Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 25

Image

My body was convulsing as I tried to fight my attacker. He was stronger than I remembered, but I was more self assured. For whatever reason being able to break free of my collar made me more confident. I shoved him back putting all my weight into my attack. Gregory hissed in response and grabbed ahold my hair. Before I could even register what was going on I felt the fire in my scalp as he dragged me down the hallway.

My vision was blurred but I could still make out the faint detail of guest room hallway on the second floor. He was taking me to his room. The mere thought of it horrified me. It reminded me of the first day on the job when the girl cleaning the room next to mine was punished. Blood had soaked into the carpet turning the normally snowy white scarlet red. My blood was going to soak into the carpet if I didn’t fight back.

I howled loudly as I fought against his grip. My body was being shocked everywhere, but it didn’t matter to me. I embraced the pain the collar gave and tried to defeat it. “I’m going to kill you,” I growled in a strained voice. It was the first time I ever genuinely believed my threat and it was terrifying.

Gregory laughed as dragged me into his room kicking the door shut behind him. “Come on you stupid MUTT let’s have some fun. You messed with the wrong person and it’s time for you to pay,” his voice was hollow and cold.

As I lay against the soft plush carpet I felt the wolf inside of me breaking free. It was fighting off every single shock sent up and down spine. It wanted to kill. I’d never lost my temper so wildly in my life. It wasn’t right. I wasn’t thinking like I was supposed to. All I could thing about was ripping out his stomach and watching the blood and guts fall out in a heap on the floor. My instincts were taking over.

I tossed and turned on the ground trying to stay out of Gregory’s reach until I could make the transformation. The problem was it just wasn’t clicking like last time. My body wasn’t transforming. I was scared.

Slowly I back against the wall as Gregory approached. His fangs were out for all to see. I was never going to be a willing participant in his sick fetish. “Good night MUTT,” he whispered before digging his teeth into my neck.

Why me?

Cole’s POV

My arms were wrapped tightly around Blaire as we danced around the ballroom surrounded by hundreds of other vampires. She was my best friend rivaled only by Daniel. I could tell her everything. It felt nice to actually enjoy one of these parties for once. Everything had run pretty smoothly except for Edmund’s mild tantrum. Naturally Gabby was there to take control of the situation. She was a natural born mother. One day she would have a husband and kids of her own.

It hurt a little to know those children would never be mind, and that I could never call her wife.

“Are you okay Cole?” Blaire asked perplexed by my sudden drop in mood.

“Yeah I’m fine,” I mumbled glancing around the room for Gabby. She should have been back by now. Perhaps she decided to ditch out on the evening’s party. I wouldn’t blame her, that’s probably what I would do.

Blaire stared up at me with a sly smile on her lips, “You’re thinking about her, aren’t you?”

I stared down at me. It was truly remarkable how she had me all figured out. I owed her a lot for sticking to this whole charade even though she knew nothing would ever come of it. I never responded because it was at that time a young human slave with bright red hair and innocent face approached us. Blaire and I stopped dancing.

What the hell was this slave doing? She was completely out of line. They weren’t aloud anywhere near the dance floor. I stared her over until I saw it. Her eyes. There was something wrong with her eyes. She was blind. I would know those eyes anywhere. It was the Night Mother.

“Protect my child,” the raspy voice demanded of me. It was such an old voice that didn’t fit the girl standing before me. I glanced over at Blaire who looked completely bewildered. I knew she was talking about Gabby.

“Where is she?” I questioned her urgency in my voice.

The girl looked distant and dazed, but her voice rang loud in clear with disgust as she replied, “With him.” The anger boiled inside me. I felt like I was seeing red as I rushed from the ballroom leaving everything behind. I needed to find her. I needed to save her. How had I let this happen again?

When I reached the guest rooms I had to stop and listen. I’d never bothered learning what room was his. It was yet another stupid mistake. I’d known he was after her. I’d known what had happened, but I still let her out of my site. This just proved I wasn’t deserving of something as wonderfully pleasant as Gabby.

I heard a crash from the door of one the rooms. I didn’t hesitate before slamming my entire body into the door snapping it right off the hinges. The door lay hanging barely off to the side. Inside it revealed a mess I never thought I would witness in my life.

Gregory had tossed an unconscious Gabby on the bed like a rag doll and was currently on top of her. They were both smothered in her blood. The scent of the blood in no way appealed to me as a meal. His smoldering eyes stared at me in shock. Before I could even comprehend what I was doing, I launched myself onto him knocking him strait off the bed on to the ground.

I’m going to kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter, do you love this chapter? Do tell.

Also I'm thinking sequel so any cool character ideas or pictures would be awesome!

I love my readers and commenters.