Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 21

Image

Image

Image

The lovely xmhmitsmex from Quzilla was kind enough to make all three of these banners. Needless to say I'm dedicating this chapter to her.

Maybe I was overreacting. Maybe I wasn’t. Maybe it didn’t really matter. Whatever it was I wasn’t happy. A mere ten minutes ago I saw a gorgeous girl with long blond hair and emerald eyes prance down the stairs adorning a flowing cocktail dress that matched her eyes. Seeing her reminded me of myself before the scars and bruises. But what bothered me about the situation was the fact the Cole had left the castle arm in arm with her.

A frown was engraved into my face. It shouldn’t bother me who Cole was with. It was stupid to think that him and I would ever have a chance. He was going to marry a noble vampire that could support him through thick and thin. It wouldn’t bother me. It was going to happen.

“Are you okay?” Tina asked me as we sat around the dinner table in the slave dining hall. Roland and her sat on either side of me. I was currently pushing around the mush that they called food. Upon seeing Cole with the girl I’d completely lost my appetite.

I didn’t respond to her question. Instead I asked my own question, “Do you know the noble girl that came today? The one with blond hair about our age.”

Roland cut in to the conversation, “Yeah that was Blaire. I think she’s the daughter of the duchess or something. I head Mistress Abigail bragging about trying to plan out a marriage between her and Cole.” My heart fell as I forced a smile on my face.

Cole’s POV

Blaire was absolutely stunning as she sat across from me in a fancy restaurant babbling on about some political debate she heard. Her blond ringlets bounced up and down. I loved everything about her, but I could never bring myself to love her. My needs for a girl had changed and I felt the need to tell that to her strait up.

I cut her off mid-sentence, “Blaire, I need to tell you something,” she nodded for me to continue, “It is only fair that you know. My mother is intending for me to marry you. I may marry you someday, but I find it highly unlikely I will ever love you.”

For a few minutes I was met by a blank stare, but the a tiny smile appeared on her face. “That’s okay,” she laughed, “I understand. You’re in love.” Wait what? I never said that.

When she saw my confused face, she laughed harder. “Come on Cole, its so obvious. I saw it on your face from a mile away, but evidently you didn’t even know yourself. That’s okay though, we can still have fun.”

Her words were far more understanding than I expected.

So we spent the night laughing and talking about anything and everything. I’d never felt so relaxed in my life as I shot back glass after glass of wine. It was so nice not having to live in constant stress. Upon finishing our dinner I found myself stumbling out of the restaurant clutching Blaire’s pale arm. She was a giggling hot mess. Under the faint glow of the full moon light I stared into her pretty green eyes and with a grin on my face I kissed her soft pink lips.

Within seconds we were wrapped in each other’s arms lost.

Gabby’s POV

Honestly it had not been my intentions to be up when Cole and Blaire arrived home from their evening out. I would never dream of hurting myself by watching the two of them stumbling towards the castle in each other’s arms. My eyes stung ever so slightly as I watched her place delicate kisses on his neck. She was his kind. I convinced myself this was the way it should be. I never stepped out from behind the rows of rosebushes until they had long sense past me on the way to Cole’s room.

The wolf inside me yearned to rip Blaire to shreds, but my mind knew better. That’s not to say that my mind wasn’t hurt by the current situation. In face it was devastated. Silent tears slid down my face. I could feel a nauseating pain my chest. Without warning I tilted my head back and howled at the moon. My howl was full of pain, anger, and desperation.

The wind picked up. The roses fluttered about. It chilled my entire spine. My Night Mother had heard my pain.

Minutes later I found myself ambling down the halls of the castle. I was forever stuck in my nightly ritual. I hummed a tune my father had sung to me when I was a child in the nursery. My mother had died shortly after my birth. Werwolf births were plain out dangerous, especially because we often had twins or triplets. It had something to do with how a wolf had multiple pups at a time. Anyway my mother died birthing one child.

“I would think you would know better than to wander the halls,” Daniel’s amused voice rang loud and clear breaking the silence of the night.

I smiled at him, but the smile couldn’t quite reach my eyes. “You would think I would, but for whatever reason I can’t seem to learn,” I retorted light heartedly.

Daniel laughed loudly, before responding, “You couldn’t sleep either?”

“I suppose you could say that.”

“Well I know the perfect solution princess,” he told me, before grasping my wrist and whisking me away to a room I’d never been in before. Of course most rooms in the castle I’d never been in before.

The room was extraordinary to say the least. Not because it was fancy or anything, no I was amazed because of what it contained. Countless things from the human world. There was a huge flat screen TV hanging on the wall with book cases of movies, computers, games, and everything anyone can imagine. “Let’s watch a movie,” Daniel declared as we sat down on the couch.

Within thirty minutes I was asleep in the glorious room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure people are going to hate me for this chapter :)
It's okay take your anger out in your comments...
Especially considering there has been a random drop in number of comments.
Don't make me sad leave a comment.