). So I've been freaking out over that. My only thought would be that someone didn't realize I have this story posted on BOTH Quizilla and Mibba. If anyone has any information on what I should do about being falsely reported I would appreciate it.

I would like to personally thank violetriddle for being so supportive with her rather amusing comments sense the beginning of this story. She's wonderful.