Sequel: Puppet to the Crown
Status: Same story is posted by me on Quizilla under the username ParentalAdvisory4382

Slave to Destiny

Chapter 46

Image
This lovely banner was created by xmhmitsmex. Bow to her!

Image
jo3yy created this work of amazingness :)

Chapter 46

“Pick any of them,” he whispered in my ear lightly as my eyes darted around the room eagerly. Excitement bubbled up in the pit of my stomach as I stared at the long showcases full of every kind of ring my heart could possibly desire.

Cole had decided it was time for me to get a wedding ring. I was just going to ignore the fact he didn’t get around to it until a week before the wedding. I mean honestly it was the thought that counts (especially considering I had completely forgot about that aspect of the wedding). “Any of them? Are you sure?” I asked positively delighted.

“Anything for you beautiful,” Cole whispered in my ear before placing a light kiss on my cheek. My face flushed slightly as a blush appeared.

With in seconds I had darted off down the isles staring at the dazzling jewels staring back at me. They were all lovely, but considering who I was I craved something different. I wanted something edgy. I could just wear a plain old black band with silver jewels. That would be so plain. “Excuse me, my name is Fredric. Do you know what you’re looking for miss?” a man asked from behind the counter obviously not recognizing who I was.

It was rather surprisingly that Cole took me out of the house without informing the store that we’d be coming. Perhaps if no one knew we were coming (me included) no one would be able to plan an attack. “I want something different,” I explain knowing full well I wasn’t being very helpful.

He smiled lightly and responded, “Well we have silver bands instead of the traditional black. We have black gems that can be placed inside. Are any of these catching your fancy?” Once again another person didn’t understand my taste. Sighing slightly I try to control the annoyed wolf inside me. One of the worst things about being a wolf surrounded by vampires was it was so easy to want to snap at them. If I were to snap at a wolf no one would think anything of it, but a vampire would take in very personally.

“No I want something very different. Something nobody has ever done before,” I further explained as I glanced down at the shimmering rings in the cases.

My request seemed to baffle him, but after a few moments of thought he came up with an idea, “Well we have been receiving rings from a new designer. He is quite edgy, and I’m sure he’ll go far,” the man mused, “but be warned they are rather expensive.” My thoughts went to Cole who had openly said I could buy whichever one my heart desirers.

Fredric led me to a small case in the back of the huge room. Glancing inside I gasped. They were gorgeous. Each one was a shiny silver band with ruby red stones placed delicately with in surrounded by black gems. I turned to him with a grin and announced happily, “I want one.” Fredric seemed pleased.

“But,” I started only to watch his face fall, “I can’t have a silver band. It will have to be gold.”

Fredric openly glared at me. “That’s hefty request to ask of an artist. I don’t believe Mister Routledge would appreciate you making such gross claims. As if gold will look any better.” What was with wedding people having sticks shoved up their ass?

A frown graced my lips as I tried to explain, “I’m sorry, but I’m allergic to silver. I’m sure Mister Routledge would be happy to make one for me. I would be sure to share with everyone who the designer was of the ring.” I attempted to persuade the man. It was so tempting to mention the fact that I was queen, but currently adorning ripped jeans and a t-shirt, I doubted he would believe me. How dare he be so rude to anybody.

“Allergic to silver! What are you a MUTT? I can smell it. You trashy beast get out. You should be wearing a collar,” Fredric hissed at me his eyes boring down on me. Anger sizzled under my skin. My wolf was going crazy as it clawed to escape the cage and rip the flesh off the man in front of me.

Before I was even aware of what had occurred, the man was smashed into one of the glass cases. Cole was standing over him. Anger was radiating off of him. “Don’t you ever talk to her like that again,” Cole growled. Glancing around I watched as security that had once been stealthily hidden appear. They quickly made a circle around us blocking us from any other possible threats.

“Who do you think you are boy?” the man howled attempting to shove Cole.

“My name is Cole Sterling, and you just insulted my fiance Queen Gabriella Storm,” Cole spit at the man venom in his voice. He was so angry. I could hardly believe what had happened. Fredric looked positively terrified as he stared at me.

Slowly I grasped Cole’s wrist and pulled him towards me. “I think we should get the ring elsewhere,” I whispered to Cole quietly. With only a slight hesitation Cole followed me as we exited the store. Security trailed behind us.

“I’m sorry,” Cole mumbled.

Curiously I glanced up at him, “Why is that? You didn’t do anything.”

He sighed, “This was supposed to be special. Now where are we going to get a ring?”

My mind thought for a few moments. I still greatly desired the rings I had seen on display. Fredric’s awful behavior had not swayed my love for the beautiful, edgy rings. “Perhaps I can special order it?” I asked Cole putting on my best pleading eyes as I stared up at him. “I still want a Routledge ring.”

Cole smiled lightly at me before responding, “I’ll see what I can do. I must have some kind of trick up my sleeve.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Gabby can't even buy a ring without a problem...:(
Any thoughts?