Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 38

Image
This totally amazingly beast banner was created by iloveyoucookieh! Everyone should worship her!

Image
The last amazing banner created by xmhmitsmex from Quizilla. Love her :)

Cole’s POV

Words could not describe my horror as I watched Gabby rip right through the collar that had once restrained the monster inside of her. It was terrifying to hear the snap of her spine as she transformed into a giants wolf. It was beautiful in a deadly way. Her thick chocolate fur looked so soft to the touch. I wasn’t as bothered as one would think as I watched her dig the sharp canine’s in my mother’s throat. What kind of son was I?

No what bothered me was the words that kept echoing through my mind like a broken record, I am Princess Gabriella Storm. How had I not know? Was she ever going to tell me? I’d fallen in love with the enemy. The person I’d been trained to hate since the moment I was born. I couldn’t handle it anymore. As I watched Daniel walk towards the front of the crowd with a knowing look on his face, I realized just how insane this situation was. Everybody had stopped fighting and was now staring in shock. What was going on?

I couldn’t take it anymore. Quickly I turned on my heel and walked out of the room. Everyone was so focused on Gabby they hardly noticed. This was to much for me to handle. How could this have happened?

My feet led me up the stairs. Was this considering running away? I wasn’t sure. Before I even realized what I was doing I walked into Edmund’s room. Something drew me there. Inside I was surprised to find ten fully armed vampire guards standing around the child in defensive postures. What were they expecting an army? Yes, they were.

“It’s over,” I told them, “Abigail and Corban are dead. They have won.” Shock was written across their faces. They couldn’t believe the words coming out of my mouth. I couldn’t believe the words coming out of my mouth.

The men stared down at the ground in complete and utter defeat. My very being felt defeated. “What’s going on,” Edmund cried out running toward me with his flailing arms. Were they really going to kill him? Were they going to kill me?

These questions were flooding through my mind endlessly. I picked Edmund up off the ground and placed him in my arms. My mind was reeling. I was so lost in thought it took me completely by surprise when door burst open. Instantly every one jumped into the attack ready to slaughter the onslaught led by the wolves. Only there was no wolf, only a girl.

The same girl that had warned me about Gregory, with the familiar red hair and blind eyes. It was strange to have the Night Mother possessing the same girl over again. Was the woman here to kill me?

“I’m not going to kill you boy,” the old, hoarse voice told me. The guards around me were shocked. They couldn’t understand who or what this human girl was. They attempted to step froward for the kill, but I raised my hand up in indication to halt.

“What do you want?” I snapped at her anger lacing my words. My world was falling apart around me.

A sad smile graced the girl’s lips as she explained, “It is time for you to decide. Them or Gabby? Everything has been put into place, and you need to pick your side. Do you want to remain in the past? Or do you want live in the future. It can be forever. You can have what you desire so much. Just play the cards.” It was a familiar speech to the one she’d told me so long ago when she came to the castle disguised as a seer. The words were so fitting. I understood what she wanted from me.

As if she heard my thoughts, she left the girl. She shut her eyes tight and began to shake uncontrollably. When her eye lids fluttered open revealing emerald eyes. Quickly the girl glanced around as if she was shock to find herself. Then her eyes landed on me and her words came sputtering out, “Cole! What are you doing here? Why aren’t you with Gabby? What happened? Is she okay? I can’t remember anything after Mistress Abigail attacked.”

The girl was frantic. Evidently she was very attached to Gabby, which intrigued me. “Who are you?” I asked her quietly.

Instantly she stopped talking and stared at me with a look of wonder before muttering, “Tina,” in a quiet voice.

“Well Tina. We are about to go down stairs and discover just how we are going to fix this mess,” I told her with a small smile. The Night Mother had a stake in my destiny no pun intended. Either I was going to accept the future or I was going to die. The future was murky, but it was far prettier then the past.

I led the group of warriors, the king, and the frail slave down the extravagant steps. It felt like I was passing the threshold of the past and entering the future. It caused me a sense of satisfaction knowing that I could do it with my head held high and confidence in my stride. As I entered the ballroom for the hundredth time that night I was shocked to find it in complete disarray.

People were arguing and fighting amongst themselves. My eyes traveled towards Gabby and Daniel. Daniel appeared to be an intense debate with some nobles around him while Gabby looked plain out unhappy. I felt bad for her. She had really unleashed a fury that would be very difficult to control. Come to think of it, I was rather surprised they hadn’t resorted to blows to get their points across.

Through all the chaos I clutched the you King in my arms. Nothing was going to happen to him, I was going to make sure of it. I didn’t care what happened to me as long as Gabby and Edmund made it out alive. In order to draw the crowd back into what mattered I screamed out loud and clear, “QUIET!”

Let the future begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm for whatever reason this chapter doesn't really kick it for me, but perhaps you like it? Meh whatever. Anyway I suppose it is rather important.
I'd appreciate some comments lovelies :)