Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 37

Image
This lovely banner was created by xmhmitsmex from Quizilla. I love her!

Chapter 37

Things to remember if you’re ever going to openly admit your secret identity in front of a hall full of your enemies; don’t get distracted, make sure everyone really dangerous is dead, and never expect everyone to have stopped fighting. As I stared down at Cole’s horror struck face, I was taken completely by surprise when Abigail launched herself at me. Our frames were twisted together in a fight as we crashed to the hard wood floors.

My first instinct was to change earning me sharp shocks up and down my spine. For some reason it didn’t bother me. I felt confident in my abilities as I struggled against the crazy woman who refused to back down. “You’ve ruined me, you stupid MUTT,” she hissed revealing her sharp, jagged teeth.

The Night Mother was with me. I could feel the power she provided me in the very core of my body. It was not the initial fighting that troubled me, it was breaking the collar. My strength and mind power were all thrown into breaking the witch’s spell. Abigail’s attack was clumsy and hardly worth fretting over unless I was stuck wearing a collar.

It happened so fast that I hardly realized what had occurred.

The collar snapped right off my neck and I began to transform. The last thought that crossed my mind before I gave in to my inner wolf instincts was ‘Blaire is going to kill me for ruining the dress’. My spine snapped and my limbs began to change. Every aspect of my body was shifted and grown. It was pain and pleasure all mixed into one. I hadn’t felt it in so long.

My wolf howled loudly in pleasure before it gave into it’s long awaited blood lust. With ease I dug my teeth into the neck of my opponent and took her life in one shot. My wolf was pleased beyond belief, but my mind was sickened by the act I had just committed. How could Cole possibly forgive me? I had slaughtered his mother right before his eyes.

Slowly I backed away from the body and stared at the crowd. Shockingly no one had broke into brawls. They just watched horrified. “How did she brake the collar?” a noble vampire woman asked terrified.

To say my confidence had began to slowly diminish at a staggering rate would be a complete under statement. It had never occurred to me that I would make it this far. Now in a mere hour I had went from being the person pushed to the back of the room treated like trash to the person who they were now looking at expectantly. Modesty seemed like a good route, but glancing around I wasn’t exactly swimming around in available clothes.

Daniel began to meander through the crowd towards me. He, naturally, had read my mind. It was comforting to know he had stood by his word. As Daniel approached though he was immediately cut off by Troy who had taken it upon himself to snap back into a barreling ball of fluff headed strait towards him. See like I said, Troy had far too much of a temper to rule people. I saw a grin stretch across Daniel’s face as he watched Troy coming towards him.

I growled in displeasure stepping towards Troy. Back off I mentally sent the message to Troy. Him accepting me as his Alpha allowed me to put my thoughts in his mind. It allowed for us to work as a pack. When having my Alpha abilities explained to me years ago by my father himself, I’d always assumed it would be difficult, but as I controlled this situation with ease, I realized it was only natural. The Night Mother had blessed my blood with the ability to lead. I wasn’t forcing myself into the role, it was forcing itself on me.

Upon hearing my thoughts, Troy backed down fast. Quickly he glanced back and forth between Daniel and I confused. It was strange to have everyone watching us. The wolves were still in their wolf form incase the attack resumed. It’s amazing how people followed like sheep. Both sides had come to a halt as they looked around for leadership and direction.

“My good people,” Daniel announced walking towards me with a grin plastered across his face, “I think we all realize what it’s time for.” It bothered me that Daniel was making the speech, not Cole. As I turned and stared at Cole I was surprised to find he was no longer there. It felt like a hole was in my chest. It hurt so bad. I knew he would never accept me. He had a dream of us running away from this place, and here I was becoming the center of it.

“We need to look to the future,” Daniel continued sending me a sympathetic glance, “In the future we all know what had been looming. It is time for us to join together, for it is only in unity that we will prevail. It is only in unity that we can grow. Our kingdom has been dying for centuries and over the last few years it has taken a turn for the worse. Perhaps a new, fresh leader will lead us from this path of decay.”

The way the vampire’s hung on his every word surprised me. I had never realized how respected Daniel was in the community. Or perhaps Daniel was right, there would be many willing to follow my lead. We just had to clear the muddy water.

“Why should we trust her?” a voice barked from the back earning some angry growls from the wolves.

“Yeah, she’s a MUTT for crying out loud,” a man agreed.

Some voices began to announce their displeasure. I began to feel unsettled and scared. Maybe I jumped the gun on believing we were out of the mud yet. Minute upon minute of standing around created more angry vampires and wolves. Things began slipping into a state of harsh, personal feuds. People began to erupt into verbal threats as they debated the future of Otherworld.

“QUIET!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I freaking love this chapter!
Anyone else love it? Is Cole really leaving? Is he ever going to forgive Gabby?
What do you think?